Capcom wants to keep remastering more of their games

smellslikejavier

I already put like 300 hours into Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (about 200 of those were spent on Bitterblack Isle), reached the max level, upgraded my equipment to the highest rank, and already got a complete set of every lvl 3 armor. Not sure there would be anything left to do, except for collecting lvl 3 weapons :dunno:.

That works too, I'm just a bit tired of seeing games re-released. I miss the days of new games and IPs.

More or less the same with DDA, Bitterblack was great, the Ur-Dragon...   Loved DDA, the game was great itself but the prospect of improving it with a sequel was salivating, but what do we get?  Well nothing for us but side-row seats to a Japan only F2P, thanks Capcom, thanks yet again for more nonsense decisions.

Saw MH Stories the other day, although it's not the MH game I know and love, it's looked pretty cool tbh, but of course, and even though I knew it'd be a J-only title, a Nin. title, I was still seething at the injustice of it all.  I've never, ever, been so petty to boycott a company, or dev (Hello Games are under review), but man are Capcom really pushing my buttons nowadays.   

Whatever they decide to cash-grab, I mean remaster, I'm expecting to be disappointed, somehow, I'm sure of it.  :(

Bloodborne, Until Dawn, The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn, Detroit Become Human, DriveClub, The Order 1886, Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Uncharted 4, Infamous Second Son, Infamous First Light, Gran Turismo Sport, Days Gone, Death Stranding, Dreams, God of War, Spiderman, Ratchet and Clank, etc...

We certainly don't get new games or new IPs anymore...

Yes that is a nice list of games, too bad there are still lots more remasters/HD ports/whatever name developers give it nowadays. I'm pretty sure there are still some games missing, but this should be the bulk of them.

PS3

• Assassin's Creed III Liberation
  • Beyond Good & Evil
  • Cel Damage
  • Devil May Cry
  • Devil May Cry 2
  • Devil May Cry 3
  • Dragon Ball Z Budokai
  • Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3
  • Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce 2
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • God of War
  • God of War II
  • God of War Chains of Olympus
  • God of War Ghost of Sparta
  • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
  • Hitman 2 Silent Assassin
  • Hitman Contracts
  • Hitman Blood Money
  • ICO
  • Jak & Daxter The Precursor Legacy
  • Jak II
  • Jak 3
  • Killzone
  • Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
  • K-On Houkago Live
  • Medal of Honor Frontline
  • Metal Gear Solid Sons of Liberty
  • Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater
  • Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
  • Okami HD
  • Prince of Persia Sands of Time
  • Prince of Persia Warrior Within
  • Prince of Persia The Two Thrones
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Ratchet & Clank 2 Going Commando
  • Ratchet & Clank 3 Up Your Arsenal
  • Ratchet Deadlocked
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil Code Veronic X
  • Ryu Ga Gotoku
  • Ryu Ga Gotoku 2
  • Sengoku Basara
  • Sengoku Basara 2
  • Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes
  • Samurai Warriors 2
  • Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends
  • Samurai Warriors Empires
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Silent Hill 3
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
  • Sly 2 Band of Thieves
  • Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves
  • Splinter Cell
  • Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
  • Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
  • Soul Calibur II
  • Syberia
  • Syberia II
  • Tekken Tag Tournament
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue
  • Tomb Raider Legend
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary
  • Tomb Raider Underworld
  • The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky
  • Zone of the Enders
  • Zone of the Enders The 2nd Runner

PSVita

• Cel Damage
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • God of War 
  • God of War II
  • Jak & Daxter The Precursor Legacy
  • Jak II
  • Jak 3
  • Metal Gear Solid Sons of Liberty
  • Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Ratchet & Clank 2 Going Commando
  • Ratchet & Clank 3 Up Your Arsenal
  • Samurai Warriors 2
  • Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends
  • Samurai Warriors Empires
  • Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
  • Sly 2 Band of Thieves
  • Sly 3 Honor Among Thieves
  • The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky

