Capcom wants to keep remastering more of their games

smellslikejavier

Oh great, remasters instead of focusing on new games and IPs :facepalm:. Though I suppose Capcom messed up some new games too *glances at Street Fighter V*. I'd rather see a sequel to Dragon's Dogma or Monster Hunter then another remaster.

Capcom...make new games.

Or at the very least can we have some sequels to games like Onimusha, P.N.03, or maybe even a new Demon's Crest :D...ooh also a new Breath of Fire that isn't on Mobile

Erm they are making new games, RE7, Dead Rising 4, there's a rumor of a new Devil May Cry too...

Many companies are releasing remasters while still focusing on creating new games (Naughty Dog, Quantic Dream, etc...).

Since remasters are usually done by a small team or an external company like BluePoint games they don't interfere with the main team who is focusing on new games and IPs.

Edited by SupaTrupa1
  • Like 4

Erm they are making new games, RE7, Dead Rising 4, there's a rumor of a new Devil May Cry too...

Many companies are releasing remasters while still focusing on creating new games (Naughty Dog, Quantic Dream, etc...).

Since remasters are usually done by a small team or an external company like BluePoint games they don't interfere with the main team who is focusing on new games and IPs.

I'd love to see a new DMC game, but rumors are just exactly that.

Oh great, remasters instead of focusing on new games and IPs :facepalm:. Though I suppose Capcom messed up some new games too *glances at Street Fighter V*. I'd rather see a sequel to Dragon's Dogma or Monster Hunter then another remaster.

Monster Hunter on PS4 or Vita would be great. I don't understand why the keep making them for the 3DS, makes me a sad gamer. I'm begging you Capcom, bring it to me! 

• Like 1

Ooh two games and maybe a third...slow down Capcom you might work yourself to death.

• Like 2

It'd be hilarious if they remastered Devil Kings.

Not gonna lie, I'd shell out $20 for that game. Spent hours and hours and hours in it just slashing away. It was my first hack-n-slash kind of game ever and Im's so sad it broke :( Played it too damn much, lol. Also, a Haunting Ground remaster would be amazing, a sequel would be nice, and I was never a fan of the Outbreak Files series.

I'd love to see a new DMC game, but rumors are just exactly that.

That's true, but the other two are confirmed at least.

Ooh two games and maybe a third...slow down Capcom you might work yourself to death.

Games takes longer to be made with each new gen, I think GTA Vice City took like 1 year or less to be made while GTA 5 took 5 years. One can't expect new AAA games every 2 months nowadays.

Still those are the only ones that I can remember being confirmed, they might have new unannounced games too.

Edited by SupaTrupa1
  • Like 4

I do give Cacpom quite a bit of grief, really frustrating company, but I still hope for the return of the brand that was once an industry giant.   They have some great franchises under their belt but I'd much rather see sequels or at least re-imaginings of older titles than just a bit of spit and polish.

Dino Crisis, Onimusha, Chaos Legion and countless others would be more than welcome current gen, but re-imagine them, they'd sell.   Monster Hunter, bah, so many have been asking for so many years now, it's tiresome, but yeah, I'd bite the hand off any MH release on PS hardware, miss it.  :(

Not gonna lie, I'd shell out $20 for that game. Spent hours and hours and hours in it just slashing away. It was my first hack-n-slash kind of game ever and Im's so sad it broke :( Played it too damn much, lol. Also, a Haunting Ground remaster would be amazing, a sequel would be nice, and I was never a fan of the Outbreak Files series.

It was an okay game; I'd just find it funny because of all the effort they went through "Americanizing" the names and everything. But if you're seriously missing the game, it got 3 sequels over in Japan with the latter two getting "expansions". They brought over the 3rd base game as Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes, which has really cheap physical copies.