BioShock: The Collection trophy thoughts

ddracarys

I'm not sure how to feel about MP trophies being removed from Bioshock 2. I don't like MP trophies in general and I boost them whenever I can, but with Bioshock 2 I got them pretty much through legit gameplay (I did a little bit of turret hacking), so I'm quite proud of that. But I guess I'll always have the original to remember it by.

Speaking of original, I have all Bioshock games on PS3 with the DLCs I want (Infinite I haven't played yet), so I won't be buying this collection.

trophies are same for all 3 games apart from no mp for 2 and just a couple in 2 have got different trophy values 

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5286-BioShock-2/11-Bought-a-Slotis now Gold

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5286-BioShock-2/36-Nose-for-Newsis now Silver

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5286-BioShock-2/38-Sinclairs-Solutionis now silver

I agree, too bad I took the long trek getting the MP for Bioshock 2, but I am salty Bioshock 1 isn't with the other two right now, considering they've showed plenty of video comparing the graphics .

Here's the list for bio

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5289-BioShock

Just took them a bit to update it with the other two.

I guess I got lucky with Bioshock 2's MP. I played during a time when it was still really populated, and diverse. There were still a mix of pros and n00bs. Made the MP very fun. I didn't even have to boost any of the obscure modes. However, I did have to boost the DLC maps since nobody ever had those. Was fast at least.

Mm. I have BioShock the ultimate rapture edition on ps3 and BioShock infinite so I won't be buying this again, let alone any remaster on ps4 regardless of how good it is. I mean it is essentially the same game but with extra trophies. I really don't understand those who buy a game twice if it's just remastered but then again I guess if you're having fun, I'm in no position to judge.

Have fun everyone but I really hope this remaster thing stops with ps4 because it appears to me that there are more remasters on ps4 than actual new games( I may be exaggerating but you get the idea) and it bothers me considering the time and money spent remastering couldve been shifted towards making a new game.

Erm remasters are made for people who haven't played those games and maybe don't have the money to buy a PS3 to play them, since buying a remaster on PS4 is more cheaper for them. They aren't made for people who've already played them, but there are many people who buys them again just because they enjoyed the original versions and might want to unlock its platinum again or just want to experience the game with updated graphics and similar stuff.

If they enjoy it, then it was money well spent for them.

And what you said about "the time and money spent remastering couldve been shifted towards making a new game" is so wrong. This remasters are made by small teams or external companies (like BluePoint), they aren't made by the same team who is working on new games. There's no company that gives more priority to remasters instead of making new games, it just that since remasters takes way less time to be made that's why you see more remasters than new games being released.

With each new gen new games takes longer to be made, so a remaster might cost less than 1 year to be made, and a new next gen game can cost 3-5 years to be made.

Naughty Dog released the Uncharted trilogy while they were working on Uncharted 4.

Quantic Dream released HR and Beyond's remasters while they are working on Detroit Become Human.

Capcom released remasters of many of their RE games while they are working on RE7, Dead Rising 4, etc...

Edited by Gevirein
  • Like 2

Erm remasters are made for people who haven't played those games and maybe don't have the money to buy a PS3 to play them, since buying a remaster on PS4 is more cheaper for them. They aren't made for people who've already played them, but there are many people who buys them again just because they enjoyed the original versions and might want to unlock its platinum again or just want to experience the game with updated graphics and similar stuff.

If they enjoy it, then it was money well spent for them.

And what you said about "the time and money spent remastering couldve been shifted towards making a new game" is so wrong. This remasters are made by small teams or external companies (like BluePoint), they aren't made by the same team who is working on new games. There's no company that gives more priority to remasters instead of making new games, it just that since remasters takes way less time to be made that's why you see more remasters than new games being released.

With each new gen new games takes longer to be made, so a remaster might cost less than 1 year to be made, and a new next gen game can cost 3-5 years to be made.

Naughty Dog released the Uncharted trilogy while they were working on Uncharted 4.

Quantic Dream released HR and Beyond's remasters while they are working on Detroit Become Human.

Capcom released remasters of many of their RE games while they are working on RE7, Dead Rising 4, etc...

Oh okay thanks for clarifying things. Well guess I've got nothing against remasters then :). They don't bother me or make me happy. I'm just impartial.

I loved Bioshock 1 and Bioshock infinite, never did get round to playing two. It looks like the list has got rid of the multiplayer trophies for number 2 though? No idea if they were hard or anything but probably be easier now in the long run. Honestly, I don't think I would of even begun the series if it weren't for Bioshock Infinite being on the PS+ a couple of years back. Which ultimately led me into renting the first one.

I think I will eventually get it. There is a hectic amount of games coming out in the next couple of months that take priority but this will definitely be added to my buy list.

These games were an adventure for me. One of my first ever 360/ps3 games was Bioshock 1 on 360. Time to had back into Rapture B)

Trophies look great, I got plat on B1 on my old account, never did 100% B2 because of multiplayer. Though, I really enjoyed multiplayer. It was lots of fun. Just recently beat Infinite for the second time, so no clue if I'll play that one right away.

It's not that BioShock 2 was hard to Platinum / 100% on PS3, even with the MP trophies. Sure it was a grind but you would just do the same thing day in and day out (turret hacking) so it still wasn't even that hard. But yes I definitely agree with both of you. BioShock is an amazing, crazy adventure that needs to be experienced by all. I highly recommend this collection for new players whether you haven't played one game or all, this is currently the best way to experience BioShock.

It stops now! ...I guess! :P Now that really was the last time, or was it? Nah it was. :P

Well they'll think we're crazy, but just maybe there's method in the madness. Though I think everyone can agree having a silver frame on a gold trophy is just plain wrong! :facepalm:

HERE, HERE! I'LL DRINK TO THAT! :coffee: ...don't judge, it's early(ish) here.

