Assigning controllers

Xugashi

Hey guys!

So I tried to do some trophy hunting alone on this new DLC pack and it says in the guide that you can just assign your controllers to play a public game. How do you assign controllers? Could someone explain a little deeper on this? When I create a casual match the option to join with a second controller doesn't appear even when it's on. The trophies I'm going for are ...has become the Master and Mine! Other things to note is that I have three PS3 controllers and one PS4 controller. I know I'm a noob, please don't bash on me! :P

Hey! I'm sorry I couldn't clarify it in the guide, I'll try and help you now. With how many controllers do you plan on boosting? If you have 4 it's easy, but if you have less (like me) it is "trickier".

EDIT: I didn't read the part where you say that you have 3 PS3 controllers, my bad :P

I don't know if the PS4 controller will work though, but if it does then you are good to go!

So, when you are in a lobby (before the game begins) if you press start you will get a message saying "press Start to assign controller" or something like that. If you press start again, then you'll have to choose another User you have on your PS3 and then you'll be able to play. Do this 2 more times with each controller, then go ahead and start the game. Hope this helps! If not, please message me in order to help you further. :)

Edited by re_panos
  • Like 1

Hey! I'm sorry I couldn't clarify it in the guide, I'll try and help you now. With how many controllers do you plan on boosting? If you have 4 it's easy, but if you have less (like me) it is "trickier".

EDIT: I didn't read the part where you say that you have 3 PS3 controllers, my bad :P

I don't know if the PS4 controller will work though, but if it does then you are good to go!

So, when you are in a lobby (before the game begins) if you press start you will get a message saying "press Start to assign controller" or something like that. If you press start again, then you'll have to choose another User you have on your PS3 and then you'll be able to play. Do this 2 more times with each controller, then go ahead and start the game. Hope this helps! If not, please message me in order to help you further. :)

I press start in the lobby but nothing happens, I can't even start an offline multiplayer game!:/

• 3 weeks later...

You may need 4 controllers before it will start the game.  Although I'm not sure if you can have just 3 controllers and an online friend for it to work too.

nope not true I boosted with only one controller for one of the dlc trophies

Just turn on your other controller as p2 and press start on that controller (the p2 one) then you should be able to choose a user.