Resident Evil VII: Biohazard Discussion Thread

250px-Resident_Evil_7_logo.jpg

Developer: Capcom

Publisher:Capcom

Director: Koshi Nakanishi

Release date: January 24, 2017, January 36, 2016 (JP)

Genre: Survival Horror

Mode: Single player

Resident Evil VII Biohazard trailer

IGN playing RE VII 11/30/16

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/30/answering-3-important-questions-about-resident-evil-7

Edited by Paige
  • Like 4

Seems it's an update to the teaser that's been available since RE7 has been revealed at E3 this year. New update says there's a new area that has been added to the teaser. I'm playing it now, and says I'm playing the "Twilight" ver. Finished the demo, but still ends the same it does usually. And I finished with the ending in where you try to leave the house with the door key. I noticed that the game looks a bit different now? I think there's also new pictures, or rather, they're been replaced with? Ones throughout the house, I mean. I've noticed one that is different. I think one new picture shows the family that you see in the new trailer. And now you can combine the dummy finger with another item? I don't think that feature was available before. I mean, you could see the option, but you couldn't even try to combine it, I think? Correct me if wrong. Dunno if what I just expressed are new things, or they've always been there. I'm replaying again, so I'll see what's what, and if maybe I'm just overlooking things. Haven't looked up anything online yet, to see if anyone has any new details.

EDIT: Just used the fuse, went upstairs, inside the room with the phone, and there's usually when you went inside, right in front of you there's always a wall. Now it's broken, so you can go through... There's another exit now, huh. And of course, you need a key. There's a ladder you can climb, and there's a window you could climb out that leads to outside. But again, need a key. Guess I'll go looking for one, if you even can, that is. under the bed in the same room, there's handgun ammo. There's already a bunch of new stuff, neat. And there's a "Basement Key" in the same room on a table. Then after that, the phone nearby rang, I answered, and you get the same ending. But when you answer, you get a different answer this time around. There's more stuff you can do (so I hope) but I guess I'll keep discovering. There's writing on the walls in the new room that you can read/inspect. When you get really close to the door that you could never access, the one that's to your right once you get out of the room you start in at the beginning of the demo, you can hear demonic-like voices. I don't think you could hear that before. And I just got startled cause when I walked away from the door, the door was banged into, lol.Went into the VHS world, used the lockpick on the drawer in where the axe can be picked up when back during the present, and used it to destroy boxes in the new room in the attic, and found more handgun ammo from one of the boxed I destroyed. In the new room in the attic, you can find "object made of celluloid" between some TVs beside the ladder that you can climb.I'm combined it with the dummy finger. and it formed into  a "dummy's left hand" I had to finish my game session for the night, as I gotta go to sleep. I ended up just answering the phone that was still ringing, and got the same ending. No idea as to how I could progress further than that. Guess the goal is to find a gun, now to do something with the dummy left hand, and find use for the basement key? I found 4 handgun bullets, wonder if it's possible to use a gun in this ver. of the demo. If so, maybe it can be used to attack the man that walks by in the hall when you pick up the backdoor key? Since if you do try to run after him, he disappears. Oh well, hopefully when I wake up, I'll see what other new things people have discovered.

Edited by A Flopping Brawl3r

Yup new stuff was added on the demo. People on the RE Sub Reddit have found a couple of new things already.

Anyway this translated interview of RE VII was posted on Reddit. The producers talk about the various the characters we saw on the trailer, weapons, etc.

-The people at the dinner table include Jack and Marguerite Baker, Andre from the demo, but more so it reveals the name of the son in the dinner shot is in fact Lucas Baker, and the elderly woman is Camile Baker. The image mentions that this piece of art is made for Tokyo Game Show, and is not representative of the final game. Some of the characters won't be in the final game. (I'm guessing they mean Andre). However, they do mention Camile & Lucas will play roles in the game, and that Lucas is a major character.

-Mia is someone that Ethan is 'close with'.

-Video tapes and other methods are used to 'alter events' during the course of the game.

-There are no hordes of enemies in Resident Evil 7, the enemies are more personalized and stalkerish, but can be combated and defeated.

-The Lantern gameplay shown off recently is a taste of one of the aspects of RE7. You'll face the enemies in tougher scenarios in the memory sequences, and there will be a number of them through the game. The Lantern demo is only a taste of what's to come.

-It mentions there's returning Resident Evil characters (notably plural), can you guess who they are?

-The player awakens at one point in the game in a derelict house, where they meet Camile. It also mentions players will meet other survivors from a unsaid danger in the same situation as you. (note: It was originally translated as the game starts off in a zombie outbreak, but that's not correct, and this is not the opening but a scene later in the game).

-A weapon you obtain early in is a knife, you start off the whole first few hours of the game barely able to defend yourself but it is possible to take down your foes. (note: I originally said it was the first weapon, but it's not actually stated as such, you apparently get a weapon before this knife)

-There are items you can interact with in the environment. Some enemies cannot be killed with weapons, and you'll need to defend yourself with your wit and surroundings. Enemies can be killed by playing it smart with the environment.

