Vita version

chickenbaltipie

Has anyone played this on vita, how does it run?

Its on sale this week - tempted to pick it up and think it would be the perfect game on the vita

thanks

I don't see a Vita version in the store, just the PS4 and PS3 version. Is there in fact a Vita version available?

Also, wasn't this one of the games people bitched would never, ever get released because it had several delays? Yet it's in the store!

I don't see a Vita version in the store, just the PS4 and PS3 version. Is there in fact a Vita version available?

Also, wasn't this one of the games people bitched would never, ever get released because it had several delays? Yet it's in the store!

Yeah and it was finally released and was a broken low budget mess

Yeah and it was finally released and was a broken low budget mess

oh no - that's not what i wanted to hear - you just saved me £9 - thanks!

its in the store - weirdly it isn't listed as a separate vita game but if you read the text on the game description (for the PS4) it mentions it is cross buy with vita and ps3

Edited by chickenbaltipie

oh no - that's not what i wanted to hear - you just saved me £9 - thanks!

its in the store - weirdly it isn't listed as a separate vita game but if you read the text on the game description (for the PS4) it mentions it is cross buy with vita and ps3

From the PS4 version:

Purchasing this content entitles you to both the PS3™ system and PS4™ system versions!

From the PS3 version:

No mention of Cross Buy at all with PS3 listing.

Maybe it's different in the UK store, where I presume you're reading?

Also found this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/02/mighty-no-9-release-date-confirmed

While Mighty No. 9 will hit consoles on June 21 and June 24, portable versions for PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS will "follow at a later point."

Can't find any mention on the internet that an actual Vita version is available yet.

From the PS4 version:

From the PS3 version:

No mention of Cross Buy at all with PS3 listing.

Maybe it's different in the UK store, where I presume you're reading?

Also found this: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/02/mighty-no-9-release-date-confirmed

Can't find any mention on the internet that an actual Vita version is available yet.

this is taken from the description on the PSN store (UK) - not sure how to screenshot sorry)

You play as Beck, the 9th in a line of powerful robots, and the only one immune to a mysterious virus that has caused mechanized creatures the world over to go berserk. Run, jump, blast, and transform your way through 12 challenging stages using abilities stolen from your enemies to take down your fellow Mighty Number robots and confront the final evil that threatens the planet!

Features:

Classic 2D Action Transformed: Face off against your 8 Mighty brethren & unlock transformations as you defeat them, granting unique skills!

2-Player Mechanical Mayhem: Take on missions online with a friend as Beck and his partner, Call Use their unique powers to overcome obstacles as a team, or go head-to-head in an Online Race Battle!

Extra Modes: Boss-rush Mode! Dozens of mini-missions & challenges! Toggleable 8-bit soundtrack! 2 unlockable extra difficulty modes!

This Cross-Buy product entitles you to download PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®Vita versions.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/mighty-no-9/cid=EP4062-CUSA02243_00-MIGHTY9CROSSPLAY

hopefully this link works to show you

if the vita version isnt out then the PSN store is kinda misleading!

• 6 months later...

Ok, so I just saw this game on sale on Sony's three platforms including the vita. It's also available on the vita ps store by direct search. Before picking it up, has anyone tried it before? Did they patch the errors and how does it run in general?

Edited by Reala_kira

3 minutes ago, Reala_kira said:

Ok, so I just saw this game on sale on Sony's three platforms including the vita. It's also available on the vita ps store by direct search. Before picking it up, has anyone tried it before? Did they patch the errors and how does it run in general?

Is the game really available on the Vita-store? Since the launch of the console version back in June 2016 the developers didn't give any ETA on the handheld-versions and they went radio silent since September so I don't think that you will be able to play it on Vita.

4 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Is the game really available on the Vita-store? Since the launch of the console version back in June 2016 the developers didn't give any ETA on the handheld-versions and they went radio silent since September so I don't think that you will be able to play it on Vita.

Well, it is - or surprisingly it just got released with no announcement. Try searching it in the vita store and you'll find it. It is available at least here in EU/PAL.

2 hours ago, Reala_kira said:

Well, it is - or surprisingly it just got released with no announcement. Try searching it in the vita store and you'll find it. It is available at least here in EU/PAL.

