Switching my PC Builds

ClearVHS

Hello im switching my old build to a new but not completelly new build like changing my case motherboard and possibly cpu if thats all i gotta change. I will post more info and pictures if there is someone that replies as i don not want to start posting to a post without possible replies. I will be chaning my case and then have to change my mobo as i need the case to me mini itx and need someone like minded to bounce couple ideas of our heads

Edited by xXDarkAsazZynXx

Ok so here is what i have now

Case = Corsair Obsidian Series 750D

CPU = AMD FX6300

MOBO = Asus M5A97 R2.0

GPU = Gigabyte R9 270x(Exact model of it is Gigabyte R9 270X R927XOC-2GD 2048MB)

CPU Cooler = Corsair H80i 120mm

Ram = 4x4 GB Corsair Vengance 1600Mhz

PSU = Corsair CX600M

I would like to see to recomendation for a fairly new build for intel with the range of i5 and a build where i only change the mobo for a new case with the size of new case of something like Mini/Micro ITX. Preferablly with no side windows. Thx in advanced

CPU = AMD FX6300

MOBO = Asus M5A97 R2.0

GPU = Gigabyte R9 270x(Exact model of it is Gigabyte R9 270X R927XOC-2GD 2048MB)

PSU = Corsair CX600M

I would like to see to recomendation for a fairly new build for intel with the range of i5 and a build where i only change the mobo for a new case with the size of new case of something like Mini/Micro ITX. Preferablly with no side windows. Thx in advanced

You might have a bit of issue fitting that graphics card into a mini-ATX case.  You might have to do some modification on the case, especially when you're using water cooling.  You will also have to downgrade your ram to 2 sticks as most Mini-ATX/Micro-ATX only have 2 slots at most.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitfenix-prodigy-m-matx-cube-case-midnight-black-ca-141-bx.html

There's this which I have generally heard good things about for being able to fit in a bit more than most cases that size.

Edited by DEMON

CPU = AMD FX6300

MOBO = Asus M5A97 R2.0

PSU = Corsair CX600M

If you want a gaming PC don't bother with a mini-ATX case, will end up over heating like crazy and won't last too long. If your after a water cooler, the NZXT Kraken series are awesome at keeping things cool without much noise. Your gonna need a massive case to fit it in though!

Avoid the Corsair H80i like the plague, they can be good but they can also end up lasting a couple of months - if that. Doubt you will fit that in a mini or micro case either, unless thats going to be your only fan - in which case your going to want to underclock like crazy to make sure you don't constantly overheat the GPU and other parts of your machine.

If you have a big budget, definitely get an Intel i5 or i7, if your budget is on the low end though stick to the AMD series, they are much cheaper and can provide the same amount of power. 

The Corsair CX600M is awesome, I used to have this in my PC, you will struggle to fit that in an mini or micro case as well though. For a mini or micro case, your going to be looking at below 500W. 

Mini and micro cases are really for media computers with little power, anything that is going to stress the hardware is not going to run well in a small case. There is limited room, most of the time the basic components you will have in a small case will all be touching each other, so over-heating is easy to do, most small cases only have room for 1 fan as well. So fitting any form of dual fan-system or fan-tank system (like the Corsair H80i) isn't going to fit. 

The part is what i already have and used for the past 2 years. And i was looking to switch to small case for a better look on my desk. Anyway i gave up on doing it and will just stick with all i got and im happy with also games i play are always at ultra to high with this pc so im good :) Thanks for help DEMON and sixones.

The part is what i already have and used for the past 2 years. And i was looking to switch to small case for a better look on my desk. Anyway i gave up on doing it and will just stick with all i got and im happy with also games i play are always at ultra to high with this pc so im good :) Thanks for help DEMON and sixones.

I had a similar problem, ended up swapping a giant NZXT Phantom case PC with a Mac Pro, hides behind my monitor and outperforms anything I've ever had.

Althought i know its a tiny problem but for what ever reason i cannot find a replacement pci-e cable for my gpu its for a reason of it being too short and possibly looking for a single sleeved psu cable for my build. If someone doesn't mind helping me out. Im in uk

Althought i know its a tiny problem but for what ever reason i cannot find a replacement pci-e cable for my gpu its for a reason of it being too short and possibly looking for a single sleeved psu cable for my build. If someone doesn't mind helping me out. Im in uk

Try checking ebuyer.com or scan.co.uk, both will probably have what you are looking for. Not entirely sure what cable your referring too, but you will most likely want to work out the connector type and then search for that (rather than a PCI-E cable, usually PCI-E power cable would be a 6 slot female to male connector PSU cable - rather than anything specific to PCI-E). 

I definitely do echo what this guy is saying about NZXT cases, they are really quality cases and even very easy to keep tidy inside.  I have a dog too, his hairs never get into my PC now like my old case allowed.  Mines is a NZXT Phantom, mid-tower size.  I don't use water cooling though; my room is cool enough, not from a warm country so it isn't really required here unless you have a whole pile of things running like couple of GPUs etc.. lots of overclocking.