should i buy RE5 at this point?

Muff

I've been on the fence for a few years, but ive always ended up finding a game i want more and buying that....but with RE6 out and being interested in that, i think its time to buy this...i think.

first off, should i get the Gold edition or regular? im not going through whatever the MP DLC is cuz i dont value a 100% that much, just want to play the game....also though, most people have beaten this already, but id like to have someone to play with instead of just going solo, cuz id get bored fast,...and i often have issues with tolerating teammate AIs.

So is it a little late, or is it still worth it?

It's an okay title if you go in KNOWING that is in very much an arcade hallway shooter game. It's driven more to action than the previous installments and is much more fun with headsets.

You will not want to play this with anyone that has infinite ammo unlocked or prefers infinite ammo. It's more fun to be tense about collective ammo.

DO NOT worry about upgrading every weapon until later. focus on one at a time.

Never too late to get a coop game if you have a partner... an actively online partner.

Definitely worth buying now that it's cheap. The gold edition is about $20 new if you're interested in the dlc missions. You could always buy the regular edition dirt cheap if you could care less about the dlc. I thought it was a pretty good game. Not awesome, but worth playing.

The mp is dead, but I'm sure you can still find co-op partners pretty easy.

I actually quite enjoyed the game and if you like third person shooters I think you'd enjoy it too. You may as well go for the Gold Edition because GameStop has both versions listed for the exact same price...

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/resident-evil-5-gold-edition/76479

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/resident-evil-5/72484

Although I did find the original for $14.99 on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-5-Playstation-3/dp/B0012N94WO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350258955&sr=8-1&keywords=Resident+Evil+5+PS3

So with the added DLC (and Move support if that's your thing) in the Gold Edition, I think you should fork up the few extra bucks. You should have no problems finding any co-op partners either.

Parker

It's a great game IMO. Haven't touched the DLC myself...yet ;)

My chief complaint with this game is the fact that you can not move when you shoot. My second complaint is the laser dot sight you get rather than a reticle. Other than that, I loved it. Professional was a solid challenge (for me anyway) especially if you don't enable infinite ammo.

• 2 months later...

I definetly recommend buying this game. It's pretty damn good! If you've played Resident Evil 4 on PS2, Wii or Gamecube, you'll enjoy it as much. Like many have said, go for the Gold edition. It has extra contents already in it so you won't have to download it on the Playstation Network.