Fishing

Is there a trick to the fishing in this game because to me it seems very luck based. I dont know how many fish there are in the game to catch but the electric one that damages you while your trying to catch it is utter bullshit. Any tips would be great, plus were is the hidden treasure?

• 2 weeks later...

• Arkadian Pike (Island of Whispers, Rare)

Blue Fin (All, Common)

Botfish (Arkadian Ruins, Uncommon) [shocks You]

Fireback (The Reef, Common)

Ghost Fish (Graveyard Island, Uncommon) [inverts Controls]

Goliath (Riptide Reef, Rare)

Sol Fish (All, Common)

Edited by jkdeadite
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

• Arkadian Pike (Island of Whispers, Rare)
  • Blue Fin (All, Common)
  • Botfish (Arkadian Ruins, Uncommon) [shocks You]
  • Fireback (The Reef, Common)
  • Ghost Fish (Graveyard Island, Uncommon) [inverts Controls]
  • Goliath (Riptide Reef, Rare)
  • Sol Fish (All, Common)

Thanks for the list. For a trophy that didn't even take that much time, it was very frustrating for some reason. Fishing is a bit too dependent on RNG, which will kill you a couple times while catching the botfish. If you arrive at Arcadia Ruins with full health, just try fishing right at the start of the level. If... When you die, just quit to the title screen and reload and you'll have full health again.

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2016 at 3:51 AM, Such-A-Goonie said:

Thanks for the list. For a trophy that didn't even take that much time, it was very frustrating for some reason. Fishing is a bit too dependent on RNG, which will kill you a couple times while catching the botfish. If you arrive at Arcadia Ruins with full health, just try fishing right at the start of the level. If... When you die, just quit to the title screen and reload and you'll have full health again.

I agree with this tip.  This nice thing about the Botfish is that it is basically the only fish you will catch at Arcadian Ruins.  It took me about 5 times to get it and I had 9 hearts and was left with a half a heart when I caught it.  Very frustrating but totally worth it to get the platinum trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 10/09/2016 at 9:23 AM, BEANO_BRFC said:

Is there a trick to the fishing in this game because to me it seems very luck based. I dont know how many fish there are in the game to catch but the electric one that damages you while your trying to catch it is utter bullshit. Any tips would be great, plus were is the hidden treasure?

use both L3 and R3 at the same time and direction, it will low the strenght of the fish by two.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...