Current Opinions?

Sir_Bee

Hello everyone,

I was looking at this game trying to decide if it was worth the purchase. Now that the game has been out for a while, I was hoping to get peoples opinions. It looked like it was a fun concept, but I could see it getting very boring very quickly. How has the game held up?

Thanks.

I personally enjoyed it but your experience is going to largely depend on your tolerance for farming "random" dungeons for gear, titles, and levels. The game is an evolution of ClaDun and ClaDun x2 on the PSP, if you are familiar with them or have the opportunity to try them out you will get a very good idea of whether you are likely to enjoy the game as Legasista is ClaDun 3 in everything but name.

The story mode is short and will probably only take 8-10 hours, but the real meat of the game is in the game's 200 floor randomly generated dungeons. Just be aware you'll likely need to spend dozens of hours upgrading your titles and equipment if you want to make any meaningful progress in them. There's a pretty heavy character customization element but you'll likely find you'll end up sticking to the one or two character traits that are actually useful, and the one or two energy frames that are actually viable (especially if you plan on doing single-character runs).

If you're a fan of rogue-likes and Disgaea-ish stat stacking (or enjoy NIS games in general) you'll probably have fun with it but if you're not the type to enjoy running the same dungeons and farming titles for hours on end I'd give it a pass. It's certainly not a game you want to play through solely for the story.

• Like 3

I personally enjoyed it but your experience is going to largely depend on your tolerance for farming "random" dungeons for gear, titles, and levels. The game is an evolution of ClaDun and ClaDun x2 on the PSP, if you are familiar with them or have the opportunity to try them out you will get a very good idea of whether you are likely to enjoy the game as Legasista is ClaDun 3 in everything but name.

The story mode is short and will probably only take 8-10 hours, but the real meat of the game is in the game's 200 floor randomly generated dungeons. Just be aware you'll likely need to spend dozens of hours upgrading your titles and equipment if you want to make any meaningful progress in them. There's a pretty heavy character customization element but you'll likely find you'll end up sticking to the one or two character traits that are actually useful, and the one or two energy frames that are actually viable (especially if you plan on doing single-character runs).

If you're a fan of rogue-likes and Disgaea-ish stat stacking (or enjoy NIS games in general) you'll probably have fun with it but if you're not the type to enjoy running the same dungeons and farming titles for hours on end I'd give it a pass. It's certainly not a game you want to play through solely for the story.

I really appreciate your answer. I have not played most of the games you are talking about, but I have played most final fantasies more then once, and I never seem to have a problem grinding with them. From your description I think I will add this to my list of games to eventually pick up and play :).

For those of us who had no idea what this game was, I found a video that explains the game and shows some great gameplay.

It looks really fun but I would love to see it released on the Vita. The Vita needs more games and I think this would be perfect for the system. Regardless, this title is definitely on my radar now.

Parker

• Like 1

For those of us who had no idea what this game was, I found a video that explains the game and shows some great gameplay.

[media=]

[/media]

It looks really fun but I would love to see it released on the Vita. The Vita needs more games and I think this would be perfect for the system. Regardless, this title is definitely on my radar now.

Parker

Thank you for this video Parker, it has made me even more interested in the game. I am considering downloading it tonight. Right now the only drawback is that it is 30 dollars.

• 6 years later...