Next game involving Amanda Ripley

USA_Super_Weapon

http://alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Universe_Timeline

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

If you want to be true to the current Canon ( Which is about to change) Amanda Ripley is only mentioned in death (Aliens 2).

If you want to avoid the plot holes in Isolation http://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/analyzing-five-of-alien-isolations-most-glaring-plot-holes/

I am a huge fan of all things Alien, but hell with all of this information, the ending of Isolation, I dont have any idea where they go. The "Canon" is in such a disarray because of the numerous hands that have been involved in the franchise the last 35+ years

If they didn't go with Amanda Ripley for a sequel, the scenario set up in Alien 3 would also make a great game that doesn't betray anything that Isolation set out to do.  Imagine being one of the prisoners or Ellen Ripley trying to find a way to kill the alien with no weapons with the tunnel system for the molten lead.  Obviously, it wasn't the warmest received Alien movie in the franchise but I can dream.

If they didn't go with Amanda Ripley for a sequel, the scenario set up in Alien 3 would also make a great game that doesn't betray anything that Isolation set out to do.  Imagine being one of the prisoners or Ellen Ripley trying to find a way to kill the alien with no weapons with the tunnel system for the molten lead.  Obviously, it wasn't the warmest received Alien movie in the franchise but I can dream.

Alien 3 wasn't my favorite (I mean, killing off Newt right away after all they went through to rescue her? C'mon man), but I think a scenario like it could make a pretty cool game. I can imagine a couple of interesting plots they could probably come up with if they went with the alien growing inside of you thing.

I personally think Alien 3 gets way more hate than it deserves. It was great with what it set out to do and the atmosphere was fantastic.

• Like 3

• 4 years later...

I don't know if Amanda Ripley will be in the next Aliens game but the trailer for the next game was recently released. The game is called  Aliens: Fireteam. It looks really really good. It can be seen at  aliensfireteam.com  . They use the term "fireteam" just like Predator Hunting Grounds also uses the term "fireteam". Anyways, This game is stated to be released in summer of this year 2021. It will be available for PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.

2 minutes ago, BEST_OF_ALL_TlME said:

I don't know if Amanda Ripley will be in the next Aliens game but the trailer for the next game was recently released. The game is called  Aliens: Fireteam. It looks really really good. It can be seen at  aliensfireteam.com  . They use the term "fireteam" just like Predator Hunting Grounds also uses the term "fireteam". Anyways, This game is stated to be released in summer of this year 2021. It will be available for PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.

Ooooo, thanks for sharing! I love the Alien movies and games, the next one looks really good. Its a coop multiplayer game. I just looked at a trailer and it looks like the gameplay is similar to World War Z.

• Like 1