PS4 Pro HDD

HoddzDJ

Hey guys. I am very excited about the PS4 Pro. However, I have a very quick question that someone here may already know the answer to.

I currently have a launch day PS4. Installed inside is a 2TB HDD that I plan to use in the PS4 Pro. However, will it just be a case of swapping it straight in and all the data and firmware can stay, or does the PS4 Pro have slightly different firmware than the current PS4?

Also, does anyone know if the buttons on the PS4 Pro are touch or physical buttons? I rarely use them, but I prefer the touch ones on the original PS4 over the physical buttons on the later released consoles.

Thanks for any help!

Hey guys. I am very excited about the PS4 Pro. However, I have a very quick question that someone here may already know the answer to.

I currently have a launch day PS4. Installed inside is a 2TB HDD that I plan to use in the PS4 Pro. However, will it just be a case of swapping it straight in and all the data and firmware can stay, or does the PS4 Pro have slightly different firmware than the current PS4?

Also, does anyone know if the buttons on the PS4 Pro are touch or physical buttons? I rarely use them, but I prefer the touch ones on the original PS4 over the physical buttons on the later released consoles.

Thanks for any help!

Unfortunately its unlikely to be just swapping it in. It will most likely need a fresh install which will mean the drive will be wiped and you'll have to install the latest firmware from a usb. You can make a copy of the drive though I think and just restore it from that so you don't have to redownload everything again Edited by Cleggworth

Thanks for any help!

Pretty sure the buttons are physical like the Slim.