The Last Guardian has been Delayed

Kyl542

Oh jesus, Sony should be more carefull with their release date announcements... D: I think they are more carefull since they only announced this at E3 and it got delayed anyways...

Edit: My prediction since it was announced was always that it would get delayed. Im okay with delays even though my post sounded like I aren't. I just feel like Sony should be a little more carefull wich I feel like they were at this years E3. Almost no RD. Announce Days Gone and Detroits release date a short while before they release. :D

Edited by MarsipanRumpan

Oh jesus, Sony should be more carefull with their release date announcements... D: I think they are more carefull since they only announced this at E3 and it got delayed anyways, ffs.....

im at the point to never ever believe any release dates anymore, atleast that's what i've been doing for a while now. But i prefer they take their time for a better game as always, im in no rush 

• Like 1

Development started in 2007.

After 9 years, I think we can all wait another 2 months for them to iron out any kinks. 

A better question might be, given a 9 year development cycle, why set a firm launch date?

I totally agree with you on waiting a couple more months, but why would you bother to pin a date? It just sets you up for failure.

If you hit the target, no one really notices, and certainly doesn't praise you for hitting it after a 9 year wait. If you miss it, then it just becomes magnified due to the previous delays.

I mean, given 9 years, you would hope that most of the bugs had been addressed. Certainly the fact that they had to push the pause button (again) so close to launch, to me, further leads me to question how good this game will be.

Definitely not a day one.

• Like 3

As previous commenters have said, better to have a good game in a couple months than a bad/mediocre game now. 

I don't necessarily feel that it bodes ill for the game that it's taking so long. I still trust Team Ico to be a highly quality-driven developer.

I have also been ascending and descending the hype train for a few years now, and even though I know pre-orders are generally a bad idea, I'm pretty sure Imma preorder this one. Because even if it's a mediocre game, I believe there'll be true artistry in there, and I know I don't wanna miss it either way. 

i'm sorry. this is UNACCEPTABLE. What a crappy week Sony just gave its consumers. Ps prices go up for no apparent reason; the UNDERWHELMING review of the PS4 PRO; it does not have 4k blu-ray support; apparently we have to pay for the HDR update; no mod support for fallout AND skyrim remaster; and now this shit? EVERY SINGLE AAA SONY EXCLUSIVE HAS BEEN DELAYED. Im sorry sony but get your shit together.

A better question might be, given a 9 year development cycle, why set a firm launch date?

I totally agree with you on waiting a couple more months, but why would you bother to pin a date? It just sets you up for failure.

If you hit the target, no one really notices, and certainly doesn't praise you for hitting it after a 9 year wait. If you miss it, then it just becomes magnified due to the previous delays.

I mean, given 9 years, you would hope that most of the bugs had been addressed. Certainly the fact that they had to push the pause button (again) so close to launch, to me, further leads me to question how good this game will be.

Definitely not a day one.

I agree that too much emphasis is put on launch dates. The only reasons I can think that they bother putting them out so far in advance are:

1. Some vocal gamers are pushy about these things;
  2. To give fans time to plan a purchase - we're not all in the position where we can drop £40-£55/$60-$70 on a whim when a new game releases;
  3. They like to plan around one another - games without the same level of franchise pull will want to be well clear of the big hitters. 

Personally, I don't see why they can't announce a date once they've gone gold. This gives people roughly a month to plan the purchase if they want it on release. Ignore the pushy gamers who clamour for a set date. Everyone knows that the big boys are going to target the Christmas season, so avoid that if you're not CoD, Fifa or another shooty shooty bang bang game.