Capcom wants to keep remastering more of their games

smellslikejavier

Oh okay, yeah, you should play with them, they're good games, but start with Zero. It's a prequel game to the first Resident Evil game, so...

I've never played 1 and 0 though, so it'd be a new experience to me!

Nah personally I would recommend to start with the REmake, it might be a prequel but RE0 is a little harder than the REmake and not so good compared to it in my opinion. RE0 was also released after the REmake.

So in my opinion you should start with the REmake first since its a much more enjoyable game than 0 and better than it in many ways (giving all its different outcomes and endings, and all those different cutscenes). Otherwise if you play 0 first then you probably will be left with a sour taste.

I'm not saying that RE0 is bad, as a Survival Horror and as a Resident Evil game is way better than any of the recent titles of the franchise, but personally I feel is the "least enjoyable" or memorable old-school RE game.

Edited by SupaTrupa1
  • Like 1

Nah personally I would recommend to start with the REmake, it might be a prequel but RE0 is a little harder than the REmake and not so good compared to it in my opinion. RE0 was also released after the REmake.

So in my opinion you should start with the REmake first since its a much more enjoyable game than 0 and better than it in many ways (giving all its different outcomes and endings, and all those different cutscenes). Otherwise if you play 0 first then you probably will be left with a sour taste.

I'm not saying that RE0 is bad, as a Survival Horror and as a Resident Evil game is way better than any of the recent titles of the franchise, but personally I feel is the "least enjoyable" or memorable old-school RE game.

I've never played 1 and 0 though, so it'd be a new experience to me!

Oh that's right! I forgot how hard Resident Evil Zero is....Like Supa said, Dante, it's better you should start with the first one, then you can play the Zero one.

• Like 1

in that case they could bring the 'capcom classic collection' volume 1 and volume 2 that were released on ps2 as either a remaster of some kind or as part of the ps2 emulation on ps4. or they could also bring the 'capcom arcade cabinet' that was released for the ps3.

Heck yeah, they could. I loved those games on the PS2 (I still play them today). And talk about tough plats...

knowing Crapcom they wouldn't put the platinum in the game, just look at the RE4 for the PS4. :/ 

i think that was different, since giving that they already had a previous trophy list created for the game they just re-used it for that remaster. someone said before that microsoft's rules about achievements affected RE4's trophy list and that's why it got just a few trophies and no plat, but apparently now their rules have changed.

take at look at the resident evil remake and resident evil zero remasters, those two games have less content than resident evil 4 and still they got more than 40 trophies and a platinum each.

so you should expect to see that any new remaster from them that didn't got a ps3 remaster before will probably get a platinum this time, sadly this probably won't be applied to code veronica in case they decide to remaster it again, since they are probably going to use the same trophy list from the ps3 version, which means no plat.

i think that was different, since giving that they already had a previous trophy list created for the game they just re-used it for that remaster. someone said before that microsoft's rules about achievements affected RE4's trophy list and that's why it got just a few trophies and no plat, but apparently now their rules have changed.

take at look at the resident evil remake and resident evil zero remasters, those two games have less content than resident evil 4 and still they got more than 40 trophies and a platinum each.

so you should expect to see that any new remaster from them that didn't got a ps3 remaster before will probably get a platinum this time, sadly this probably won't be applied to code veronica in case they decide to remaster it again, since they are probably going to use the same trophy list from the ps3 version, which means no plat.

True, i forgot to edit my post before i got distracted with Uncharted 4. I really wish we would of got the plat for 4 :( here's hoping we get it for the PS5 since game devs will likely do the same thing with the PS5 like they are doing with the PS4. anything for cash grabs. 

Well if they do it in moderation it should be fine, I'd like to see Capcom bring a PowerStone Collection, Mega-Man: Battle Network Collection, Mega-Man Powered Up & Maverick Hunter X Collection, Viewtiful Joe Collection, Okami HD, P.N.03 Remastered and Remember Me Remastered on PS4/Xone.

showposter.jpg?v=502133b9

Edited by Shaowsintzu

True, i forgot to edit my post before i got distracted with Uncharted 4. I really wish we would of got the plat for 4 :( here's hoping we get it for the PS5 since game devs will likely do the same thing with the PS5 like they are doing with the PS4. anything for cash grabs. 

i wish but something tells me they'll just keep reusing the same list if that happens...- i'm honestly curious to know if devs will remaster all their games all over again for the ps5 and if sony will re-release all of their ps2 emulations again on ps5. probably some of them won't, i don't know i just don't think people will buy a remaster again unless it shows a huge graphical difference compared to the last remaster. but you never know...

anyways i'm mostly interested to see capcom finally remastering haunting ground, both resident evil outbreak and clock tower 3 at some point. maybe dead aim like supatrupa1 mentioned. i don't really have much interest for anything else in their catalogue, and like i said i would've requested code veronica but without a plat i won't bother to play it again.

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

Oh okay, yeah, you should play with them, they're good games, but start with Zero. It's a prequel game to the first Resident Evil game, so...

The reason the game is a prequel is why you should play it after 1, if it was meant to be played first it would've been released first, prequels are made to answer questions left form the other games, and are made with knowledge that you already played the other games already. Playing a prequel will spoil the previous games and it won't flow as well, they usually have some improvements over the other games so in a gameplay point of view it won't flow as well (not the case with this 2 games mind you, but generally speaking).

Bottom line is, if it's the first time playing through a series, always do it by release, never chronologically.

Is there any word on if the DLC for the Dead Rising games is gonna come out (Case Zero, Case West) for PS4 as well? 

The Dead Rising Facebook page stated that there are currently no plans to bring Case Zero and Case West to other platforms. 

That's really lame if you ask me. They should have integrated them into DR2's story.

Agreed 1000x though if they did a remaster of Dragon's Dogma with save transfer i would not complain

I already put like 300 hours into Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (about 200 of those were spent on Bitterblack Isle), reached the max level, upgraded my equipment to the highest rank, and already got a complete set of every lvl 3 armor. Not sure there would be anything left to do, except for collecting lvl 3 weapons :dunno:.

Why not both? I doubt remasters take much work - all the content is already there and developed, they just have to make it look better.

That works too, I'm just a bit tired of seeing games re-released. I miss the days of new games and IPs.

That works too, I'm just a bit tired of seeing games re-released. I miss the days of new games and IPs.

Bloodborne, Until Dawn, The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn, Detroit Become Human, DriveClub, The Order 1886, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Uncharted 4, Infamous Second Son, Infamous First Light, Gran Turismo Sport, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Dreams, God of War, Spiderman, Ratchet and Clank, etc...

We certainly don't get new games or new IPs anymore...

• Like 1