Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BEANO_BRFC

Fishing

15 posts in this topic

Is there a trick to the fishing in this game because to me it seems very luck based. I dont know how many fish there are in the game to catch but the electric one that damages you while your trying to catch it is utter bullshit. Any tips would be great, plus were is the hidden treasure?

• Arkadian Pike (Island of Whispers, Rare)

Blue Fin (All, Common)

Botfish (Arkadian Ruins, Uncommon) [shocks You]

Fireback (The Reef, Common)

Ghost Fish (Graveyard Island, Uncommon) [inverts Controls]

Goliath (Riptide Reef, Rare)

Sol Fish (All, Common)

Edited by jkdeadite

Any tips for catching Botfish?

The only real tips are to 1) keep the fish from moving to the best of your ability, and 2) upgrade your health as much as possible. I had one fewer than the maximum number of heart containers, and I caught the Botfish with half a heart left.

• Arkadian Pike (Island of Whispers, Rare)
  • Blue Fin (All, Common)
  • Botfish (Arkadian Ruins, Uncommon) [shocks You]
  • Fireback (The Reef, Common)
  • Ghost Fish (Graveyard Island, Uncommon) [inverts Controls]
  • Goliath (Riptide Reef, Rare)
  • Sol Fish (All, Common)

Thanks for the list. For a trophy that didn't even take that much time, it was very frustrating for some reason. Fishing is a bit too dependent on RNG, which will kill you a couple times while catching the botfish. If you arrive at Arcadia Ruins with full health, just try fishing right at the start of the level. If... When you die, just quit to the title screen and reload and you'll have full health again.

On 11/11/2016 at 3:51 AM, Such-A-Goonie said:

Thanks for the list. For a trophy that didn't even take that much time, it was very frustrating for some reason. Fishing is a bit too dependent on RNG, which will kill you a couple times while catching the botfish. If you arrive at Arcadia Ruins with full health, just try fishing right at the start of the level. If... When you die, just quit to the title screen and reload and you'll have full health again.

I agree with this tip.  This nice thing about the Botfish is that it is basically the only fish you will catch at Arcadian Ruins.  It took me about 5 times to get it and I had 9 hearts and was left with a half a heart when I caught it.  Very frustrating but totally worth it to get the platinum trophy.

Guys, I can not get it. Tips, any tips! This boltfish is impossible!! Please!!

Edited by cadu_carlin

Anyone looking for a fun and easy plat should stay away from this game. The frustration from the botfish is not worth it. Finally got it after trying for about 4 hours and it's utter bullshit. I'd take grindy or genuinely skill based trophies over this any day.

With a 40% platinum rate, I have to disagree that this isn't an easy plat... try stardew valley for fish then complain. 

Yep, 4 attempts with 9 hearts. If you don't get 50% of the fishes strength gone by the time you're half dead, abandon. Use cure or reload and try again. I caught with 1.5 hearts left. 

Got all fishes, but the stupid game crashed.. No trophy.

On 10/09/2016 at 9:23 AM, BEANO_BRFC said:

Is there a trick to the fishing in this game because to me it seems very luck based. I dont know how many fish there are in the game to catch but the electric one that damages you while your trying to catch it is utter bullshit. Any tips would be great, plus were is the hidden treasure?

use both L3 and R3 at the same time and direction, it will low the strenght of the fish by two.

If you guys are still having trouble catching the notorious Botfish, this video will show you the easiest place to catch it. I got it first try.

P.S. Sorry for resurrecting an old thread.

The fishing minigame is absolutely awful.  It is the worst designed fishing minigame I ever played.