Who else is a huge fan of this game?

Remember that one game where you could free roam an entire continent, get harassed by bandits and go medieval on their asses? You'd pick up some random folks from villages, have them fight with you, and all level up skills and proficiencies together? It was pretty satisfying and rewarding fighting random wildlings in the countryside.

Eventually, you'd meet lords of castles and cities, perform favors for nobles to gain their favor, and maybe even champion the cause of a lord or swear fealty to one of the 6 kings (or plot with a lord to usurp one). Fighting in large scale battles and laying siege to forts and cities was truly an epic hallmark of the series. My personal favorite is capturing a lord in battle, putting him in one of your jails, and refusing to accept the ransom money his kingdom offers you for him.

I truly, truly hope they do right by this title and make this game just as desirable for the console as it was for the PC.

Share your favorite memories of the game, or Mount & Blade series itself.

Yeah, spent a lot of time playing both Warband and Fire & Sword on PC. I remember making an absolute ton of money just trading various goods and then pretty much 'buying' tons of mercenary units and stomping over almost everyone I came across. Tempted to boot it back up again on Steam  :D .

• Like 1

I've never played it, but I've seen a bunch of this game on Youtube, and I'm very curious about it coming to PS4. The aesthetic doesn't interest me too much, but the actual gameplay mechanics have me very interested! Political/social shenanigans in tandem with building an army of your own makings, unit by unit... I see myself having a lot of fun with this.

• Like 1