Resident Evil VII: Biohazard Discussion Thread

EDIT: So can the dummy finger be combined with anything?

Can you open the locked draw in the Kitchen?

Yeah, I been seen this place.

Yeah, the dummy finger can actually be combined with something. It's in the attic (the new room). There's an item you can pick up that is between some TVs, I think? I think there's some TVs in the room, and you should try to inspect the floor while looking at them, and something that you can pick up should pop up. I can't remember clearly, but I know the item to combine it with is somewhere in that attic, and it's somewhere on the floor. And yeah, you can open the locked drawer in the kitchen, you need to pick up a lockpick while you're playing the VHS. While you and the other guys are checking out the chicken, I think there's like a small gap beside/under the microwave with the dead bird in it. Look carefully on the floor, I think you need to crouch, and you should discover a lockpick. If you find it, do use it on the drawer, and you need to do so while in the VHS world. Once you unlock it, there's nothing inside, but there is an axe that you can collect and use once you go back to the present once done watching the VHS tape. Sorry if not specific enough, been months I last played the demo, and did all of these things.

Yeah, the dummy finger can actually be combined with something. It's in the attic (the new room). There's an item you can pick up that is between some TVs, I think? I think there's some TVs in the room, and you should try to inspect the floor while looking at them, and something that you can pick up should pop up. I can't remember clearly, but I know the item to combine it with is somewhere in that attic, and it's somewhere on the floor. And yeah, you can open the locked drawer in the kitchen, you need to pick up a lockpick while you're playing the VHS. While you and the other guys are checking out the chicken, I think there's like a small gap beside/under the microwave with the dead bird in it. Look carefully on the floor, I think you need to crouch, and you should discover a lockpick. If you find it, do use it on the drawer, and you need to do so while in the VHS world. Once you unlock it, there's nothing inside, but there is an axe that you can collect and use once you go back to the present once done watching the VHS tape. Sorry if not specific enough, been months I last played the demo, and did all of these things.

Wow.... Ok, so then what does the actual basement key do? It doesnt have a role from what Ive played.

Wow.... Ok, so then what does the actual basement key do? It doesnt have a role from what Ive played.

Not known as of now. Maybe in the upcoming update for the demo in December, which will be the last update, it will have a role this time around. I figure it opens the door in where there's gooey shit on it, the door in the hallway, near the room you wake up at the beginning. If you inspect the door, you can hear someone bang against the door, if I remember correctly. And I think you can hear a creepy voice, in which I figure it's a monster. And one of the last gameplay clips that Capcom showed from Resident Evil 7, titled "Volume 9: Shadow" they finally show a monster. Maybe the monster in that video is the monster behind the door? That is, if the thing behind the door IS a monster. I dunno, just speculating.Guess we'll find out in December.

The last update for the demo was meh. Only new things were the new room, some gun ammo that you can pick up in the room, the Basement key, the piece that can be combined with the dummy finger, the window exit, some writings in the room that you can inspect, and now the speaker on the phone has a new dialogue line if you respond.

Not known as of now. Maybe in the upcoming update for the demo in December, which will be the last update, it will have a role this time around. I figure it opens the door in where there's gooey shit on it, the door in the hallway, near the room you wake up at the beginning. If you inspect the door, you can hear someone bang against the door, if I remember correctly. And I think you can hear a creepy voice, in which I figure it's a monster. And one of the last gameplay clips that Capcom showed from Resident Evil 7, titled "Volume 9: Shadow" they finally show a monster. Maybe the monster in that video is the monster behind the door? That is, if the thing behind the door IS a monster. I dunno, just speculating.Guess we'll find out in December.

The last update for the demo was meh. Only new things were the new room, some gun ammo that you can pick up in the room, the Basement key, the piece that can be combined with the dummy finger, the window exit, some writings in the room that you can inspect, and now the speaker on the phone has a new dialogue line if you respond.

And the axe, aside from breaking boxes and all but 3 plastic idols (forget their original name), somehow?

And the axe, aside from breaking boxes and all but 3 plastic idols (forget their original name), somehow?

Yeah, only use the axe has is to break the boxes, which have ammo in them, some of them. And they can break the mannequins, but nothing useful comes from doing that, I guess. I just hope we can use a gun in the upcoming update. I'm hoping to shoot the old man when he's walking by when you finish watching the VHS tape. I just want to attack some type of living being, be it via an axe or gun, lol I've no idea how the demo will conclude via this upcoming update. Probably will end up with the player just getting knocked out or killed, as usual :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Like I said, I explored demo and did not have access to any of that trailer footage.

What nrw area was added?

You're not supposed to, nothing from the demo is from the final game, unlike the trailer that only show stuff from the final game, so you can't see anything from the trailer in the demo.

The rest A Flopping Brawl3r already answered you.

You're not supposed to, nothing from the demo is from the final game, unlike the trailer that only show stuff from the final game, so you can't see anything from the trailer in the demo.

The rest A Flopping Brawl3r already answered you.

Yeah... btw can I have the source for the filler demo confirmation?

Game interest me so far but there is still a fairly large gap of info I need via gameplay, mechanics, and etc before I consider an early buy.

