"Obsessive" Trophy Glitched

ProudMode

Played through five times now, three of those following collectible guides. Tried two different guides in case the first one had missed something. For the last playthrough I completely deleted my game save to see if that would help. Still nothing. I can only conclude that it's glitched. (I can also conclude that it's rather aptly named...)

Has anyone else had issues with this?

Edited by ProudMode

• 6 months later...

here am i. According to a user on playstationtrophies, the transmitter 8 is glitched. When you hear the message it turns red but, if you reload the checkpoint afterwards and watch in his direction, it will be unheared again. The only thing that you can do is reload the checkpoint, come back to the transmitter and heard the message once again and then, come back to the checkpoint. Finally, reload and watch in his direction. If it's still white, you must return there and redo the thing (hear, check, reload, watch) until the transmitter finally stays red.

By the way, the collectibles are 78 in total: 25 SSD, 9 Audio Terminal, 8 Transmitters, 5 Astronaut's Dead Body (for those, when you finish to examine, go to a checkpoint and then return to the body, to see if the magnyfing glass it's still there [and if it still there, the game haven't save the discover]), 7 Tokens (5 Astronaut's Personal Object, 1 Camera e 1 SSD Main Backup [that spawns in the Cerebrum Hub after you have obtained all SSD]), 14 Audio Logs, 6 E-Mails and the 4 Filtrum Consoles.

Edited by APCGrayLocked

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's a little offt topic, but I was mentioned in a message above: Repentent does not stack. You get it only if you "Escape the Northstar IV with 3 to 5 Astronaut Tokens", but If you found all 6 (5 Austronaut Tokens + DSLR Camera).

And Obsessive glitched for me too :-(

Update

I was wrong! Obsessive is not glitched! The only real bug is, that the 8th satellite transmission is very likely not saved in a checkpoint (it was never for me). Just listen to it and finish the game without dying, restarting a checkpoint or quitting the game.

The problem is, that because of this bug everyone thinks it is the reason that they didn't get the trophy.

My theory (and I'm pretty sure about it)

The trophy description says: Listen to all Audio Logs, Audio Terminals and Intercepted Transmissions

If you use eg. the 100% guide from rus199410, you will have listened to all Audio Logs, Audio Terminal and Satellite Transmissions. But there are more Intercepted Transmissions than Satellite Transmission. At various points in the game you receive transmission like "Satellite transmission received", "Intercepted transmission" and so on that are about some personal stuff of the dead crew members. I don't know if any of the other transmissions from the ground personal counts or if the actually transmissions are only available after you've found the dead bodies of the astronauts ...

What I did in a 3 hour run to get this (for me the final) trophy:

• I did not die nor did I restart a checkpoint or quited the game
  • Collected all known Audio Logs, Audio Terminals and Satellite Transmissions
  • Found all 5 astronauts
  • Flew through every single part of the station structure/part (eg. you can reach all Vocalis switches from outside, but you get a message when flying up from inside).
  • Outside always followed the debris trails (the white and yellow flakes). eg. between Vocalis #1 and #2
  • Never took outside a shortcut between structures

My conclusion: Not glitched, just an awfully designed trophy!

Edited by lonny2001
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Fix: start from the main hub (near the escape pods) -- you'll be here automatically after beating the game.

Now go out to the far satellites. It's far and you can B-Line it there and back if you dont use your boosters and just float there and back. 

Keep pressing R3 to make sure the audio icon goes from white to red. After that you'll wanna return to the escape pods (without dying) and ESCAPE!!

Now if the trophy does NOT pop during your escape then that means you are missing some audio. For me... I had to retrace solaris & vocalis (sp?) and got 2 intercepted transmissions. Then I escaped w/o dying and the trophy popped.

This happened yesterday so I can confirm it is NOT glitched. You just haven't listened to ALL the transmissions.

There are emails, intercepted emails, intercepted transmissions, audio logs from other astronauts. So there are a lot and they're all scattered.

Just make sure every 1 or 2 audios you get to escape w/o dying and see if the trophy pops.

Edited by dokkanexpert
Spellcheck

• 2 years later...

