Anyway to recover deleted saves

AbleArcher97

I want to cry right about now.  First I had completed episode 3 when my save file got corrupted, forcing me to start over.  Now, after playing through the whole damn thing again and completing episode 4, I thought that it would be a good idea to backup my save, only I accidentally pressed the button to delete it instead.  So please, PLEASE tell me there's some way to recover deleted save files.  Some sort of recycling bin they go to where they can be restored.  Because this would be the third time, and I don't know if I have it in me to do it all over again.

But can't you just select chapter 5? I thought it could with Tales from the Borderlands

I don't think so. I know you can't with The Wolf Among Us.

Yeah, you are right, no chapter select if you haven't played the preceding chapters.

So please, PLEASE tell me there's some way to recover deleted save files...

Unless you cloud saves through Plus membership or saves backed up on some USB disk, impossible to recover deleted save files. I understand how it feels, though, had a similar experience with GTA:SA saves. It sucks

• Like 1

Yeah, you are right, no chapter select if you haven't played the preceding chapters.

It is possible. See this short clip I made. Deleted my save and started over and selected chapter 5

I see now this is in the PS3 section. Don't know if it is possible in that version

Edited by Mr_Marty84

I platinumed it a few weeks ago.

I tried it on another account which I never played borderlands on and I could still select chapter 5 to start with

I don't know how is that possible. Maybe, I am wrong then, I was sure this wasn't possible, lot of TTG titles don't let you do that

Technically the data remains on the drive until overwritten. Recovering it would require you removing the Hard Drive and recovering the data through a computer. Is it worth it though?

This is true, but i'm convinced that this will never work, since PS4 sile system is most likely not supported by any recovering tool

Unless somebody above has some sort of complicated method, I'm pretty sure this isn't possible. The game is super fun though so replaying it isn't bad at all. I've finished it a million times and loved it every time. Worst case scenario we can Share Play and I'll do it for you haha.