Capcom wants to keep remastering more of their games

smellslikejavier

I'm fine with this. A lot of remasters we can do without but I think most of CAPCOM's classics deserve a PS4 upgrade. Probably a smart idea for CAPCOM, no matter how you think about remasters. They seem to be profiting from these the most and that's enough evidence for them to keep making more. 

*chants* ONIMUSHA!! ONIMUSHA!! ONIMUSHA!!!

Couldn't agree more! If not a sequel at least remaster Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on the PS4 or port the PC version! :unsure:

A Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen Remaster would be wonderful!! I'm currently playing through it now. Such a good game.

• Like 2

I think MH made similar sales on PSP/Vita too.   In fact, if I'm not mistaken, MHFU sold more than any other MH title, coming in at around 5.5m, whilst MHP3rd shifted 4.8m, both more than anything the DS/Wii has sold.   Granted both of those have a number of years on the Nin. titles but still.   Some have argued the loss of MH is the reason Vita sales have never hit the heights, and I think there's a truth in there somewhere, especially in Japan.

I'd take new MH on Vita, but I do agree MH on the PS4 would be amazing.   :)

Wiki is saying different numbers for MHU, Wiki has it at 3.6 million by the end of June 2014. While that's good, its not as good as 3DS MH sales, the 3DS MH versions make 2 million in a few months on average which benefits Capcom more. I'm not saying that a Vita version couldn't do gangbusters but compared to the 3DS version but it would probably be a time waster plus the Vita version would look pretty poor considering the 3DS version would hold it down. The other thing that would stop a potential version is the west, while a Vita MH may do good, that same success won't translate to the west. The 3DS version of MH4 shipped 1 million in NA and EU, a Vita version wouldn't even get 1/20th of that.

Maybe I'm wrong but at the moment, Vita isn't killing anything at the moment.

Edited by FlareXV

Just a dream I have, but....

How about a true Darkstalkers compilation/re-make/re-master, something that is a true love letter to Darkstalkers fans. A package that would include:

1) All three classic Darkstalkers games (Darkstalkers, Night Warriors: Darkstalker's Revenge and Darkstalkers 3)

2) HD remade graphics (ala' Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix)

3) loads of bonus content (behind the sceens footage, documentary, new game modes, etc.)

4) trophy support (30-40 trophies per game)

Edited by The_Blackout_Kid
  • Like 1

Hoping for Power Stone :D and Power Stone 2 because I never got to play it.

The second game was fun as hell if you could get three friends together. Sadly they already re-released them as a psp collection and capcom likes to keep the majority of their old franchises dead and buried. A fraction of my soul crumbled when I witnessed the Regina and Edward Falcon costumes in the DR3 dlc: super dead franchise edition.

I'd be all for a remaster of Resident Evil Outbreak 1 and 2, only if it would include the multiplayer as that is where most of the fun came from on that game. It'd also be nice if they paired all regions together. I'm also aware that you can still play the game online via a custom made server for PS2 on the Japanese version.

Now this game is truly a gem that more people need to experience. While the gameplay wasn't great and felt very stiff, the lore and story of the game if you paid attention was phenomenal and why most of its fan-base love the game, including me. With how obscure and expensive the game is now, a lot of people wont experience it unless they play on an emulator, unfortunately.

yeah i only can see videos of it 'cause the game is extremely difficult to find and the few available copies are incredibly expensive and well emulators don't work well on my pc, they constantly lag, crash or have glitches so i'd rather 100% prefer to have at least a ps2 emulation on ps4 of it with trophy support.

apparently the game had a lot of controversy due to its child abuse and sexuality among children content or something like that, so that's why there was so much trouble with it to bring it to other countries, it was banned on the UK i think. so hopefully since sony published it on japan and seeing how they are just mainly releasing their ps2-published catalogue and rockstar's catalogue for the ps2-to-ps4 thing it would be awesome to see that game finally getting a re-release. 

Oh wow. Yeah I will have to check it out if I ever get a chance. Maybe check out a couple gamestops and pawn shops. I have found some pretty rare old games at pawn shops.

A little off topic but have you ever played Shadow of Destiny? (Not sure if it had the same name in EU) It is a Konami game for PS2 and I really enjoyed it as when I was younger. It tells a pretty interesting story and I don't think I have played a game like that since. Here is the Wikipedia link if you want to read about it some and aren't familiar with it.

yeah trust me, they are like completely different games! it even seems like the sequel was made by some cheap indie company instead. i believe since the sequel was also released for the wii and psp that's why they limited the game so much on every aspect and made it easier.

so believe me when i said that the first game is 100000000000 times better than the sequel in every. possible. aspect.

so hopefully you'll get to play it at some point.

yes i know shadow of memories/destiny! a friend of mine from the forums talked to me about it and i liked it, i'm really hoping for konami to join the ps2-to-ps4 emulation so we can enjoy all of their ps2 games with trophy support on the ps4: shadow of memories/destiny, silent hill, metal gear, etc...

