Boss help

MosesRockefeller

Good news! A winner is me. After getting back to the final floor of Mitsuo's dungeon, I used a Goto M and talked to the Fox to get my HP/SP restored. Then I saved and went back in to the Mitsuo fight, using Chie, Yukiko, and Kanji. This time I beat him on the first try. It was weird, it was almost like I was playing on Super Easy Mode, because he seemed to be holding back. I think he only put up one wall. I also think having Black Frost upgraded so much (I took every stat increase card whenever I got Card Shuffles and I also got a card that upgraded my medium heat attack to a heavy heat attack) made a big difference. Yukiko leveled up enough for me to replace her light party heal with a medium party heal, so that was a big help as well. For the last few rounds, I stopped buffing with my main character because the heat attack was already doing several hundred points of damage. He kept using fear attacks but my main character never got affected, thankfully. Generally I was able to remove fear with Yukiko but one time I had to use an item with somebody else because she was affected as well. 

Anyway, thank you very much for the all the tips, what worked in the end was Black Frost combined with some level grinding, and a LOT of persistence. I forget everyone's exact levels, but I know Kanji was level 40 and I was level 42 or 43. Black Frost was leveled up enough that he stopped showing the next available skill. I think he was in the upper 40's. 

Congrats! Now you should be so overleveled the rest will be piece a cake =D

On a side note, can any of your Persona series fans make recommendations on playing the earlier entries in the series? I have all of the North American versions of the whole series, unless I'm missing something I'm not aware of. I have the PSP versions of Persona 1, 2, and 3 on my Vita, and I also have the PS1 version of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (since the PSP version was not localized).

Play all is what I would say xD

Many others would say... screw all because they are not P4 xD

So... if you have time, play all, if you want the necessary minimum, play P3.

Is it better to play P3 before Arena and Ultimax for the story? 

More than definitely.

. Oh, I also grabbed the FES version of Persona 3 for my PS3 at some point. I've heard some people prefer the FES version but I would rather play on my Vita. Is it possible to finish the story in P3 PSP and then go straight to the Epilogue in P3 FES and get the best of both worlds?

Yes, definitely. That's what I did as well.

I'm not sure why people prefer The Journey (Minato's story) on FES... sure, you have actual character models to look at and walk instead of like on P3P just choose location through choice.

But that's pretty much all. FES does not have all characters control like P3P so you can get screwed up badly if your AI characters suddenly decide to pull stupid move. (Believe me, you will enjoy this in The Answer more than enough)

So... definitely, you should play P3P for The Journey.

I also have all the spin off games but I'm terrible at fighting games. Is it possible to make it through the story parts of P4 Arena and P4 Arena Ultimax if you are suck at fighting games? 

Yep. No problems. On easiest difficulty, simple :square: mashing is sufficient.

In Ultimax, you can even add holding :square: to pull off cool moves to defeat your opponents even quicker.

Congrats! Now you should be so overleveled the rest will be piece a cake =D

Nice, that has served me well in other JRPGs, so I'm happy to use the same technique here. :) 

Play all is what I would say xD

Many others would say... screw all because they are not P4 xD

So... if you have time, play all, if you want the necessary minimum, play P3.

Well, life is short and all that, but I did buy them after all (on sale, but still I bought them). I'll probably do P3 next and then go back to the earlier games (although P5 will be out before too long).

Yes, definitely. That's what I did as well.

I'm not sure why people prefer The Journey (Minato's story) on FES... sure, you have actual character models to look at and walk instead of like on P3P just choose location through choice.

But that's pretty much all. FES does not have all characters control like P3P so you can get screwed up badly if your AI characters suddenly decide to pull stupid move. (Believe me, you will enjoy this in The Answer more than enough)

So... definitely, you should play P3P for The Journey.

That's good to hear. Walking around is overrated anyway, I do enough of that on my daily commute to and from work. :)

Yep. No problems. On easiest difficulty, simple :square: mashing is sufficient.

In Ultimax, you can even add holding :square: to pull off cool moves to defeat your opponents even quicker.

That's good news as well. I didn't want to spend time learning to be mediocre (instead of horrible) at fighting games when I dislike the genre and only want to play those games for the story and characters. Same with Dancing All Night... although I dislike dancing games less than I do fighting games, I'm almost as bad at them.

It sounds like the best play order for me (since I'm already halfway through P4G) is:

1. P4G

2. P3P

3. P3FES: Epilogue (The Answer)

4. P4 Arena

5. P4 Arena Ultimax

6. Persona Q

7. P4 Dancing All Night

I'll probably throw in P5 in there once that comes out, depending on where I am in the series by then.

