ps4 pro

DARKHEARTRETURNS

Hey everyone, so i haven't got a ps4 yet but was planning to get one last month and then i heard about the conference sony is going to have on september and i waited, now that this is all done, i have a few questions to help me make a decision.

Is the ps4 pro graphics update really significant ?

is HDR a thing only on 4K TVs or do any full HD tvs support it as well ?

is the ps4 pro really better without a 4k tv or it needs a 4k tv to be of any significane ?

now please bear in mind that if indeed i will be waiting for a ps4 pro, it will be much later than november since i will be abroad from october and will not be able to get it till i am back again, i will be abroad for unspecified time, so should i just go for the slim version then ?

Any help will be appreciated, and thanks in advance :D

Edited by DARKHEARTRETURNS

Nobody can know how significant the difference is because nobody has one to compare games. But it will depend on developers and how they support the PS4 Pro.

You need a 4K HDR TV to use the HDR features.

Sony said that games will receive a boost even when played on 1080p TVs, but this again will depend on each developer and how they choose to support it.

Personally, I'm selling my PS4 now and upgrade to the Pro once it comes out.

Im in the exact same boat as you. What I'll do though is wait for it to come out and then watch digital foundrys comparisons with the vanilla ps4. If it yields significant results than the vanilla ps4 then I'll get it. That's how I'm going to decide.

Also like some guy said it depends on the developer if they want to optimize the game to run 1080p, 60 fps, or 4k 30 fps., etc..

Regardless though I'll get it during Xmas tim since there'll probably be deals and such in he holidays. Hope this helps.

Any questions, feel free to ask :)

• Like 3

I'm still on the PS3 and it's hard to know what to do

From what I can see there's the CUH-1000, CUH-1100, CUH-1200, CUH-2000 (Slim) and now CUH-7000 (Pro). Not sure where 3000-6000 went :hmm:

Won't be long before CUH-7500 with 4k blu-ray player, CUH-8000 which makes toast, CUH-8100 adds butter and jam.

It's all improving too fast to the point where I think that I'll be missing out in 6 months if I get the current model.

Might as well just stick with my 3 year PS3 backlog of games until they've finished faffing around.

"just wait for the actual thing to comes out then check it out and don't rush"

and for crying out loud don't random search the online for PS4 pro, i just checked the Internet and it's full of Playstation haters saying don't buy ps4 pro but instead get an Xbox one S or Scorpio when it's out and other fan boyism BS.

well XBONE or code name Scorpio don't have Uncharted or any other Playstation exclusive on them, people are buying a specific platform for the exclusive, not the darn features. personally I don't care about the VR nor the 4K gaming that's been hyped like crazy lately :l

Honestly, I'm pissed about this. I haven't had my PS4 for a year yet, and Sony is already replacing it. I mean, unless PS4 Pro will have all the same games PS4 original has, then I won't care. Otherwise, I'll have to get left behind in the digital dust, because I'm not dropping another $400-$500 bucks within a year, I can't afford it. 

Honestly, I'm pissed about this. I haven't had my PS4 for a year yet, and Sony is already replacing it. I mean, unless PS4 Pro will have all the same games PS4 original has, then I won't care. Otherwise, I'll have to get left behind in the digital dust, because I'm not dropping another $400-$500 bucks within a year, I can't afford it. 

They've already confirmed that many times. According to Sony, it's not a replacement, just an upgrade for those that want the very best graphics on console right now. 

Excited for it. Technically its a upgraded gpu, bigger hdd, more ram for 400$? what a damn steal. 

I always wanted the original Ps4 to have upgradeable parts, would had opened it up myself and change the rams, and gpu if it was possible already. HDD already changed to 2TB.

Now that SONY show their interest in upgrading system, the future of console gaming just got much brighter. Some will hate it.

Maybe we will finally catch up a bit more to the current gaming technology.

They slim, which they also announced at the same time as the pro, but never really talked about, is about the same level of hardware as your existing PS4. You think they'd announce that then leave it behind for the PS4 pro?

Sony made it clear in *every announcement* that the pro isn't replacing the non-pro, but complementing it, but whenever people talk about it, they leave out little, tiny details like that.

I'm in the same boat having my PS4 for about a year, but there might be a silver lining to this. I received my PS3 slim as a gift back in 2009 and played it nearly every day with few exceptions, however, back in 2014 it started getting louder and louder and heating up my battle station to absurd degrees(summer sucked that year). Now, you would think that I've been neglectful of my system but I assure you I had taken precautions as I had a 360 red ring 5 months prior with me not giving a damn about sending it in for the second time. So the PS3 slim was properly ventilated and still overheated, and you are probably wondering where I'm going with this. Well my friend purchased a fat PS3 a year before my slim and had about the same mileage as mine by that point with next to no regards to air flow.

Guess what? His still works to this day while I had to retire mine back then for fear of bricking and losing all my saves. It now sits at my mom's as a dedicated netflix and movie machine. My point is that maybe the PS4 slim or pro will have overheating problems that my slim had because of cutbacks on thermal paste and such, shortening longevity of the hardware. Or I was just extremely unlucky and got a defective system, but I have talked to people about this and they shared similar stories regarding the PS3 slim.

Also the PS4 pro is only a big deal if you want the 4k HDR and smoother frames with 1080p(assuming). So if it bugs you that much there might be some kind of trade in for your old PS4, albeit at a more than likely ripoff deal, but a trade nonetheless.