-The interview in Famitsu is with the game's director and producer. They talk about themselves, their experience at Gamescom, and the reaction people have had to RE7, they like the feedback they've been getting, and talk a bit about weaponry in RE7 (we'll get to that). They talk about choosing what sort of footage to show, and they showed the Lantern gameplay as it rose questions, was low on action, focus on atmosphere, and didn't show too much. Talk about polishing VR and their three different modes for VR leading to the final release to make their January date.

-Asked if the game is still releasing in January since what's been shown so far is vague, and they laugh and say yes, they're actually almost done with the game they're just keeping a lot from public eyes right now. They say they don't want to spoil things, but please look forward to Tokyo Game Show this year.

-They show a picture of herbs and the finger, and tease what the coin is for (no answers), and that the finger may be expanded soon...

-They talk about the bayou, and mention about a ghost hunt that people are doing for a mysterious girl who is said to have been seen in the swamps.

• Like 1

I actually find the scene at the dinner table with the family to be rather creepy, however, the form of horror Capcom is going for in this game isn't the same form of horror that the Resident Evil franchise has become known for.

This trailer is highlighting has disturbed this family is, along with the idea of being trapped with them. Something that could work very well if Resident Evil wasn't in the title. The horror here is more personal, and the threat in this game so far has been very humanized, we can see these family members interacting with each other. To an extent, we see them as human beings, and my guess is that the game will continue to focus on the horror human beings care capable of. Again, something that I would really like if it wasn't Resident Evil. Something like this really would work better with a Silent Hill game.

*glares at Konami

The horror of Resident Evil has always come from the monstrosities that have been created through bio-weaponry. It has always had level of cheesy silliness to it. The series felt more like a bad 80s slasher-zombie movie. Resident Evil is a giant space opera, and this is a game about an incestuous red neck family enjoying Thanksgiving.

fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg

Bad Capcom

• Like 1

Well that was a complete waste of time, re-downloading the demo for what?  An extra room and some items I can't use other than to combine the finger...pointless.   Really not feeling this game at all now, agree with Avery, the game itself might be good, but it'd be better off as a new IP.   It's more like outlast with Resi references dropped in, just for the sake of exploiting the Resi name.   I'm all for trying to innovate and refresh the franchise but this feels too foreign to me.   I hope I'm wrong and RE7 shines, but as I said, not feeling it...at all.  :(

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Was rewatching the TAPE-1 "Desolation" trailer for 'Resident Evil 7', and the old guy with the glasses, I think his name is Jack? In the trailer, in one quick glimpse of when you view from a POV in where he's about to stomp you with his foot, you can see chairs riled up in the ceiling. In the attic, the new area in the "Twilight" update demo, there's chairs in the attics when you look up, I think two or three of them. So I'm guessing once we have the ability to get up the ladder and open/unlock the window door in the attic, guess we now know that the old man will still catch up to us, and knock us out still, same default as when you try to escape through the backdoor, or answer the ringing phone. Only instead of him punching us and knocking us out, he will now throw us down, and stomp our face instead, I guess? Just wanted to mention this, dunno if anyone has noticed. If not, nothing special anyways. At least we now know not to get too excited once we get the ability to unlock that window. Unless we do get knocked out, and something new happens this time around. But till then, guess we'll have to wait for the new update for the demo teaser.

• 3 weeks later...

2 new videos were revealed today. On the first video we see the health bar on RE VII will be similar to that one on the Revelations games (the lower the health the more screen on the screen). On the second video we can see gameplay footage of the combat in the game. It was leaked a few weeks ago the game will be similar to Alien Isolation (can slow the enemy with weapons but really can't kill them) it turns out the leaked information was true after all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The collector's edition was up on Gamestop for a few minutes before it was taken down.

The Resident Evil 7 Collector's Edition brings horror home. Full of unique goodies with models based on items and locations from Resident Evil 7 biohazard, this Collector's Edition is sure to be the centerpiece of any fan's collection.

The standout of course is the model replica Baker mansion standing at 8" in height, 7.5" in length, and 8.5" in depth, doubling as a music box that plays a familiar tune with accompanying LED effects. This is also your chance to own the dummy finger, the very same one that has haunted fans since the game's announcement. That's not all, though; also included is a metal case for the game, a lithograph showcasing the Baker family in all their mystique, a video tape box for the dummy finger, and a creepy note from one of the mansion's residents.

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Collector's Edition Includes: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Base Game Mansion Music Box (8'' Tall) that plays a sample of Aunt Rhody with accompanying LED effects. Dummy Finger 4G USB Drive Exclusive Metal Case VHS Tape Box Exclusive Lithograph Creepy Note Premium Packaging

Ficiw3b.jpg

• Like 2

The collector's edition was up on Gamestop for a few minutes before it was taken down.

