$20 NA eShop code giveaway riddle.

angelgrievous

Hello everyone, I'm back with a new riddle to try and give away this eShop card.  xFalionx won the last time but couldn't use the card due to region restrictions i was unaware of.  I am still going to get him something for winning but, I still have this card so...

This is for a NA region eShop $20 code.  It is only good for the WiiU or 3DS systems.  I would love to give away something that anyone can use and I probably will at some point but I have this card and I can't use it so I want to give it away.  Here's the riddle.  It might be tough so I will drop clues if/when needed. 

I am before the Dragonborn

but I am not related.

I am a father, dead

good with God, though I have sinned.

Being misled was my first victory.

What game am I?

First correct guess gets the code.  You can guess in the thread or the PM me.  I'll probably see the thread replies first though.

Good Luck. :D

*edited to remove the space in Dragonborn.

Edited by angelgrievous
  • Like 1

The original game would seem to meet all of the criteria:

Released prior to Skyrim, and unrelated to that franchise.

Ray is a former killer turned holy man.

He is a father figure who dies at the end.

Towards the beginning of the game you are duped into believing a bunch of bandits are actually Texas Rangers.

I'm sure there is some word trickery I am missing out on but I honestly thought that had it. I think I've expended all of my guesses :P

Edited by Andrea

I cant use the code, but I will guess as well: Dante's Inferno

I am before the Dragonborn (the game was released in 2010)

but I am not related. (it is from a different dev, if the "Dragonborn" part is about Skyrim)

I am a father, dead (the main character is dead)

good with God, though I have sinned. (MC is a Crusader, fighting in God's name, but commits many atrocities and ends in hell)

Being misled was my first victory. (MC's first victory was against Death, but he was already dead and was being used by the devil himself)

The original game would seem to meet all of the criteria:

Released prior to Skyrim, and unrelated to that franchise.

Ray is a former killer turned holy man.

He is a father figure who dies at the end.

Towards the beginning of the game you are duped into believing a bunch of bandits are actually Texas Rangers.

I'm sure there is some word trickery I am missing out on but I honestly thought that had it. I think I've expended all of my guesses :P

This is some good detective work but as you said, there is some word trickery.  The answer is not so obvious.  

Metal Gear Solid 3 ?

Nope.

but I am not related. (it is from a different dev, if the "Dragonborn" part is about Skyrim)

good with God, though I have sinned. (MC is a Crusader, fighting in God's name, but commits many atrocities and ends in hell)

Being misled was my first victory. (MC's first victory was against Death, but he was already dead and was being used by the devil himself)

Nice one.

This is a good one but, the answers are not literal to the clues given.  There are other doors once first doors are open.