Base cards done

Who have you battled in Velen? Have you faced the Baron or played Gwent: Velen players yet? Some of the cards, despite mentioning a specific location, are actually won against merchants or non quests. My only recommendation is, when you uncover a new town, every merchant you encounter in that town, see if you can play Gwent against them.

Unfortunately the cards that you win from merchants are random, or if they aren't then no one has a guide online as to which merchant gives you what. All you can do is go back to every merchant that plays Gwent and play them again. You will only get a card the first time you beat them. One way to know for sure if you haven't played them yet is that the merchant will have a longer "first time" dialogue. 

Unfortunately the cards that you win from merchants are random, or if they aren't then no one has a guide online as to which merchant gives you what. All you can do is go back to every merchant that plays Gwent and play them again. You will only get a card the first time you beat them. One way to know for sure if you haven't played them yet is that the merchant will have a longer "first time" dialogue. 

i realized that thanks, started going back to every person

The random merchant cards are stated under "non-renown" and aren't part of the area cards. The ones that Count are the ones you buy from Merchants and win from Gwent: Quests in the "area" . Check the cards from Uare2good's posted link, it says which are from which area (including random)

Edited by Morfea

The random merchant cards are stated under "non-renown" and aren't part of the area cards. The ones that Count are the ones you buy from Merchants and win from Gwent: Quests in the "area" . Check the cards from Uare2good's posted link, it says which are from which area (including random)

Thank you, I couldn't think of how to word it properly, but that's what I meant in my above post. There are merchants in Velen where you can buy cards from them. These are usually the ones people miss as they either just play them or don't buy anything from them to notice.

ok so i have been using the guide and the "miraculous guide to gwent" and currently it says this:

updated

Novigrad: 5

Skellige: 22 (odd as i have not been to here yet)

Kaer Morhen: 1

Non-Renown: 21

only 2 missable cards left. the ones from lambert and madman

The one from Lambert you get at Kaer Morhen when you return there.  Also, it mentions how many cards you're missing in Skellige even if you haven't been there as it mentions ALL cards in the game. You get "A Miraculous Guide to Gwent" in White Orchard BEFORE you ever go to Velen or Novigrad either, yet it'll show how many cards from each of those places you're missing as well. As to the card from Madman Lugos, when you unlock the Gwent: Skellige players (or whatever it's called) when you're capable of fighting Gremist (after he accepts you as an apprentice) he'll say Lugos has a good card. Go battle him immediately for his card. As you state, it can be missed and there's a reason for that, so once you can face him, do so ASAP.

The one from Lambert you get at Kaer Morhen when you return there.  Also, it mentions how many cards you're missing in Skellige even if you haven't been there as it mentions ALL cards in the game. You get "A Miraculous Guide to Gwent" in White Orchard BEFORE you ever go to Velen or Novigrad either, yet it'll show how many cards from each of those places you're missing as well. As to the card from Madman Lugos, when you unlock the Gwent: Skellige players (or whatever it's called) when you're capable of fighting Gremist (after he accepts you as an apprentice) he'll say Lugos has a good card. Go battle him immediately for his card. As you state, it can be missed and there's a reason for that, so once you can face him, do so ASAP.

been using the "miraculous guide" that is where the numbers are coming from. i am finally done with Velen and novigrad for now and heading to skellige