The Resident Evil 7 Collector's Edition brings horror home. Full of unique goodies with models based on items and locations from Resident Evil 7 biohazard, this Collector's Edition is sure to be the centerpiece of any fan's collection.

The standout of course is the model replica Baker mansion standing at 8" in height, 7.5" in length, and 8.5" in depth, doubling as a music box that plays a familiar tune with accompanying LED effects. This is also your chance to own the dummy finger, the very same one that has haunted fans since the game's announcement. That's not all, though; also included is a metal case for the game, a lithograph showcasing the Baker family in all their mystique, a video tape box for the dummy finger, and a creepy note from one of the mansion's residents.

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Collector's Edition Includes: Resident Evil 7 biohazard Base Game Mansion Music Box (8'' Tall) that plays a sample of Aunt Rhody with accompanying LED effects. Dummy Finger 4G USB Drive Exclusive Metal Case VHS Tape Box Exclusive Lithograph Creepy Note Premium Packaging

Ficiw3b.jpg

It comes with all those awesome things that everyone wants and totally ditches that pointless thing called THE FRIKIN GAME.

• Like 1

It comes with all those awesome things that everyone wants and totally ditches that pointless thing called THE FRIKIN GAME.

Game is included, however the DLC from the special digital edition won't be included. There's some websites that will be selling a couple of these items separately such as the steelbook without the game.

Edited by Paige

Game is included, however the DLC from the special digital edition won't be included. There's some websites that will be selling a couple of these items separately such as the steelbook without the game.

http://gametransfers.com/resident-evil-7-collectors-edition-will-not-include-the-game/

http://www.psu.com/news/31553/resident-evil-7-collectors-edition

Oh i see the folks over Italy will be receiving a different collectors editions that includes an artbook. The NA edition will include a video tape replica, Steelbook, Dummy Finger USB 4GB (16GB on the Italy edition) the game and some other stuff,

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard-collectors-edition-only-at-gamestop/138710

• Like 1

Oh i see the folks over Italy will be receiving a different collectors editions that includes an artbook. The NA edition will include a video tape replica, Steelbook, Dummy Finger USB 4GB (16GB on the Italy edition) the game and some other stuff,

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/resident-evil-7-biohazard-collectors-edition-only-at-gamestop/138710

It actually appears that will be 2 versions of the CE, one with the game $180 and another without $100,

Edited by Devil_Spooky

So um... I dled the RE7T: BH weeks ago. I finally got to play it tonight. I played it through, thoroughly 3 times back to back, with the only 2 ending scenes I could ever get and nothing more. All gameplay was confined in the (small) house with no successful way out to (nothing from that new trailer was in the demo I played). This thread confuses me, though... Did they update the 'original demo' AND then add essentially what you would call a Demo Version 2? I want some answers here.

Edited by Mar

So um... I dled the RE7T: BH weeks ago. I finally got to play it tonight. I played it through, thoroughly 3 times back to back, with the only 2 ending scenes I could ever get and nothing more. All gameplay was confined in the (small) house with no successful way out to (nothing from that new trailer was in the demo I played). This thread confuses me, though... Did they update the 'original demo' AND then add essentially what you would call a Demo Version 2? I want some answers here.

They've updated the demo and added a new area to explore and a couple new items, there will be a last update early December. Nothing of the demo will appear on the final game acording to Capcom.

They've updated the demo and added a new area to explore and a couple new items, there will be a last update early December. Nothing of the demo will appear on the final game acording to Capcom.

Like I said, I explored demo and did not have access to any of that trailer footage.

What nrw area was added?

Like I said, I explored demo and did not have access to any of that trailer footage.

What nrw area was added?

2 ending scenes you said you got, right? if so, you got to answer the phone call in the 3rd floor of the house, right? If so, then the new area should be to the left of the phone, in where a wall has been torn down now. When you open the door leading to the room in where the ringing phone is at, right ahead of you should be a torn-down wall. In the demo, before it received any updates, there was just a wall, but if you updated the demo to the 'Twilight' ver., now the wall has been torn down, and you can access a new room, basically an attic that you can now explore. There's a new exit in that room... except it's locked, and there's no way to unlock the lock, lol The additional exit is a window this time, and you can climb the ladder and reach the window, but it's locked.

EDIT: So can the dummy finger be combined with anything?

Can you open the locked draw in the Kitchen?

2 ending scenes you said you got, right? if so, you got to answer the phone call in the 3rd floor of the house, right? If so, then the new area should be to the left of the phone, in where a wall has been torn down now. When you open the door leading to the room in where the ringing phone is at, right ahead of you should be a torn-down wall. In the demo, before it received any updates, there was just a wall, but if you updated the demo to the 'Twilight' ver., now the wall has been torn down, and you can access a new room, basically an attic that you can now explore. There's a new exit in that room... except it's locked, and there's no way to unlock the lock, lol The additional exit is a window this time, and you can climb the ladder and reach the window, but it's locked.

Yeah, I been seen this place. Edited by Mar