How Many Playthroughs?

PooPooBlast

As the title says, how may Playthroughs do you guys recommend. Is it enough if I play it once on hard difficulty or should I start it on normal then play on hard.

Mind you this is my first hitman game so I know nothing about how hard it is(whether it's difficult for newbies) or how much replay value it has. I've heard that you can approach your targets differently but idk how much of a gameplay changer that is so I welcome anybody Sharing their experience.

However, bear in mind I'm a busy person and I can't play a lot, so I would like to experience as much as I can out of a game while not being redundant. So in this case if playing it twice isnt that big of a difference, then I'd like to play through it once. If it is indeed different I wouldn't mind playing it twice.

Thanks in advance! :)

Can't you simply look at a trophy guide to get most of the answers you're looking for?

I did. That's what I do with all of the games before I start them but it doesn't answer any of the questions I have. I posted to get a better answer from people who actually played the game.

If you're familiar with the Hitman games feel free to start on Pro immediately. If not, then an easier difficulty is recommended.

This is my first hitman game. Once again idk how hard it is which is why I was asking. I mean I can play on harder difficulty if it's just hard but if I'll get lost then I'll stick to normal difficulty

Edited by poopooblast

This is my first hitman game. Once again idk how hard it is which is why I was asking. I mean I can play on harder difficulty if it's just hard but if I'll get lost then I'll stick to normal difficulty

Then I recommend to try it on an easier difficulty or follow a video walkthrough on Pro (but that wouldn't be fun imo).

OK thx for the tip. 2 play through s it is. I'm not following a video. It ain't mainly for trophies

Yeah, I recommend 2 Playthroughs for you :). Be aware that the game is buggy. I suggest that the Normal Playthrough is for Challenges and Evidences, while the Hard Playthrough is just for the Trophy. Make sure you know the parts very well, so you wouldn't struggle during your Hard Playthrough.

Oh, and congrats on your Vanquish plat ;), I believe that it was freaking hard!  

• Like 1

Yeah, I recommend 2 Playthroughs for you :). Be aware that the game is buggy. I suggest that the Normal Playthrough is for Challenges and Evidences, while the Hard Playthrough is just for the Trophy. Make sure you know the parts very well, so you wouldn't struggle during your Hard Playthrough.

Oh, and congrats on your Vanquish plat ;), I believe that it was freaking hard!

Thanks for the tip and congratses lol :). Yea it was hard. You can read about it on," most recent platinum thread.

Also yea I saw from your frequent posts that the game would freeze. I have the disc version if that matters. Do you have the digital version by any chance?

• Like 1

You should be able to get by if you start on hard without much problems once you adapt to the game mechanics and I recommend doing so. I would say this game is also a little more linear in most of the levels compared with the previous titles in the series.

There was a bug back when I played the game on release, where it would get stuck auto-saving on the final level of the game, thus corrupting your save file if the game froze or got turned off. I'm not sure if the bug was ever patched though.

You should be able to get by if you start on hard without much problems once you adapt to the game mechanics and I recommend doing so. I would say this game is also a little more linear in most of the levels compared with the previous titles in the series.

There was a bug back when I played the game on release, where it would get stuck auto-saving on the final level of the game, thus corrupting your save file if the game froze or got turned off. I'm not sure if the bug was ever patched though.

But I mean does it have replay value. Meaning is there enough variety in killing someone that it warrants it another Playthrough?

Also I may get PS plus soon before the price increase so I can back up my saves but thanks for the heads up

But I mean does it have replay value. Meaning is there enough variety in killing someone that it warrants it another Playthrough?

I would definitely say that the missions that have hits/targets have replay value as they offer numerous ways to kill your targets to make it feel different enough each time. There are a few levels which are segmented from going from point A to point B, which are linear and have nearly no replayability other than choosing to stealth or go guns blazing.

I felt the game offered enough to keep me entertained even on a second playthrough.

Edited by Meepy
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tip and congratses lol :). Yea it was hard. You can read about it on," most recent platinum thread.

Also yea I saw from your frequent posts that the game would freeze. I have the disc version if that matters. Do you have the digital version by any chance?

I tried purchasing the Digital Version from the Store, only to find out that I didn't have ca$h. Are you having the disc version? If you do, I hope it is brand new and not used by another person (second-hand). I had a disc version which was used by my cousin, so I think that was the case. I'm gonna buy a new copy fresh from the store, so I can finally get my :platinum:!

Oh, you should also check out my guide here for Hitman: Absolution, so you could collect all trophies, using it :).  

• Like 1

I tried purchasing the Digital Version from the Store, only to find out that I didn't have ca$h. Are you having the disc version? If you do, I hope it is brand new and not used by another person (second-hand). I had a disc version which was used by my cousin, so I think that was the case. I'm gonna buy a new copy fresh from the store, so I can finally get my :platinum:!

Oh, you should also check out my guide here for Hitman: Absolution, so you could collect all trophies, using it :).

Yea I saw the guide. Thx for pointing it out. Also I have a used copy. In my entire game list, I've only payed new for gta5, gta4, and remember me. Everything else was used and I never had a problem except god of war 3 but I was able to finish it. Idk hope it doesn't happen to me lol Edited by poopooblast