Tokyo Game Show 2016 September 15-18

Satoshi Ookami

It looks like Sony's TGS conference starts at 8am for me. I'm committed, so I'll be staying up. Good thing I don't have work tomorrow. xD

Okay, that was pretty... disappointing...

I missed it, but reading the articles, I didn't miss much, lol.

Not to mention, it was 1 hour only this time.

EDIT:

Stream record (actual conference starts at 14:38)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I finally got around to watching the conference and...

I'm highly disappointed...

Not just because Vita wasn't so prominent, but simply because there was no HUGE highlight like in previous TGSs.

If there wasn't KT Musou and especially Granblue Fantasy, the conference would be a huge flop.

But even GF couldn't save the whole conference.

What did surprise was VR, that was actually more interesting than I thought it would be.

I linked the stream (you should watch the Japanese, though, since the translator was crap) and a few things that happened to the first post.

But overall, I wouldn't recommend wasting one hour.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I finally got around to watching the conference and...

I'm highly disappointed...

Not just because Vita wasn't so prominent

What did surprise was VR, that was actually more interesting than I thought it would be.

Really you was surprised by lack of Vita prominence? like really really??

VR is insane, 29 days can't come quick enough for me.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

Well due to unforeseen circumstances, I couldn't watch the conference live. It sounds like I didn't miss much. I haven't watched the stream archive yet, I'm just going off what I've read.

So no new Vita hardware. Well... Not the kind I wanted anyway. It comes in more colours now, so... yay?

We have release dates for Danganronpa 3, Nier Automata and Nioh. At least for Japan. Hopefully the western release doesn't take too long, because I've been looking forward to those games for awhile.

There was no word on a 999 Vita release? I was hoping it was going to get confirmed at this conference. I guess we're going to have to wait longer than I thought. :(

A bunch of VR stuff that I haven't gotten around to seeing yet. If Satoshi says it was interesting though, I'll believe it.

Am I missing anything important?

I was really hoping this conference would make up for Sony's other lacklustre conferences recently, but I guess that was too much to ask. At least it wasn't as bad as the PlayStation Meeting. You would really have to try to make a conference worse than that though.

Is that so hard to believe? Vita is actually doing pretty well in Japan. Tokyo Game Show is the one place where Sony doesn't pretend Vita doesn't exist, so I would of liked to see more as well.

Edited by Undead Wolf

All things considered yes it would have been a surprise.

PSVR is imminent and so is PS4 Pro...

This is perfectly understandable to be the main focus at this time.

PS4 Pro is gonna flop in Japan. I have no doubt about that. If the launch of the PS4 showed anything, it's that Japan doesn't care about power. I don't see PSVR doing much better either tbh. I can see why they would push those things to try and make the Japanese audience more interested in them, but I don't see it happening.

PS4 Pro is gonna flop in Japan. I have no doubt about that. If the launch of the PS4 showed anything, it's that Japan doesn't care about power. 

Well, that's why they released Slim as well :awesome:

I don't see PSVR doing much better either tbh. I can see why they would push those things to try and make the Japanese audience more interested in them, but I don't see it happening.

I beg to differ here.

I believe VR will be the new Vita. Successful in Japan, flop elsewhere. With this kind of technology, Japanese developers can do miracles =D

They are testing waters with Summer Lesson and 360° Date and what do you know, eventually, we will have VR VNs and... obviously VR hentai =D

Frankly, without VR p0rn, which obviously won't happen, it's not going to be successful here.

VR is insane, 29 days can't come quick enough for me.

No, I'm actually expecting Japan to like PS4 because PS4 is awesome yaaay!

Well, no. We all know Japan did not jump on PS4 bandwagon just because Sony did fantastic advertisement 'PS4 great, buy PS4'. And we all know that Sony does not know what to do with that. So instead of forcing PS4 down the throat, it's reasonable to expect strengthening the product that is successful.  

It's Japan, the place FOR Vita, not PS4.

Just check the other companies, their lineups are filled with Vita titles.

Check previous TGSs, the same. 

It makes perfect sense to expect things.

Well, that's why they released Slim as well :awesome:

I'm surprised they're even releasing the PS4 Pro in Japan tbh. All the bundles I see are for the Slim.

I beg to differ here.

I believe VR will be the new Vita. Successful in Japan, flop elsewhere. With this kind of technology, Japanese developers can do miracles =D

They are testing waters with Summer Lesson and 360° Date and what do you know, eventually, we will have VR VNs and... obviously VR hentai =D

Frankly, without VR p0rn, which obviously won't happen, it's not going to be successful here.

I see your point. Japan loves their dating sims and such, so I expect VR will take that to the next level. Just imagine the possibilities... :holy: I'm only sceptical because it requires a PS4 and a lot of space to work. I want to say Japanese houses tend to have less space, but maybe that's just bogus. :dunno:

I definitely agree that's it's going to flop everywhere else. I think VR will be a thing in the west, but I don't think gaming is going to be the thing that pushes it. Like you said, VR p0rn is the big seller, and Sony won't allow that.

It makes perfect sense to expect things.

As things are and with less than one month to go until PSVR gets a world wide release you would have to be severely deluded to expect the PS Vita to get mass exposure over it at any games show.

In regards to Summer Lesson, I will let you know, it is day one for me :)

Edited by JapanimeGamer

As things are and with less than one month to go until PSVR gets a world wide release you would have to be severely deluded to expect the PS Vita to get mass exposure over it at any games show.

They already showcased these things on two previous conferences, there was no need to repeat.

And even so, PSVR is just one thing. Plus, not even 30 minutes worth of it =D There was more than enough time to showcase Vita ;)

In regards to Summer Lesson, I will let you know, it is day one for me :)

Ok

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Now that the TGS has ended, I'm looking forward to these games:

• God Wars: Future Past
  • Demon Gaze II
  • Valkyria: Azure Revolution
  • SaGa: Scarlet Grace
  • Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
  • Idol Death Game TV
  • Akiba's Beat

Just remember that SaGa and Idol Death do not have confirmed western release.

SaGa has a chance (albeit digital only for sure), but I don't think Idol Death is coming :/