Why are there no guides at all for this game?

That's the worst part. I hate when people put "walkthrough" on their video but it is just them bumbling around with no editing until they solve the puzzle/collectible.

I went to one for help in Assassin's Creed once and I was even more lost after watching the video because he spent 10 minutes trying to get to the collectible. Why not learn where to go first AND THEN RECORD YOURSELF DOING IT

I feel as though there should be a "how to 'walkthrough' youtube guide" written by PowerPyx, Pyx has never failed me when it comes to videos.

• Like 2

I feel as though there should be a "how to 'walkthrough' youtube guide" written by PowerPyx, Pyx has never failed me when it comes to videos.

That's because Powerpyx actually knows what he is doing.

But the problem is that people don't actually want to learn how to do something well, they just want to do something easy. I mean the RP guys have been ripping apart Let's Plays for a while but the community still sucks. I mean look at this one. It takes him 5 minutes to just start the game (because he has to find his Nunchuck and open the damn game)

Because everyone wants to get rich with utube.

This right here!! Nowadays, instead of a edited, complete walkthrough, its "How many views can I get without editing this video" The more views you get on Youtube, the more you get paid period. They don't have to have a quality video as long as its posted on there, and gathered a certain amount of views.

I hate it when this happens. you bought this underrated gem of a game and wanted to plat it or 100% it, you get stuck somewhere or couldn't unlock a certain trophy, so you start searching for guides and here lay the problem, no one in the world have made a guide, no text one nor a video ones.

and when you finally found one it'll ended up as a clickbait to get some subscribers and views whether as a let's play or a 100% blind run and the worst of them all never finish the guide or even the game. seriously guy's, if you can't make a proper video guide then don't clickbait it as a "Walk through" and if you insist on making a guide just make sure you play through the game enough time to know it inside out.

in my case these are the games that I got stuck on them with the same issues.

A Boy and his Blob - I followed a YouTube guide halfway until I learn that the person on the video couldn't save all of the trapped blobs, I ended up save all of them myself.

Retro City Rampage - this is about the older version of the game which it has a trophy involve collectables, well it had a trophy guide for some of the hardest trophies in the game, but no one ever done a guide for the collectables, which I ended up getting all of them myself and it was a real pain.

Monster World 4 - the very first guide I followed, the guy who's doing them did a d!€k move by stopping the walk through halfway and refuse to continue until he gets a high amount number of subscribers to his channel, to this day he never finish the guide, after a year have passed while I was trying to find the darn hidden message and collect all of the life drops I did a goggles search for a guide again and thankfully I found someone have post a full 100% guide for the game.

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

It wasn't until recently Blood Ties got a guide (not so much on here, but on .org) so it is no surprise that Nightmare Princess doesn't have a guide out yet. However, why don't you write the guide for Deception IV: Nightmare Princess? From my experience, the Deception games are simple trail and error, and difficulty scales on how familiar you are with map grids and so on. The trophies for Nightmare Princess look easier than the ones in Blood Ties.

• Like 1

I hate it when this happens. you bought this underrated gem of a game and wanted to plat it or 100% it, you get stuck somewhere or couldn't unlock a certain trophy, so you start searching for guides and here lay the problem, no one in the world have made a guide, no text one nor a video ones.

and when you finally found one it'll ended up as a clickbait to get some subscribers and views whether as a let's play or a 100% blind run and the worst of them all never finish the guide or even the game. seriously guy's, if you can't make a proper video guide then don't clickbait it as a "Walk through" and if you insist on making a guide just make sure you play through the game enough time to know it inside out.

in my case these are the games that I got stuck on them with the same issues.

A Boy and his Blob - I followed a YouTube guide halfway until I learn that the person on the video couldn't save all of the trapped blobs, I ended up save all of them myself.

Retro City Rampage - this is about the older version of the game which it has a trophy involve collectables, well it had a trophy guide for some of the hardest trophies in the game, but no one ever done a guide for the collectables, which I ended up getting all of them myself and it was a real pain.

Monster World 4 - the very first guide I followed, the guy who's doing them did a d!€k move by stopping the walk through halfway and refuse to continue until he gets a high amount number of subscribers to his channel, to this day he never finish the guide, after a year have passed while I was trying to find the darn hidden message and collect all of the life drops I did a goggles search for a guide again and thankfully I found someone have post a full 100% guide for the game.

I like to watch gameplay of games that I will never buy, can't buy or not really interested in playing myself. I only watch a few YouTubers, so it's really, really frustrating when they stop halfway through a 'walkthrough' series because they don't receive enough likes. Instead they move onto a new game. It's so frustrating because it's not that simple to find another YouTube channel you like.

I understand there's supply and demand and as a content creator, you want draw more people to your channel by playing newer games. I just wish there was more of a balance between playing games that are popular and finishing older games.

• Like 1

I like to watch gameplay of games that I will never buy, can't buy or not really interested in playing myself. I only watch a few YouTubers, so it's really, really frustrating when they stop halfway through a 'walkthrough' series because they don't receive enough likes. Instead they move onto a new game. It's so frustrating because it's not that simple to find another YouTube channel you like.

I understand there's supply and demand and as a content creator, you want draw more people to your channel by playing newer games. I just wish there was more of a balance between playing games that are popular and finishing older games.

agree, if I wanted to watch a gameplay for a game that i'm not interested on buying & play them i'll just go for a speed run videos ( if some one ever did one for the game ) to see the whole game in a quick way, and since i'm not that interested on them I don't really care if the person never finish the game or didn't upload the rest of the run, yes it sucks when that happens especially if you're having a blast watching the run or the commentary of the person on the video was hilarious and fun, but I can at least get over it.

but when I am in a real need to watch a walkthrough especially a 100% guide for the game i'm after, stuff like these click bait is not so funny and really not a great time for them to happen.

Nightmare Princess is an expanded version (with less trophies :awesome:) and both have trophies.

Thanks Satoshi, I'll get around to playing it properly eventually. I've played all the deception and kagero games so I'll be ok without a guide. Kagero 2/Trapt needs to be ps2 classic with trophies :D

not trying to be a dick or anything but why not make a guide yourself? if everyone asked "why are no guides for this or that game" all the time, then no one would ever make one. if i'm playing a game and i'm stuck like you are and there is are no guides then i'll start figuring it out myself and eventually help others out once i do. how do you think those who make the guide does it?

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/4/2016 at 3:09 PM, Lion of the Lolis said:

He did an awful job with showing the collectibles from Alien: Isolation. Sevastopol was so huge and all he did was show where the collectible was, not how to get there. Ended up downvoting the video and watching someone else, who did a complete collectible guide and included how to get from one collectible to another. A lot of other people who were on that complete video said the same thing

• Like 1

I gotta' write this here since some of you talk about shit YT "Walkthrough" videos. I highly suggest checking out some of the Something Awful forums' Let's Play channels. They have a nice rule of sorts to 100% a game they will LP and the videos are very streamlined to achieve 100% and with good commentary.

I used their vids to plat Deadly Premonition in example. Made it very painless to do and SGF's commentary was fun to listen while following the LP

I'll throw some links here

supergreatfriend

Chip Cheezum

Geop

• Like 1