Hardest part of Brutal?

i got the plat for the original trilogy so i thought i try my luck at brutal.

i am using tweaks as its quicker. i am now up to chapter 9. so far the hardest part was the jeep but i developed a technique in keeping the target central and knowing where they'll be coming from, using grenades if you've been firing for awhile and it worked out fine. the blue room with water on the floor was easy.

but i am wondering if the worst is yet to come? the bit i am dreading is the boat ride requiring shooting using the gun as opposed to the grenade launcher.

the blue room with water on the floor was easy.

Are you serious? I got killed there several times even though I used the glitch to make the enemies spawn before falling down into the room.

The hardest part for me was the first bit of the Jeep chase till you reach the 1st checkpoint. Once I got past that I made it through the rest in a single try. (edit: I mean of course the rest of the Jeep chase and not the rest of the entire game lol)

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

Hardest part for me was (by far) the last chapter.The container explosion part was broken.I think i died like 100 times before i managed to take cover and finish the game

This!

Also died quite a few times on the abovementionend Jeep-chase.

I did that trick with the blue room where you hang inside and spawn the enemies and had no trouble there. If I did it regularly, I probably would have had.

I think some parts of the Remaster collection weren't properly tested on Brutal.

Had a similar situation in UC3 in the end of the Syrian part where you and your three companions have to make a run from one tower to another while being shot from 10 or 12 guys. This part was just pure luck based. I died about 80 times in total and like 20 times before I could even attempt my first jump and/or roll.

I glitched the water room so I could stay up top and I still found it relatively hard on Crushing  xD

Hardest part for me was guaranteed Chapter 11 in the library. That encounter was unfair in so many ways. 

There's the first part where you're one shot killed if you can't jump down and go into cover fast enough by the fat guy with a revolver.

Then there's trash cover with a dozen guys all at once some of whom are using the cover to the left of you which allows them to shoot you while you're at the original cover all while a maniac is behind the turret and shooting non-stop. Clearing the main floor was hard enough but then there's the turret guy who is so difficult to get close to. 

And just when you think you're close enough to grenade him with the one you've been holding off using so you can kill the turret guy, more enemies come out of nowhere from the back and kill you forcing you to restart. I've never encountered a battle more difficult in the Uncharted series, excluding the water room since I can't gauge how difficult it was glitching it and all. (On chapter 14 in U4 so it's possible but I hope not.) 

I glitched the water room so I could stay up top and I still found it relatively hard on Crushing  xD

Hardest part for me was guaranteed Chapter 11 in the library. That encounter was unfair in so many ways. 

There's the first part where you're one shot killed if you can't jump down and go into cover fast enough by the fat guy with a revolver.

Then there's trash cover with a dozen guys all at once some of whom are using the cover to the left of you which allows them to shoot you while you're at the original cover all while a maniac is behind the turret and shooting non-stop. Clearing the main floor was hard enough but then there's the turret guy who is so difficult to get close to. 

And just when you think you're close enough to grenade him with the one you've been holding off using so you can kill the turret guy, more enemies come out of nowhere from the back and kill you forcing you to restart. I've never encountered a battle more difficult in the Uncharted series, excluding the water room since I can't gauge how difficult it was glitching it and all. (On chapter 14 in U4 so it's possible but I hope not.) 

I found that part surprisingly "easy". I died about 10 times on crushing, before I found my spot. Just down the stairs and to the right. No one can come from any side or flank you and you can take your time to take out one after another.

I was amazed that I got it on my first try on brutal. Didn't expect that at all :)

• 3 months later...

Is it at all possible to actually purchase the Golden Guns using real life currency, even though the preorder bonus ended over a year ago?

I can't imagine doing this on Brutal if I ever decide to pick up the Nathan Drake Collection. Having to use the guns they give you while only getting three bullets per pick up is way too unfair. Might have to tweak and do other glitches if I ever hope to beat this game on Brutal.

• 3 weeks later...

2 hardest parts for me= Chapter 4 holyshit that was hard as f***! And at the end after you have to dodge the container you instantly die (Kind of broken.) Once you are lucky enough to get to cover quick then it's beatable but think I died like 70 times there. xD Glad I have the trophy tho!

On 29.12.2016 at 4:07 AM, Spaz said:

Is it at all possible to actually purchase the Golden Guns using real life currency, even though the preorder bonus ended over a year ago?

I can't imagine doing this on Brutal if I ever decide to pick up the Nathan Drake Collection. Having to use the guns they give you while only getting three bullets per pick up is way too unfair. Might have to tweak and do other glitches if I ever hope to beat this game on Brutal.

Make sure you pick up a different weapon from the same category before picking up the one you have atm and want to have again.

Let's say you have an SAS-12 with 3 shots left. If you pick up another SAS-12, you will get 1 ammo, 4 shots total.

So pick up a Dragon Sniper first, then pick up the new SAS-12 (8 ammo I guess), then pick up your old SAS-12 (11 ammo total).

You can do this trick with every single weapon and every single time, meaning that the game will remember with how much ammo you dropped a certain weapon.

So if you have 2 new SAS-12 (lying around or dropped by an enemy), pick up the Dragon sniper (or any other long weapon), then one of the new SAS-12, then the Dragon Sniper again, then the other new SAS-12. Then you'll be good to pick up the other 2 (the one you had from the beginning and the new one you dropped just before) and you're guaranteed to have 16 shots instead of the usual 5.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 4

I did the first one legit (didn't realise I could use a glitch) and it was soooo hard. There's a part in Drake's Deception though that's hard to the point of being unfair. After Cutter jumps from the roof in Syria to escape Marlowe and Talbot, you have to run from Marlowe's men after the cut scene ends. You don't have a weapon, so you literally have to run. I must have died over 100 times easily, because the game doesn't provide you with any cover. I just rolled whilst running as much as I could, and eventually I got lucky.

On 12/28/2016 at 10:07 PM, Spaz said:

I'd probably do the tweak glitch as well, considering I never got the golden guns even though I preordered it :/

• 4 weeks later...

I only found out recently that you could use tweaks - wish i had known.

My thoughts

• the blue room of death - personally i struggled with this on crushing so i knew this was going to be an issue
  • the area where you go down the stairs and there is a guy at the other end with a turret.  behind the stairs is a sniper rifle, take out the turret and then pray! (think its around the jet ski level)

The jeep part and the last chapter when the cargo drop on you because the both cases are pure luck if they hit you or not and you can't do anything to not die. In the jeep the can hit you much before they enter in your fire area and in the ship you stay paralyzed for a few seconds in the open fire before you can get cover