Ran into some issues with this as well. Despite following two separate videos it still didn’t unlock. It turned out that I had missed some out of the way spot in the Solaris area with a missing crew transmission, so after collecting that, redoing the last satellite transmission (the one that doesn’t seem to save properly), and then finishing the game it finally popped.

So, it’s not bugged but it definitely requires some very thorough searching of the floating wreckage as you pass through the areas. The lack of good videos makes it more difficult as most people will follow them expecting to get the trophy and then not know what to do when it doesn’t pop.

Its a nice game and pretty chill, but Obsessed is definitely a bit of a hassle.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

whoever is attempting this: rus199410 guide is the one of two available for collectibles. If you look at backup ssd 15 at 28 minutes, you can see rus moving to the left door. Here you need to use the right door, and float through the wreackage to get a transmission. You can miss this because you can use both ways to reach your objective, and with the guide you definitly move past the transmission. This was the only one missing for me. Took me 4 tries to find it. These scrambled transmissions are not part of the guide but they do count for the trophy.

Best of luck

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2022 at 4:01 AM, WreckItPhil said:

Hi,

whoever is attempting this: rus199410 guide is the one of two available for collectibles. If you look at backup ssd 15 at 28 minutes, you can see rus moving to the left door. Here you need to use the right door, and float through the wreackage to get a transmission. You can miss this because you can use both ways to reach your objective, and with the guide you definitly move past the transmission. This was the only one missing for me. Took me 4 tries to find it. These scrambled transmissions are not part of the guide but they do count for the trophy.

Best of luck

Can confirm, I followed this for all the Audio Logs, Terminals, and Intercepted Transmissions. After finding them all, I backtracked to Solaris, went through the right door, passed the triple electricity area, then by the time I hit an outdoors tunnel with foliage in it, I had triggered an audio thing with subtitles on my screen. Turned around and finished the game, got the trophy. Timestamp WreckItPhil noted in the video is exactly where to go. Wish I had known this before, I would have avoided a few more playthroughs lol.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2022 at 4:01 AM, WreckItPhil said:

Hi,

Best of luck

On 12/12/2022 at 2:20 PM, Banananaki said:

Can confirm, I followed this for all the Audio Logs, Terminals, and Intercepted Transmissions. After finding them all, I backtracked to Solaris, went through the right door, passed the triple electricity area, then by the time I hit an outdoors tunnel with foliage in it, I had triggered an audio thing with subtitles on my screen. Turned around and finished the game, got the trophy. Timestamp WreckItPhil noted in the video is exactly where to go. Wish I had known this before, I would have avoided a few more playthroughs lol.

Can someone link me the other collectible video I can’t find it. Im stuck with hidden dialogue from rus videos I beat the game and didn’t get it. Also wondering if I reload from the beaten load can I go back in before leaving again and get the hidden dialogue and the trophies or does it have to be a fresh save now?

On 14.1.2023 at 8:23 AM, O9pticalIllusion said:

Can someone link me the other collectible video I can’t find it. Im stuck with hidden dialogue from rus videos I beat the game and didn’t get it. Also wondering if I reload from the beaten load can I go back in before leaving again and get the hidden dialogue and the trophies or does it have to be a fresh save now?

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZVVQyHgQ1_GjLOwp0kMoVZ0IblmsDYab

i would suggest a fresh save, to be sure.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Here is a 100% guide wich has everything. It can be confusing sometimes and for time sake don't collect the McDonagh Token just reload your savefile after finishing the game, collect it and fnish the game (because Repentant and Redeemed don't stack and the camera doesn't count towards it but you can get Repentant in the speedrun, also collect at least 4 Tokens to be safe to get Repentant). Follow the guide till the end (episode 7 is the end not 6, because he will do cleanup in 7), don't die (might undo certain collectibles). He doesn't have time stamps, only listed them in the video description.

Good luck

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I just got the trophy after thinking it was glitched ... i checked all the audios following the guide for obsessive trophy ... it was not saved so i reload my save the listend to the transmitter #8 and B line to the broken glass over the base and finished the game ... no reload or quiting just finishing the game and it popped ... 20 mai 2024