Sonic Mania Discussion & Gameplay, Release Date August 15th, 2017

Parker

• 1 month later...

What Sega and Sony need to do is release Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles on the PS4 with a TROPHY LIST. It pains me greatly to see Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 with trophy support but not Sonic 3.

Sonic was my childhood, maybe Sonic Mania will relive the good memories I had over 20 years ago.

Games in general, with the exception of a few indie titles, simply don't compare to the classics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

What Sega and Sony need to do is release Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles on the PS4 with a TROPHY LIST. It pains me greatly to see Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 with trophy support but not Sonic 3.

I have recently played through those two on the Xbone a couple months back. Actually, I might not have finished Knuckles in the end, I don't remember. I don't know. Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because those 2 not only have a chivo list each, but they both proudly play the same giant "Vintage Collection" crap up that is found in Sonic 1 and 2 on both PS3 and 360, which confuses me the most. Like, you've got this collection in mind and ready to go, why only put the first 2 out on one console and the rest on the other? I think I looked it up and it was meant to come to PS3 but never did, mind you the same was said of the Dreamcast Collection for 360 that also never came over to PS3. 

I'll be picking this up on Switch when it drops because I gots to have that portability, shame it wasn't on Vita too but understandable. What bums me though is it's 27 on Switch and 27 on Xbox, but 25 on PS4 and that's with 3 included themes and a bunch of avatars and shit. I wouldn't mind getting those themes and even the avatars, and two bucks is better in my pocket than some company's, but I gots to have my portability. Game looks dope though, I've been counting down the days for a bit now. Got this, a new Uncharted, Knack 2, and the new Mario coming up soon, my poor wallet :'(