Wiki is saying different numbers for MHU, Wiki has it at 3.6 million by the end of June 2014. While that's good, its not as good as 3DS MH sales, the 3DS MH versions make 2 million in a few months on average which benefits Capcom more. I'm not saying that a Vita version couldn't do gangbusters but compared to the 3DS version but it would probably be a time waster plus the Vita version would look pretty poor considering the 3DS version would hold it down. The other thing that would stop a potential version is the west, while a Vita MH may do good, that same success won't translate to the west. The 3DS version of MH4 shipped 1 million in NA and EU, a Vita version wouldn't even get 1/20th of that.

Maybe I'm wrong but at the moment, Vita isn't killing anything at the moment.

According to the pages I have open now there does seem to be conflicting data:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/18542/monster-hunter-freedom-unite/     MHFU-5.5m, MHP3rd-4.87m

Whereas:

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Best_selling_Capcom_games     MHFU-3.7m, MHP3rd-4.8m

I'm inclined to believe the latter as it states officialdom, but it's definitely at odds with my long held belief that MHFU was their best selling MH to date...I'm positive I've heard from many sources over the years that MHFU shipped over 5m.   That said, it's worth noting that P3rd (using the latter numbers), a Japan only title, is the best seller in the franchise, a game released on PS handhelds...and the PS3.   I think the catch 22 with the Vita is tied to the MH franchise, had it stayed with PS then it's entirely possible the Vita would have moved big numbers, even if that was predominantly Japan, and consequently there'd likely have been more interest in the handheld by all concerned, Sony, devs and gamer alike.   I do appreciate it's all speculative though.

I think a lot of the difference with MH on Nin. hardware over recent iterations is simply down to the fact Nin. have pushed the franchise much more than Sony ever did, possibly less competition too.   Maybe that's why it's absent from PS, not sure.   I agree a Vita version is problematic, unless it has it's own entry, but Capcom aren't going to do that, however, I don't see why they couldn't localise P3rd and tweak it for PS4, at least take some chance on the franchise with PS and the west, it's not like it didn't have a home here to begin with!   :)

Here's hoping...(been saying this for years lol).

Edited by RedMustang72

Just a dream I have, but....

How about a true Darkstalkers compilation/re-make/re-master, something that is a true love letter to Darkstalkers fans. A package that would include:

1) All three classic Darkstalkers games (Darkstalkers, Night Warriors: Darkstalker's Revenge and Darkstalkers 3)

2) HD remade graphics (ala' Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix)

3) loads of bonus content (behind the sceens footage, documentary, new game modes, etc.)

4) trophy support (30-40 trophies per game)

Don't forget the platinum trophy!!

• Like 1

So I was looking through Capcom's catalogue and I begin to wonder which games will they be planning to remaster next? since they had success with the Survival Horror remasters I guess they are going to release more of them, especially the ones that were already mentioned on this thread by some users: Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Haunting Ground and Resident Evil: Outbreak Files 1 and 2. I won't hold my breath for other Survival Horrors from their catalogue like Clock Tower 3, Resident Evil: Dead Aim, etc since I don't think they'll sale that well and I don't think Capcom is going to take that risk.

They did take the risk to remaster the REmake despite its original release on GameCube being a failure though.

Giving the high demand I think Code Veronica and both Outbreak have the most chances to be remastered.

But maybe they will try to focus on non-Horror games too, and they'll bring Viewtiful Joe, Monster Hunter, maybe Okami and Remember Me too. Among others. Who knows.

Edited by SupaTrupa1

Hey Capcom - how 'bout remastering some of your classics from the NES and SNES era?

in that case they could bring the 'capcom classic collection' volume 1 and volume 2 that were released on ps2 as either a remaster of some kind or as part of the ps2 emulation on ps4. or they could also bring the 'capcom arcade cabinet' that was released for the ps3.

• Like 1

I'd prefer new games like a sequel to Remember Me for example. But I'd actually kind of like a remaster for PS4, haha.

Still, I like how they remastered the old Resident Evil games, I can't wait to get the remake of 1 and 0. :)

But isn't better to get the remake of 2? They already did remake of 1 and 0 for Gamecube, then they remastered for PS4.