Capcom wants to keep remastering more of their games

smellslikejavier

Enough with the remasters, re-releases, re-what-the-fuck-ever editions and make new fucking games for fuck's sake! The Xbox One and PS4 are CHOKING on remasters!

Resident Evil 7, Dead Rising 4, Deep Down -apparently-, etc... they released Street Fighter V and Umbrella Corps some months ago too.

Thing is, this remasters are giving them tons of easy money, they won't be making them if there wasn't people buying them. So as long as they keep doing well, expect to keep seeing more re-everything.

Knowing capcom, probably cancelled.

I don't think it's cancelled, but looking at the Wiki it's development reads as a complete shambles, and apparently it's '4th' name trademark runs out Feb 2017, meaning they might possibly lose the name if the game doesn't release before then.    There also seems to be a concern on Unity that the game will be Japan only...   Capcom, the living embodiment of Peter Griffin.

Resident Evil 7, Dead Rising 4, Deep Down -apparently-, etc... they released Street Fighter V and Umbrella Corps some months ago too.

Thing is, this remasters are giving them tons of easy money, they won't be making them if there wasn't people buying them. So as long as they keep doing well, expect to keep seeing more re-everything.

It wasn't directed just towards Capcom. Companies in general need to chill with the remasters. Remasters make up more than half the library of current gen consoles and it's ridiculous.

Lol, as if that makes it any better :lol:.

It does, since apparently some people specifically complains that the PS4 gets too much remasters, when in reality 90% of them are being released on other platforms too.

It wasn't directed just towards Capcom. Companies in general need to chill with the remasters. Remasters make up more than half the library of current gen consoles and it's ridiculous.

That's true, but you can't blame them for doing so sadly, they are getting easy money and that's what every company wants, more money with little money investment.

Edited by Gevirein

This aren't PS4-exclusive remasters you know, all of their remasters are being released on either Xbox One or PC too, or both.

Well really I only focusing of how Sony mostly remaster the games where I wasn't really focusing on diffrent consoles or PC where its most likely every game but not all of them PS4 likes to remaster so many games and not released more variety for people to buy games of. Just noticing where I read a comment by some saying that the person think it ain't worth buying a ps4 because of these remastered type of games where I tend to agree by that.

Well really I only focusing of how Sony mostly remaster the games where I wasn't really focusing on diffrent consoles or PC where its most likely every game but not all of them PS4 likes to remaster so many games and not released more variety for people to buy games of. Just noticing where I read a comment by some saying that the person think it ain't worth buying a ps4 because of these remastered type of games where I tend to agree by that.

But this remasters are being made by Capcom only, Sony didn't asked them to remaster their games.

Dino Crisis, Chaos Legion and countless others would be more than welcome current gen, but re-imagine them, they'd sell.   Monster Hunter, bah, so many have been asking for so many years now, it's tiresome, but yeah, I'd bite the hand off any MH release on PS hardware, miss it.   :(

HOLY CRAP I forgot about these two, i feel so bad for doing so... I have Dino Crisis 1 and 2 on my PS3 right now as PSOne Classic too  :facepalm:

• Like 1

Never heard of it but I will have to check it out. Big fan of horror games and PS2 had the best in the genre imo. 

yeah its that kind of game that wasn't too well-known at its time but still gained a cult following during the years, although it surprises me you haven't heard of it if you say you are a big fan of horror games xD

i guess you haven't heard of Rule of Rose either then? since that's an even more rare survival horror from the PS2 era, it also had some similarity with haunting ground in terms of the protagonist being a female with a dog companion:

200909-24-143902-1.jpg

then you also have Clock Tower 3, which is from capcom too so i hope to see a remaster of it too:

Clock-Tower-3-PS2.jpg

other amazing PS2 survival horror games that might interest you and i don't know if you have heard of them are Obscure 1-2 and Fatal Frame 1-2-3 (known as Project Zero on europe).

Augh. I almost got excited cuz of the RE Outbreak image thinking theyre gonna remake it.. Or could they?