PS4

• Assassin's Creed II
  • Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
  • Assassin's Creed Revelations
  • Batman Arkham Asylum
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Beyond Two Souls
  • Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Borderlands 2
  • Borderlands The Pre-Sequel
  • Bully
  • Call of Duty Modern Warfare
  • Castlestorm
  • Cel Damage
  • Constructor
  • Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin
  • Darksiders
  • Darksiders II
  • Dead Rising
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Rising 2 Off the Record
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • DmC: Devil May Cry
  • Dishonored
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • God of War III
  • Gravity Rush
  • Grand Theft Auto 3
  • Grand Theft Auto Vice City
  • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
  • Heavy Rain
  • Injustice Gods Among Us
  • Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
  • Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Saints Row IV
  • Skyrim
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Sword Art Online Re:Hollow Fragment
  • The Last of Us
  • Tomb Raider
  • Uncharted Drake's Fortune
  • Uncharted 2 Among Thieves
  • Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception

More or less the same with DDA, Bitterblack was great, the Ur-Dragon...   Loved DDA, the game was great itself but the prospect of improving it with a sequel was salivating, but what do we get?  Well nothing for us but side-row seats to a Japan only F2P, thanks Capcom, thanks yet again for more nonsense decisions.

Saw MH Stories the other day, although it's not the MH game I know and love, it's looked pretty cool tbh, but of course, and even though I knew it'd be a J-only title, a Nin. title, I was still seething at the injustice of it all.  I've never, ever, been so petty to boycott a company, or dev (Hello Games are under review), but man are Capcom really pushing my buttons nowadays.   

Whatever they decide to cash-grab, I mean remaster, I'm expecting to be disappointed, somehow, I'm sure of it.   :(

Yeah I agree :highfive:. It's a shame both Deep Down and the MMO-ish sequel are exclusive to Japan.

I know that feeling :(.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Yes that is a nice list of games, too bad there are still lots more remasters/HD ports/whatever name developers give it nowadays. I'm pretty sure there are still some games missing, but this should be the bulk of them.

That's a little bit unfair considering I only mentioned PS4-exclusives while you mentioned multi platform titles and also included PS3 and Vita games.

If I had mentioned new games that were released on the PS3, the PS Vita and the PS4 without only limiting myself to exclusives like you did then there will still be thousands more new games and new IPs across all those platforms than remasters.

Destiny, The Division, Dishonored 2, Don't Starve, The Bunker, Virginia, Mafia 3, The Witness, Life is Strange, etc... the list is just too big to mention them all, just by taking a look at this list regularly: http://psnprofiles.com/games you'll see that there are far more new games than remasters coming out, including indies, AAA, AA, A-only games, F2P, etc...

Edited by SupaTrupa1

That's a little bit unfair considering I only mentioned PS4-exclusives while you mentioned multi platform titles and also included PS3 and Vita games.

If I had mentioned new games that were released on the PS3, the PS Vita and the PS4 without only limiting myself to exclusives like you did then there will still be thousands more new games and new IPs across all those platforms than remasters.

Destiny, The Division, Dishonored 2, Don't Starve, The Bunker, Virginia, Mafia 3, The Witness, Life is Strange, etc... the list is just too big to mention them all, just by taking a look at this list regularly: http://psnprofiles.com/games you'll see that there are far more new games than remasters coming out, including indies, AAA, AA, A-only games, F2P, etc...

I fail to see how that's unfair. I'm just trying to explain why I'm so fed up about so many remasters/HD ports/definitive editions/etc, which started on the PS3 and Vita.

I fail to see how that's unfair. I'm just trying to explain why I'm so fed up about so many remasters/HD ports/definitive editions/etc, which started on the PS3 and Vita.

The way you said it made it seems like you said there are more remasters than new games across all the platforms: "too bad there are still lots more remasters/HD ports/whatever name developers give it nowadays". If you've just said "there are many remasters this days" I would agree, but I don't agree when someone says there are more remasters than new games because that's not true at all.

Edited by SupaTrupa1

The way you said it made it seems like you said there are more remasters than new games across all the platforms: "too bad there are still lots more remasters/HD ports/whatever name developers give it nowadays". If you've just said "there are many remasters this days" I would agree, but I don't agree when someone says there are more remasters than new games because that's not true at all.

The part "there are still lots more" refers to a comparison to your list as in "compared to the list you posted there are still lots more".

The part "there are still lots more" refers to a comparison to your list as in "compared to the list you posted there are still lots more".

I should've made a list that also incorporated PS3 and Vita games and multi platform titles and not limit myself to PS4 exclusives then, but it would've taken me forever.

Edited by SupaTrupa1

I've never played 1 and 0 though, so it'd be a new experience to me!

