US PlayStation VR demo disc has 18 games, 10 more than Europe's

FlareXV

From Eurogamer:

The US PlayStation VR demo disc has 18 games to try - 10 more than Europe's.

We heard details of Europe's PSVR demo disc last week. It seemed pretty generous at the time - now, not so much.Both the UK and US get taste-test versions of Driveclub, PlayStation VR Worlds, RIGS, Tumble VR, Battlezone, Eve: Valkyrie, Wayward Sky and Headmaster. But the US also gets trials of Allumette, Gnog, Harmonix Music VR, Here They Lie, Job Simulator, Rez Infinite, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and Resident Evil 7's Kitchen demo. PlayStation announced the US demo disc games last night, and it's fair to say the response from Europe since then has not been great. So, why is there such a big discrepancy?

It may be that some of the games are tied up in regional agreements for various VR platforms - meaning developers have tied down demo or launch exclusivity to another VR headset. It's also worth noting that PlayStation in the US and PlayStation in Europe are separate companies, and developers must deal with each when sorting out a release. Until Sony explains itself, however, there's no way of knowing. We've contacted PlayStation here in the UK for an explanation.

Wow, just wow!

Source:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-09-13-us-playstation-vr-demo-disc-contains-18-games-10-more-than-in-europe

Say what you want about MS, at least they are one company exporting products globally, not a bunch of regional actors who seem to operate semi-autonomously, leading to crap like this where one region manages to get better deals. 

A bygone model of global corporate structuring for a bygone, pre-internet age. 

Say what you want about MS, at least they are one company exporting products globally, not a bunch of regional actors who seem to operate semi-autonomously, leading to crap like this where one region manages to get better deals. 

A bygone model of global corporate structuring for a bygone, pre-internet age. 

Yet, majority of Europe are pretty much not even touching Xbox products lol. I do hope Sony ups the demo it to 12 at least.

Yet, majority of Europe are pretty much not even touching Xbox products lol. I do hope Sony ups the demo it to 12 at least.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't vary their marketing, etc, to try and gain ground in specific regions - MS does that too - but it's ridiculous when a quick trip to the PS Blog of a different region reveals disparities between the special offers, deals like this one, etc.

When you're dealing in digital products, it just leaves some regions feeling short-changed - why should I have to pay double for a game when you're selling it digitally and your marginal costs of delivery to me here in the UK are negligible, for example?

And don't even get me started on the fact that I can't take my PSN account with me if I ever move to a different region or buy DLC for a game that I imported from a different region from my home store. That shit is silly.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't vary their marketing, etc, to try and gain ground in specific regions - MS does that too - but it's ridiculous when a quick trip to the PS Blog of a different region reveals disparities between the special offers, deals like this one, etc.

When you're dealing in digital products, it just leaves some regions feeling short-changed - why should I have to pay double for a game when you're selling it digitally and your marginal costs of delivery to me here in the UK are negligible, for example?

And don't even get me started on the fact that I can't take my PSN account with me if I ever move to a different region or buy DLC for a game that I imported from a different region from my home store. That shit is silly.

Let's be honest, Sony won't change until we affect them in some kind of way. I just hope these kind of moves don't last for the whole generation. Also yes, not being able to take your account with you is madness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any EU VR players not reading it in another thread: the demo pack is also available online in the PSN store, and the EU one has about every game mentioned above except for Gnog and RE7 (RE7 is available separately on PSN).

Perhaps the disc had to be made earlier or something? I dunno, anyway all demos except Gnog are available online for EU as well.