OHMYGOD HAHAH was it........................? find out in the next reply!!!! Lol yeah, they really got lazy with these designs. Just out of curiosity, have you seen the trophy icons for Destiny? Say what you will about the game, but those trophy icons are probably the best-looking ones I've ever seen. They look so cool too, props to that designer. OH NO I WONT JUDGE YOU I GUESS

PSNP now has the list up on the site and it does include Bioshock 1 trophies!

Lol yeah, as already confirmed by our good friend olliebear66t.

I hoped it would be like Heavy Rain and Beyond two souls. A little bit disappointing for me since l wanted to get only BioShock 2.

Thanks for replies and about heartbreaker. Believe or not when l platinum'd Bioshock infinite, that trophy was the one gave me huge problems. In fact, only one gave me problems :D

Heartbreaker was one of my last trophies and it gave me HUGE problems too, but I found a youtube video that step-by-step shows you how to get him stuck on a roof so I just sat there and slowly picked him off with ease.

Am I the only one who got this without even knowing on the first ever Handyman??? But seriously, out of all the trophies there, 1999 Mode and Blue Ribbon Challenges and that's the one that's giving you guys heartache?  :P

I will be getting the collection Bioshock 1 was one of the first games I bought on Ps3. I've played the first 2 and even bot all the mp trophies in 2 but I never platiunumed either one of them. I never played Infinte.

Kinda dissapointed in the list for 2. I was hoping they would add some more SP trophies in stead of changing the value of some of the trophies.

Which is what I mentioned in the original post. I wish they added more in, BioShock 2 could have a lot more challenging and fun trophies but as I said above, and as with any other remaster, this is, unfortunately, another lazy remaster with rehashed visuals and feels just for the cash grab. I mean sure they convinced me enough to buy it and I've been waiting for these remasters for a long time but most remasters we can do without. I want some new content on PS4 already.

Lol, you need to update the thread title, dude. :P

?

It looks like the same shit?

Yeah, that's what a remaster is? Only differences are:

• BioShock 2 no longer has Multiplayer or any sort of online features, which therefore impacts its trophy list by being shorter and easier.
  • Everything is in 1080p / 60fps now.
  • The bundle comes with a Director's Commentary video titled "Imagining BioShock: With Ken Levine & Shawn Robertson".
  • As mentioned above, by user MR T, some trophy rarities have been altered although no new trophies have been added to either of these lists.

Damn Blue Ribbon trophy is still in Infinite. I'll wait to confirm the glitch for that is still active before I consider even touching that game on ps4. I hate horde modes.

I was actually talking with my brother about this! Honestly, this was more tedious than 1999 Mode in our opinions. If the exploits still work, you can easily breeze through all of the DLC content on BioShock: Infinite without a problem but I'm assuming they would have updated the game and fixed everything for this new polished release on PS4 so I feel like they have been patched, unfortunately. I really hope not, though, those damn Blue Ribbons get really crazy sometimes!

I have mixed feelings. First of all I did 2 first games and actually I really like trend to remaster games without bringing MP which I don't like in most of cases cause I played special MP games some years ago.

Uncharted Remastered Trilogy, now Bioshock 2, I wish RE5-6 could came out without MP but nvm.

One major downside is that our localizators didn't bring translation which was available at start on PC. At that times it was common that most games don't get translation (even when PC version officially localized) but now... why?

I wonder how saves will work in Bioshock 1 and 2. Will they allow us to save at any moment like it was on PS3 or not?

I got the collection on Saturday (pre-ordered on BestBuy.com and it came early). I can confirm that, at least in BioShock, you can save at any moment. 

OHMYGOD HAHAH was it........................? find out in the next reply!!!! Lol yeah, they really got lazy with these designs. Just out of curiosity, have you seen the trophy icons for Destiny? Say what you will about the game, but those trophy icons are probably the best-looking ones I've ever seen. They look so cool too, props to that designer. OH NO I WONT JUDGE YOU I GUESS

It was... :angel:<_<

Yeah I've seen them. Not interested in the game itself but the trophies have got to be up there as some of the most beautifully designed trophies around! I was trying to think of any other contenders but I've drawn a blank. Most games have pretty standard designs and, well, some are down right disgusting. Don't you just love it when they all have the same icon for example! Or that cheap "Zombies" game! If you haven't seen it, shield your eyes let me tell you!

Ha! You said it so I didn't have to! :P

Without the MP trophies, the list doesn't look so bad. I might play it again possibly. 

Sweet, I can finally acquire a BioShock 2 platinum because FUCK multiplayer trophies

Considering I have not played one Bioshock game and I am a huge fan of story driven games, I will give this a go in the future. Especially since I have remained completely spoiler free. Well, obviously I know some things, but not enough to say I know anything at all really.

DO IT GUYS DO IETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

It was... :angel:<_<

Yeah I've seen them. Not interested in the game itself but the trophies have got to be up there as some of the most beautifully designed trophies around! I was trying to think of any other contenders but I've drawn a blank. Most games have pretty standard designs and, well, some are down right disgusting. Don't you just love it when they all have the same icon for example! Or that cheap "Zombies" game! If you haven't seen it, shield your eyes let me tell you!

Ha! You said it so I didn't have to! :P

"And, well, some are downright disgusting." HAHA omg I love it! I'm unsure of the which "Zombies" game you are referencing but hey, I guess that's a good thing right? Oh man, is it as bad as on BioShock?? OH DEAR GOD NO

Yeah, that was my attempt at being funny. Now it's my time to apologise, except it's really late instead of early.  :devil:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...