The reason the game is a prequel is why you should play it after 1, if it was meant to be played first it would've been released first, prequels are made to answer questions left form the other games, and are made with knowledge that you already played the other games already. Playing a prequel will spoil the previous games and it won't flow as well, they usually have some improvements over the other games so in a gameplay point of view it won't flow as well (not the case with this 2 games mind you, but generally speaking).

Bottom line is, if it's the first time playing through a series, always do it by release, never chronologically.

What Devil_Spooky said is true, prequels have high chances to have spoilers since they are created after the original game is released.

I also recommend to always play your games by release like Spooky said, also 'cause gameplay wise is harder to go back to an older gameplay style if you play a sequel or a prequel first and then you decide to play an older entry of said franchise.

And I agree, RE1 remake is way better than RE0. So I recommend you to play RE1 first and then continue with 0, Kat.

So I was looking through Capcom's catalogue and I begin to wonder which games will they be planning to remaster next? since they had success with the Survival Horror remasters I guess they are going to release more of them, especially the ones that were already mentioned on this thread by some users: Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Haunting Ground and Resident Evil: Outbreak Files 1 and 2. I won't hold my breath for other Survival Horrors from their catalogue like Clock Tower 3, Resident Evil: Dead Aim, etc since I don't think they'll sale that well and I don't think Capcom is going to take that risk.

They did take the risk to remaster the REmake despite its original release on GameCube being a failure though.

Giving the high demand I think Code Veronica and both Outbreak have the most chances to be remastered.

But maybe they will try to focus on non-Horror games too, and they'll bring Viewtiful Joe, Monster Hunter, maybe Okami and Remember Me too. Among others. Who knows.

Code Veronica will probably be their highest priority to remaster again, although you forgot to mention both Resident Evil: Chronicles. Don't know if they are going to remaster them but if Capcom wants to continue with remasters so badly then you never know.

Both Outbreak were highly requested on their Facebook's account with its MP online support enabled, and I think they are going to have great success with them if they decide to remaster them actually, since both Outbreak combines the excellent success they had with the Survival Horror RE1 remake remaster and they have multiplayer support which might attract many players, probably whoever liked Resi 5, 6 and Operation Raccoon City's multiplayer aspect.

Edited by Gevirein

What Devil_Spooky said is true, prequels have high chances to have spoilers since they are created after the original game is released.

I also recommend to always play your games by release like Spooky said, also 'cause gameplay wise is harder to go back to an older gameplay style if you play a sequel or a prequel first and then you decide to play an older entry of said franchise.

And I agree, RE1 remake is way better than RE0. So I recommend you to play RE1 first and then continue with 0, Kat.

Code Veronica will probably be their highest priority to remaster again, although you forgot to mention both Resident Evil: Chronicles. Don't know if they are going to remaster them but if Capcom wants to continues with remasters so badly then you never know.

Both Outbreak were highly requested on their Facebook's account with its MP online support, and I think they are going to have great success with them if they decide to remaster them actually, since they combine the excellent success they had with the Survival Horror RE1 remake remaster and they have multiplayer support which might attract many players, probably whoever liked Resi 5, 6 and Operation Raccoon City's multiplayer aspect.

That's what I'll end up doing, I've got more interest in RE1 as of now. :)

If they did Dragons Dogma I'd be so happy, not a huge fan of the resi series tbh, except for the first 3.

I'd like to see new trophies that incorporate all of the Dark Arisen stuff. There were so many good ideas in Dragon's Dogma that should be developed further. It wasn't my favorite game (although I did like it), but I really liked the potential of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is this a Dino Crisis thread?

This sure looks like a Dino Crisis thread

No - its an Onimusha appreciation thread   B)

There's just not enough love for this great franchise -just port them to the VITA directly as they are or remaster them for the PS4 and I will be a happy chappy

Also give people the option to change the controls settings like with Resident Evil so people wont moan about the tank controls (I personally wouldn't change the controls but I know a lot of people are put off by the original tank control scheme)

God I love the Onimusha series  :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Capcom truly made some of the best horror games back in the PS2-Era

If they're doing remasters I hope for

Haunting Ground

Clock Tower Collection

Resident Evil Outbreak: Complete File

If Capcom releases these I can accept any other trash they throw out as I'll be so happy

i agree. although i think they only own clock tower 3 right? i don't think they own the rights of the previous ones, could be wrong though.

there's other even more rare ps2 survival horror game from them called "glass rose", i'd like to try that one too.