Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
USA_Super_Weapon

Next game involving Amanda Ripley

6 posts in this topic

I'm still trying to get people's ideas for what's next for Amanda Ripley.

My idea was to have her visit LV-426 and go from there.

What's your next game idea?

http://alienanthology.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Universe_Timeline

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

If you want to be true to the current Canon ( Which is about to change) Amanda Ripley is only mentioned in death (Aliens 2).

If you want to avoid the plot holes in Isolation http://www.entertainmentbuddha.com/analyzing-five-of-alien-isolations-most-glaring-plot-holes/

I am a huge fan of all things Alien, but hell with all of this information, the ending of Isolation, I dont have any idea where they go. The "Canon" is in such a disarray because of the numerous hands that have been involved in the franchise the last 35+ years

If they didn't go with Amanda Ripley for a sequel, the scenario set up in Alien 3 would also make a great game that doesn't betray anything that Isolation set out to do.  Imagine being one of the prisoners or Ellen Ripley trying to find a way to kill the alien with no weapons with the tunnel system for the molten lead.  Obviously, it wasn't the warmest received Alien movie in the franchise but I can dream.

If they didn't go with Amanda Ripley for a sequel, the scenario set up in Alien 3 would also make a great game that doesn't betray anything that Isolation set out to do.  Imagine being one of the prisoners or Ellen Ripley trying to find a way to kill the alien with no weapons with the tunnel system for the molten lead.  Obviously, it wasn't the warmest received Alien movie in the franchise but I can dream.

Alien 3 wasn't my favorite (I mean, killing off Newt right away after all they went through to rescue her? C'mon man), but I think a scenario like it could make a pretty cool game. I can imagine a couple of interesting plots they could probably come up with if they went with the alien growing inside of you thing.

I personally think Alien 3 gets way more hate than it deserves. It was great with what it set out to do and the atmosphere was fantastic.

Alien 3 is a great movie... If you're talking about the Director's Cut, it actually makes the movie be a worty sequel, not as good but still good.