Either way they should remake on games we actually dont see often. I dont want to see another "resident evil 4 & knuckles HD remasteted final mix edition w/dante from devil may cry" fiasco..

yeah sorry about that haha. i just wanted to put some example of what they might have in plans for a remaster. i think the game that has more chances to get a new remaster is resident evil: code veronica x, although i'm not that much excited since they'll probably just use the same crappy PS3 trophy list with no platinum like what they did with the new RE4 remaster.

also, i think you are confusing remake for remaster, since they are completely different things. a remaster is about taking an old game and give it an HD treatment and not much else like what they did for RE1 remake, RE0, RE4, RE5, RE6 and the dead rising collection, while a remake (like the new upcoming RE2 remake) is taking an old game and remaking it from scratch like if they were doing a new next gen game.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Are you sure? Because the PS4 has over 1000 released or announced games, and Xbox One and Wii U have over 800 each. I'm pretty sure there haven't been over a thousand remasters this generation. In fact I'd be surprised if any of those consoles even had a tenth of that, but who knows, I could be wrong.

It's really not as big of a problem as you think it is. Actually, it's not a problem at all. If people didn't want remasters, they wouldn't be getting such high sales numbers, so it's obviously a good use of resources.

There are more new games coming out than you'll ever have the time to play, so let the target audience enjoy the remasters, let the publishers make use of the the profits and just play some of the many other games available to you.

• Like 2

yeah sorry about that haha. i just wanted to put some example of what they might have in plans for a remaster. i think the game that has more chances to get a new remaster is resident evil: code veronica x, although i'm not that much excited since they'll probably just use the same crappy PS3 trophy list with no platinum like what they did with the new RE4 remaster.

also, i think you are confusing remake for remaster, since they are completely different things. a remaster is about taking an old game and give it an HD treatment and not much else like what they did for RE1 remake, RE0, RE4, RE5, RE6 and the dead rising collection, while a remake (like the new upcoming RE2 remake) is taking an old game and remaking it from scratch like if they were doing a new next gen game.

Yeah I know I tend to say remake as remaster but i know the differences. I just mixed my words up.. Srry :x

But this remasters are being made by Capcom only, Sony didn't asked them to remaster their games.

True but even it is Capcom only doing the remaster themselves, I just saying in general most people can see that most games by each publisher releasing on ps4 are filled with remastered that most people think they don't want to get a ps4 if you see on fourms on the internet.

yeah its that kind of game that wasn't too well-known at its time but still gained a cult following during the years, although it surprises me you haven't heard of it if you say you are a big fan of horror games xD

i guess you haven't heard of Rule of Rose either then? since that's an even more rare survival horror from the PS2 era, it also had some similarity with haunting ground in terms of the protagonist being a female with a dog companion:

200909-24-143902-1.jpg

then you also have Clock Tower 3, which is from capcom too so i hope to see a remaster of it too:

Clock-Tower-3-PS2.jpg

other amazing PS2 survival horror games that might interest you and i don't know if you have heard of them are Obscure 1-2 and Fatal Frame 1-2-3 (known as Project Zero on europe).

Actually I have all the PS2 Fatal Frames on disc, I have beat all the Clock Tower ('96) on PS1 and Clock Tower 3 on PS2. I have played Rule of Roses but never beat it because it was only a Blockbuster rental when I was a kid. I have played Obscure: The Aftermath on Wii but didn't really care for it. Too cheesy for me. Haven't played the first game.

Seeing the quality of some of their remasters, *cough*RE5andDR2*cough*, I think I rather have re-releases.

They're in my mind just re-releases. When I say Capcom remaster, I think Resi 1 and 0 being redone completely (yes, I know the GameCube version's story), and what they're doing with Resi 2 in the future and whatnot. When they actually put effort in, I'm down. Resi 4, 5, and 6, are, at least in my opinion, just another re-release, same with Dead Rising. Like, sure, there's MINOR improvements, but most of those come with just being on a better system, easier to throw it at 1080 and shit, etc. whereas Resi 1 and 0's full on remasters are well worthwhile, well, worth doing, whether they're worth buying or not is up to the individual.