Badland GOTY Edition

er_campanario

I don't know much about it either, but looking at the percentages I have to assume there's something really wrong... There's a trophy that has a .05 while the plat has .07.... How do more people have the platinum then that trophy?

Which trophy is that? I just glanced at it but i thought all the grindy trophies were at 0.07%

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to point out a more specific trophy dificulity... Is it like 10/10... Like Twisted Metal or even Cloud Berry Kingdom? Or is it more like a nomally *hard* game which is just a bit overrated? I'm curious... I might been stupid to installed this. It was free! And I forgot to lookup difficulty... But my *stats* are more or less messed up anyway since long time.

I'm trying to point out a more specific trophy dificulity... Is it like 10/10... Like Twisted Metal or even Cloud Berry Kingdom? Or is it more like a nomally *hard* game which is just a bit overrated? I'm curious... I might been stupid to installed this. It was free! And I forgot to lookup difficulty... But my *stats* are more or less messed up anyway since long time.

No one ever achieved this game so it's most likely harder

No one ever achieved this game so it's most likely harder

There are a lot of games with very rare trophies that is only rare but is not really that hard. So... the trophy rarity does NOT imply that a game is hard. This is a really common misunderstanding among trophy hunters... and just to add... there are only 8000 trophy hunters (at PSN profiles) that owns the game... That's not really many compares to popular titles. And the stats here are only compared to people here at PSNP, not everybody at the whole Playstation Network... So you never know if there are actually any legit platinum achivers or how many.

My question IS if the platinum is an *extremly* hard game? Would you rate it 10/10 like it would be rated in a well-written trophy guide? Are there any trophies that are a big pain in the ass? No offence... but if you telling from your own experience... while struggling for hours and hours to get a trophy? Then I might believe you. But if you only been trying the game a few times and then guessing "it's harder because it's rare". Then I might think you are talking BS.

Edited by A-Rebirth
  • Like 1

There are a lot of games with very rare trophies that is only rare but is not really that hard. So... the trophy rarity does NOT imply that a game is hard. This is a really common misunderstanding among trophy hunters... and just to add... there are only 8000 trophy hunters (at PSN profiles) that owns the game... That's not really many compares to popular titles. And the stats here are only compared to people here at PSNP, not everybody at the whole Playstation Network... So you never know if there are actually any legit platinum achivers or how many.

My question IS if the platinum is an *extremly* hard game? Would you rate it 10/10 like it would be rated in a well-written trophy guide? Are there any trophies that are a big pain in the ass? No offence... but if you telling from your own experience... while struggling for hours and hours to get a trophy? Then I might believe you. But if you only been trying the game a few times and then guessing "it's harder because it's rare". Then I might think you are talking BS.

I know rarity doesn't define difficulty of a trophy. My rarest trophy is 0.05% but only require 45 hours and literally no effort in terms of difficulty.

I never tried it. I just know the game has been released over a year ago and it has 0 platinum achievers and the average completion is 2.82%. This make me believe it's super hard or the biggest grind ever. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just a average platinum but the 0 platinum achievers? 

• 3 months later...
On 9/23/2016 at 5:52 PM, Winston said:

I know rarity doesn't define difficulty of a trophy. My rarest trophy is 0.05% but only require 45 hours and literally no effort in terms of difficulty.

I never tried it. I just know the game has been released over a year ago and it has 0 platinum achievers and the average completion is 2.82%. This make me believe it's super hard or the biggest grind ever. Maybe I'm wrong and it's just a average platinum but the 0 platinum achievers? 

I'm playing this game for month now and im at 81% now. Only few missions in SP and the Coop ones (2000 clones / all missions) left for the plat. Its very likely i will achieve the SP 300 missions trophy very soon (maybe 2-3 weeks). Im playing this game on my VITA. Everywhere. 

To clarify, like Winston said, its super hard game. Hard to describe whats going on, if you've never played it. Basically you have 100 levels (80 for basic game + 20 DLC which is included in the GOTY). Each level has 3 missions (100x3=300 missions). Most of them are achieved by saving x amout of clones (which is very hard on some stages or not to die in the level). Not dying is very difficult, some stages took me 100+ retries). 

Another thing are the level-specific bronze trophies. Again, the rarity / percentage is not lying. Those bronze trophies are one of the hardest trophies i've ever got. Especially Twins, Double Trouble (good lord...) and God Status. You have to have a lot of patience, you need luck and most important skill.

The only thing that might be a problem for me (as well as for the other 3-4 players who got so far) is the local coop mode. You have yet again to save 2000 clones in total + all 300 missions in coop. Speaking of cloning, better clone yourself to take on this challenge.

Even with my girlfriend who is skilled and a other friend of mine, its impossible to complete all coop missions. I even did some of the levels by my own with 2 controllers (2 hands madness).

So if you read everything i wrote, do you thing its an easy platinum, wrong statistics or anything like this? No ;) But to be honest, i think Cloudberry kingdom might be slightly harder (even more people got 100% than in Badland).

Edited by dwproject
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 27/12/2016 at 1:43 AM, dwproject said:

Even with my girlfriend who is skilled and a other friend of mine, its impossible to complete all coop missions. I even did some of the levels by my own with 2 controllers (2 hands madness).

So if you read everything i wrote, do you thing its an easy platinum, wrong statistics or anything like this? No ;) But to be honest, i think Cloudberry kingdom might be slightly harder (even more people got 100% than in Badland).

I am a bit confused about this. How can it be impossible and easier than Cloudberry Kingdom at the same time? I know someone who is willing to help me get the plat if we enjoy the game.

3 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

I am a bit confused about this. How can it be impossible and easier than Cloudberry Kingdom at the same time? I know someone who is willing to help me get the plat if we enjoy the game.

Haha good question ;) Okay, technically its not impossible, both games are possible to complete. I personally find Cloudberry Kingdom to be super hard while not enjoyable, the complete opposite of Badlands, but at least you can finish Cloudberry Kingdom alone (without finding a machine to clone yourself :D )

Its hard to compare, simply because of the coop mode. But talking for single player only i think Badlands is much easier (there are hard levels yes, but not like stages 300+ in CK). Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 2016-12-26 at 7:43 PM, dwproject said:

I'm playing this game for month now and im at 81% now. Only few missions in SP and the Coop ones (2000 clones / all missions) left for the plat. Its very likely i will achieve the SP 300 missions trophy very soon (maybe 2-3 weeks). Im playing this game on my VITA. Everywhere. 

To clarify, like Winston said, its super hard game. Hard to describe whats going on, if you've never played it. Basically you have 100 levels (80 for basic game + 20 DLC which is included in the GOTY). Each level has 3 missions (100x3=300 missions). Most of them are achieved by saving x amout of clones (which is very hard on some stages or not to die in the level). Not dying is very difficult, some stages took me 100+ retries). 

Another thing are the level-specific bronze trophies. Again, the rarity / percentage is not lying. Those bronze trophies are one of the hardest trophies i've ever got. Especially Twins, Double Trouble (good lord...) and God Status. You have to have a lot of patience, you need luck and most important skill.

The only thing that might be a problem for me (as well as for the other 3-4 players who got so far) is the local coop mode. You have yet again to save 2000 clones in total + all 300 missions in coop. Speaking of cloning, better clone yourself to take on this challenge.

Having just completed God Status, Twins, and Double Trouble, I can safely, securely say, without hesitation or debate, that they are the hardest gaming achievements I have ever completed.