If I want to dig deeper at that point, I will then do P1P, P2P, and P2: Eternal Punishment. I actually started P1P a while back but didn't get too far before I decided to try to finish up P4G first.

I just remembered I actually bought a few of the non-Persona SMT games as well. I have 5 of the PS2 Classics on PS3, which I believe is all of them localized in NA for PS2. I'm not sure how different those are though... or if I'll ever have time to get to them.

Edited by MosesRockefeller

It sounds like the best play order for me (since I'm already halfway through P4G) is:

1. P4G

2. P3P

3. P3FES: Epilogue (The Answer)

4. P4 Arena

5. P4 Arena Ultimax

6. Persona Q

7. P4 Dancing All Night

Yup, pretty much.

Even though PQ is pretty pointless. It's not even canon and in Persona, everything is canon.

I just remembered I actually bought a few of the non-Persona SMT games as well. I have 5 of the PS2 Classics on PS3, which I believe is all of them localized in NA for PS2. I'm not sure how different those are though... or if I'll ever have time to get to them.

Um... they are not 'non-Persona SMT games' they ARE SMT games =D

And obviously, they are not related to Persona storyline anyhow.

We still hope they would get PS4 remake treatment :/ I want Nocturne Plat...

Yup, pretty much.

Even though PQ is pretty pointless. It's not even canon and in Persona, everything is canon.

Hmm, if it's not that fun that's one more reason not to play my 3DS (don't get me wrong, it has some great games, but I much prefer my Vita). I don't really enjoy dungeon crawlers anyway. I guess I'll start it and see how much I enjoy it. I won't force myself to finish it if it's not fun.  

Um... they are not 'non-Persona SMT games' they ARE SMT games =D

And obviously, they are not related to Persona storyline anyhow.

We still hope they would get PS4 remake treatment :/ I want Nocturne Plat...

What I meant by that was that I bought some of the SMT games that are not Persona games. Is that better? I can't say they are from the main series either, since 4 out of the 5 games (all except Nocturne) are SMT spin-offs (like Persona).

I mentioned them because I think I would enjoy playing them too, if they are similar enough to the Persona games in gameplay.

Hmm, if it's not that fun that's one more reason not to play my 3DS (don't get me wrong, it has some great games, but I much prefer my Vita). I don't really enjoy dungeon crawlers anyway. I guess I'll start it and see how much I enjoy it. I won't force myself to finish it if it's not fun.  

If you, however, want to put your 3DS in a good use, get Devil Survivors.

What I meant by that was that I bought some of the SMT games that are not Persona games. Is that better? I can't say they are from the main series either, since 4 out of the 5 games (all except Nocturne) are SMT spin-offs (like Persona).

Yea, but they are more SMT than Persona since Persona is pretty much standalone now =)

I mentioned them because I think I would enjoy playing them too, if they are similar enough to the Persona games in gameplay.

Yea, they are similar enough for you to like them :) Definitely give them a shot.

That's good news as well. I didn't want to spend time learning to be mediocre (instead of horrible) at fighting games when I dislike the genre and only want to play those games for the story and characters. Same with Dancing All Night... although I dislike dancing games less than I do fighting games, I'm almost as bad at them.

I've never played a rhythm game before, but didn't find Persona 4 Dancing All Night to be hard. Later in the game it's also possible to get items that make it impossible to miss and another one that lets you hit any note by spamming a singe button, this makes it very easy to earn money on the highest difficulty.

Same with Dancing All Night... although I dislike dancing games less than I do fighting games, I'm almost as bad at them.

I've never played a rhythm game before, but didn't find Persona 4 Dancing All Night to be hard. Later in the game it's also possible to get items that make it impossible to miss and another one that lets you hit any note by spamming a singe button, this makes it very easy to earn money on the highest difficulty.

Same, DAN was the first rythm game I've ever played and I had no problem with the difficulty whatsoever. I was even able to beat two songs on All Night difficulty (the hardest difficulty). I think DAN might even be the best rythm game to start with for people who'd want to get into the genre :).

Edited by LucasV9991

Same, DAN was the first rythm game I've ever played and I had no problem with the difficulty whatsoever. I was even able to beat two songs on All Night difficulty (the hardest difficulty). I think DAN might even be the best rythm game to start with for people who'd want to get into the genre :).

I agree :highfive:. I cleared one song on All Night, then read about the (ch)easy way to do it, so used that button mashing setup 4 times to get enough money to buy the remaining items in the store.

I think DAN might even be the best rythm game to start with for people who'd want to get into the genre :).

Um... I wouldn't say so.

Starting with the easiest one and the one that has such so specific way control setup could make it actually harder to get to other rhythm games.

I still think one should start with Miku if they plan to get into the genre.

Both DAN and Love Lives are too specific =D