How difficult is this platinum?

NickMeister77

The only hard part is getting lucky with the perfectionist trophy. There's at least one luck based challenge in every run. It's even worse with some of the DLC where they can be glitchy too.

Also, gun challenges can be a pain. Don't get so attached to gun attachments that you aren't willing to let one go in order to buy a certain type you need kills with. It can be very disheartening to barely fail a challenge because one or two of your teammates won't buy another gun where you can all complete a challenge.

Ghosts is one of the easier call of duty games to platinum if not one of the easiest. The only hard part is the dlc trophies and those are rather simple to a point

speak for yourself. for me the challenges in extinction are very hard. solo it's doable but still not so easy and with randoms, very luck based,

speak for yourself. for me the challenges in extinction are very hard. solo it's doable but still not so easy and with randoms, very luck based,

I did it with just one other person and it was easy. The only time you get screwed is the leper challenge, which sometimes it spawns outside the map and never gets close.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This platinum is very easy 3/10 imo, the Extinction mode DLC trophies are whats hard in this game. Solo it requires a good strategy because you can easily die by getting overwhelmed but if you find high level randoms who knows what to do and even better if they have cryptic slayer ammo then its easy.

Edited by Hifumi Takimoto

• 3 months later...

Ghosts is by NO means a perfect COD game, but I find it quite enjoyable, and one of the reasons for this are it's trophies: Not too hard and not too easy (trying to get Point of Contact Completionist in your very first matches can be really frustating, though).

The game will present it's most challenging moments in the Veteran Campaign playthrough, completing Point of Contact with 4 players, an active relic and all the in-match challenges completed, and MAYBE reach round 20 in Safeguard (if you have 2 controllers, I seriously recommend doing it in split-screen, it's much easier that way. Else, find a boosting partner in the game sessions, or I can help you if you wanna). 

As for the DLC: if you ever try the DLCs (even for MP, as MP DLC maps are way better than the base maps), you'll (maybe) realize why Extinction is beloved by a not-too-small portion of the COD community, offering fast-paced combat and a skill upgrade tree that makes it a different (and enjoyable IMO) alternative to COD: Zombies, which I also happen to like a lot.

Trophy-wise, the Extinction DLC maps are somewhat less complicated, as you are no longer required to complete a map with 4 players, but the Active Relic and Completionist matches are still a requirement, adding some skill and luck-based trophies to the mix.

Personally, I recommend getting the game, just for Infected in MP and Extinction. Nowadays you can find the base game for as little as $5 (for PS3 and Xbox 360) or $9 (for PS4 and Xbox One) or, even better, do as I did and try to find a brand-new Hardened Edition with the game, season pass, and a paracord strap for as little as $35 (I got one for christmas for around $30). IMO, the amount of content you get outside of Extinction makes it worth it.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 24/02/2020 at 0:59 AM, ziggypop_79 said:

I was steaming through the main story trophies, only took me a couple of days, then to just realise I can’t platinum it due to the array of online achievements (I don’t play online). 

That's a pity, as good as the campaign is extinction is the best part of the game, and one of the best (if not the best) coop mp experience in cod.

• Like 4