Executioner trophy tip

ViperHD

Didn't find how to add a tip to the Trophy Guide, so I'll just post it here. Here's a way to easily win this tropy: eliminate all 5 players in 6-player tournament.

I'm a seasoned online poker player, and I can tell you that in all of my career, I can hardly recall having won a 6-max SNG (that's what they are called in the jargon) where I busted all players myself. So clearly, your regular poker strategy won't work well for this trophy.

The way to quickly earn this trophy is to purely rely on your luck, by going all-in every single hand. The problem with this trophy is that as soon as someone is busted by someone else, your chance has gone, and you'll have to try again in a different tournament. So you have to make sure that you are in every hand. You could just call every hand, but problem with that is that you may completely miss the flop and your chance of staying in the hand AND busting someone has become very low. So it is much better to go all-in pre-flop with every single hand. Your opponents will soon call you (if not immediately - this is playmoney poker after all) and then it's just a matter of luck. What a lot of people also don't realize is how high your chances are of winning a pre-flop all-in. E.g. if you have 27 and your opponent has AK, you still have 33% chance of winning, so you will win once in 3 attempts.

If you win the first confrontation and bust one or two other players, you will already have 20k or 30k chips and can even afford losing a subsequent all-in. If you're a decent player, you can stop this strategy once you're heads-up (i.e. 1 opponent) and then play regular/good poker and bust him that way. Or course, with this trophy strategy you will definitely loose 'money' so take tournaments with low enough a buy-in (100 or 1000). I think it took me 6 attempts or so. I think you'd have to be very unlucky if you still didn't manage after 20 attempts.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:40 AM, ViperHD said:

Didn't find how to add a tip to the Trophy Guide, so I'll just post it here. Here's a way to easily win this tropy: eliminate all 5 players in 6-player tournament.

I'm a seasoned online poker player, and I can tell you that in all of my career, I can hardly recall having won a 6-max SNG (that's what they are called in the jargon) where I busted all players myself. So clearly, your regular poker strategy won't work well for this trophy.

The way to quickly earn this trophy is to purely rely on your luck, by going all-in every single hand. The problem with this trophy is that as soon as someone is busted by someone else, your chance has gone, and you'll have to try again in a different tournament. So you have to make sure that you are in every hand. You could just call every hand, but problem with that is that you may completely miss the flop and your chance of staying in the hand AND busting someone has become very low. So it is much better to go all-in pre-flop with every single hand. Your opponents will soon call you (if not immediately - this is playmoney poker after all) and then it's just a matter of luck. What a lot of people also don't realize is how high your chances are of winning a pre-flop all-in. E.g. if you have 27 and your opponent has AK, you still have 33% chance of winning, so you will win once in 3 attempts.

If you win the first confrontation and bust one or two other players, you will already have 20k or 30k chips and can even afford losing a subsequent all-in. If you're a decent player, you can stop this strategy once you're heads-up (i.e. 1 opponent) and then play regular/good poker and bust him that way. Or course, with this trophy strategy you will definitely loose 'money' so take tournaments with low enough a buy-in (100 or 1000). I think it took me 6 attempts or so. I think you'd have to be very unlucky if you still didn't manage after 20 attempts.

I agree.

Pure luck.

Busted 3 players with 2/3 all-in with first hand with full house on the river.

Called mistake but player before me went all in. Was playing for hours and oops.

I felt lucky. "Hot table"

Next round pre-flop all-in won.

Last player scared shitless and won again pre-flop all-in.

Took me 3 hands.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This trophy can be gained through Practise mode against the A.I. Just select Tournament and don't let them bust each other.

I just raised large each hand (roughly 7x the BB) and/or re-raised relentlessly and they tend to fold anything but above average hands. When they do call their hand strength is much more defined making post flop play fairly straight foward.

Be prepared to battle the clueless A.I, they tend to bet regardless and bet size usually represents hand strength. The occasional time they check which is usually a stronger hand like an overpair etc. Just let them bluff it off and be willing to call with middle strength hands to the river if you've isolated them to a 1 Vs 1 pot.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 8/9/2019 at 8:10 PM, Tweeked_Demon said:

This trophy can be gained through Practise mode against the A.I. Just select Tournament and don't let them bust each other.

I just raised large each hand (roughly 7x the BB) and/or re-raised relentlessly and they tend to fold anything but above average hands. When they do call their hand strength is much more defined making post flop play fairly straight foward.

Be prepared to battle the clueless A.I, they tend to bet regardless and bet size usually represents hand strength. The occasional time they check which is usually a stronger hand like an overpair etc. Just let them bluff it off and be willing to call with middle strength hands to the river if you've isolated them to a 1 Vs 1 pot.

I got it within an hour with the bots in practice.  May have been lucky but that's easiest way to go.  The AI is dumb.. Call with Ace Rag or any pair if you shove.  Not sure but I think a method I used when letting them raise to the river.. Then shove or raise big at the river.  They usually fold??  Unless that changed with updates not sure.  

Edited by Winds-of-Neptune

• 8 months later...
15 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

I just got the trophy legit, in a ranked multiplayer tournament :) 

The feeling is so amazing!!! I've tried it for 7 months now, on and off.... I had so many times when i lost on last player, or where someone left in the middle of the tournament... So glad it's done!

Nice work! ?? Took the long route .. always good for leveling up and sharpening your poker skills.  I don't do tourneys so I did it with AI in solo.  They are very predictable and easy to mess around with.  It only takes a day to get it done with the bots, in most cases.