I just searched the store and found it. According to the description it's only the PS3 & PS4-version though and only listed because it will be Cross-Buy with the still to be released Vita-version. You may ask why I think so but the reason is simple:
Just check the whole text after the game-description. Normally it states the Vita-specific features and requirements (e.g. touchscreen-support, how much space it requires etc.) but for MN9 it only lists the PS3 and PS4-requirements. 

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

I just searched the store and found it. According to the description it's only the PS3 & PS4-version though and only listed because it will be Cross-Buy with the still to be released Vita-version. You may ask why I think so but the reason is simple:
Just check the whole text after the game-description. Normally it states the Vita-specific features and requirements (e.g. touchscreen-support, how much space it requires etc.) but for MN9 it only lists the PS3 and PS4-requirements. 

Thanks for checking it. But if it's available on the vita store, shouldn't it mean you can download it and play it on your vita? 

10 hours ago, Reala_kira said:

Thanks for checking it. But if it's available on the vita store, shouldn't it mean you can download it and play it on your vita? 

Sure it should be downloadable but it wouldn't surprise me if it's not. Sony also sold other items via the Vita-store that weren't downloadable, e.g. some themes.

Hells yes, can't wait to download this. Never bothered to give it a full go on PS3 because I couldn't be assed leaving the thing plugged in, and I always only wanted it on Vita anyways. Great news.

If you're wondering why I didn't just play on PS4 / remote play, a friend bought the PS4 disc and had no use for the code for PS3 and Vita, so they gave it to me.

I can't answer the OP's original question about how it runs. But I've known for a while there are some weird things going on in the Vita store.

I don't see Mighty No. 9 in the easter sale. But when I search for it manually I can find it. This is not the first time this happened during a sale on the Vita.

With Hardboiled Chicken 2 it's the other way around.  When you look for it, it won't show up. But you can see it in the sale folder.

And then there's the whole Furmins fiasco, lol.

The code I was given entitles me to a PS3 and a Vita copy of the game. Also the Ray expansion, but whatever. The PS3 version worked fine from day dot, but there was no Vita version (obviously) but I did get a "Vita token" for it in my product list at the time.

Anyway, I spent like 10 minutes on the phone with a Sony guy and they saw that I put in the code and everything was fine, but that I couldn't download the game. They couldn't find the problem.

After a bit more Googling, I'm willing to bet the problem is the game not *really* being available. Supposedly no one out there can get the game to download. I saw it for sale on the Vita store, (since the code gave me just 2 versions and not the full cross buy version so I don't "own" the game) and that's a start I guess, maybe it will be up soon?

Has anyone here actually got it to download or?

2 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

The code I was given entitles me to a PS3 and a Vita copy of the game. Also the Ray expansion, but whatever. The PS3 version worked fine from day dot, but there was no Vita version (obviously) but I did get a "Vita token" for it in my product list at the time.

Anyway, I spent like 10 minutes on the phone with a Sony guy and they saw that I put in the code and everything was fine, but that I couldn't download the game. They couldn't find the problem.

After a bit more Googling, I'm willing to bet the problem is the game not *really* being available. Supposedly no one out there can get the game to download. I saw it for sale on the Vita store, (since the code gave me just 2 versions and not the full cross buy version so I don't "own" the game) and that's a start I guess, maybe it will be up soon?

Has anyone here actually got it to download or?

I downloaded my, i "purchased" for £0 on the website (i was at work at the time) then it showed up in my download list on the vita

2 hours ago, chickenbaltipie said:

I downloaded my, i "purchased" for £0 on the website (i was at work at the time) then it showed up in my download list on the vita

God damn it. I know it's selfish and pathetic, but I was hoping everyone else was having trouble too.

Legit though, thanks for that information, I guess I'll have to follow it up with Sony some time soon. Cheers!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, T87 said:

Care to elaborate?

Anyway i wouldn't be surprised if the Vita port gets silently canned. It happens with "minor" versions.

Maybe it's only on the EU Store. But the base game is free. The Bonus World is free. But the base game + Bonus World is €6.99.

1 hour ago, HellcoreFire said:

Maybe it's only on the EU Store. But the base game is free. The Bonus World is free. But the base game + Bonus World is €6.99.

Wait, what? I thought it's just a demo!

EDIT: aaaaand it is, as i got no trophy list from it, like most (if not all) demos.

Edited by T87