Astroneer looks better then No Man's Sky

DF007gamer

Just checked out some of the game play and it looks like it could be a lot of fun.  I like that the game has planetary physics, a building/crafting system, a tethering system and the ability to terraform the planet.

The styling is different from No Man's Sky, but I like it's presentation.  I believe it's going to Steam Early Access so I imagine it will be a wait and see process of how it turns out and whether it will be bought to console.

• Like 1

They have some interesting vlogs over on their Twitter account, documenting a lot of the prototyping for the game which is interesting

https://twitter.com/astroneergame?lang=en

Edited to add:  Also found their Blog which talks a lot about the development of the game http://blog.astroneer.space/

Edited by RachP13
  • Like 1

No Man's Sky trailers also looked better than No Man's Sky and look what happened to that game.

... wait.

Anyway I'm not letting myself get hyped any more unless the devs have already proven themselves. I can allow myself to get psyched for Fractured But Whole and Horizon Zero Dawn, for instance. With devs I know less about, I'll just not buy stuff day one any more. I only really do that when there's physical extra's involved anyway, or a pre-order sale which only happens with a select few AAA games.

Here's some gameplay if anyone wants to see

While we're on the subject, can we not hype it up to be something better than NMS? I mean I'm sure it will have something that outdoes NMS but as of now it sounds like it's the same game just different mechanics.

• Like 2

While we're on the subject, can we not hype it up to be something better than NMS? I mean I'm sure it will have something that outdoes NMS but as of now it sounds like it's the same game just different mechanics.

I agree with this sentiment - also it's guaranteed that there will be people who take offense to the title and just come here to project about No Man's Sky.

I think this game should be considered on its own merits, especially as they are putting it out as an early access indie game.  This is a game that is unpolished and unfinished in its present state and early access will mean the developers can engage with the community to update and add content.

Here's some gameplay if anyone wants to see

Thanks for the link. Is that a dev talking? Because they sure don't sound like they try to hype it :) "oh yeah this is procedurally generated and all that crap"...

The footage has convinced me that this is a game I'll want to keep my eye on. I'll still keep to my earlier statement and I will wait for some reviews and full console gameplay footage before I allow myself to get psyched for it.