RE VII: Biohazard is now 95% complete and we still know barely anything about the game. Hopefully this turns out to be a good Psychological Horror game (Capcom is labeling RE VII: Biohazard as a Survival Horror but what we have seen so far says otherwise).

Cxm8IZUUcAEI18Q.jpg

There are several different types of horror/survival games. What would VII be iyo?

RE VII: Biohazard is now 95% complete and we still know barely anything about the game. Hopefully this turns out to be a good Psychological Horror game (Capcom is labeling RE VII: Biohazard as a Survival Horror but what we have seen so far says otherwise).

Cxm8IZUUcAEI18Q.jpg

So that mean the new trailer would be released in a few days?

There are several different types of horror/survival games. What would VII be iyo?

Capcom says RE VII is a Survival Horror game, however what we seen so far looks to be a Psychological Horror game, given the first person view perspective, hide from the enemies, the inclusion of ghost (this will have an explanation as the director of RE VII has said on multiple occasions RE will remain free from supernatural stuff). Either way RE VII will be a mix between Alien Isolation & Outlast so expect a couple of jump scares during the course of the game.

So that mean the new trailer would be released in a few days?

Since the last update for the Beginning Hour demo will be on December, Capcom is to likely release a new trailer along with the demo update during the PSX conference, after all they did that during E3 and TGS.

Oh yeah i almost forgot to mention this, but if anyone is planning on importing the Japanese version save yourself the trouble. The Japanese version will have 2 editions the "Censored" & "Grotesque" edition, the Grotesque edition will be slightly less censored. If you want the fully uncensored version of RE VII either pickup the US or EU edition.

Oh yeah i almost forgot to mention this, but if anyone is planning on importing the Japanese version save yourself the trouble. The Japanese version will have 2 editions the "Censored" & "Grotesque" edition, the Grotesque edition will be slightly less censored. If you want the fully uncensored version of RE VII either pickup the US or EU edition.

Do you have any idea why the game is being censored and what exactly is being censored?

A bunch of new information was by release by Capcom during the Taiwan press conference they had this weekend.

Capcom held a conference in Taiwan this weekend to present Resident Evil 7 to the press.

The elements presented have already been seen during the Tokyo Game Show 2016, however, we can note some new information thanks to the interview of the site GameLife.tw:

* Characters will return in this game but in a very anecdotal way.
* Weapons can be picked up on enemies shot down when they are used. This will make the experience more immersive and realistic. The nature of the said weapons is not explicit, but it is reasonable to think that it will be mainly blunt or sharp weapons.

03.jpg 06.jpg

* With the release of the Playstation VR last month, the Beginning Hour demo will benefit on its next PSVR support update. It is likely that this will be presented with the next trailer christened "Resident Evil" planned we recall it for "Early December".
* There will be a new virus in this episode.

The conference in Taiwan starts with the presentation of the trailer of the Baker family for which we all realized the madness that seized this family.
Resident Evil 7 is therefore created on the concept of fear that invites itself at home, as in the greatest Thriller.
On this new basis, one can legitimately ask the question: Will there be zombies or the presence of a virus in the game?

Masa Kawata would like to remind what was at the origin of the success of RESIDENT EVIL: a leak forward in a closed space full of terror. RESIDENT EVIL 7 takes this recipe according to him with these closed, mysterious places where attacks can arise at any time and where it is sometimes more preferable to hide. Making an ultimate survival-horror experience is the avowed goal of RESIDENT EVIL 7.

09.jpg

Masa Kawata then presents the game system divided into several parts:

On the Exploration section, it will be necessary to find objects to try to escape for example.
With a precision of size, it is that it will be necessary to return in all the directions the found objects to sometimes make them reveal a hidden utility as for certain keys in some RESIDENT EVIL.

11.jpg 12.jpg 14.jpg

Many moments will be interactive in your exploration like the lid of the demo kettle that lets cockroaches escape.

Many objects from the eighties will be present such as this black phone that will give you clues or this tape recorder which will serve as a recording point.
All this is meant to stick to the terror you will face in this specific environment.

02.jpg

Masa Kawata also indicates that the development team spent a lot of time on modeling the hands of the player, since now the game is played in the first person. This new view in RESIDENT EVIL 7 will open doors with this feeling of insecurity very close, but also to close them to escape a particular enemy.

05.jpg

You will be able to play with the SONY PSVR headset with the possibility of switching to non-VR mode at any time. The new engine RE ENGINE, will bring an additional realism in 4K HDR especially in lighting. All this is reinforced by the photogrammetry process that will sublimate the expression and movements of the characters, as well as the beauty of the landscapes.
At the level of familiar items, you will find herbs, chests and even the Umbrella logo.

13.jpg 01.jpg 04.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg

Kawata San told journalists that no other VR version (notably on PC) is planned at this stage. Also, that during the next update of the demo, it will also include an update to the VR experience now that the headphones SONY is out.

The enemies will be different in appearance from simple zombies known in the saga but equipped with a new intelligence into true heirs of enemies in the history of Resident Evil.

The session ended with the distribution of gifts like the RE7 bag of the TGS and the PS4 posters.

http://www.biohazardfrance.net/index.php?article=conference-taiwan-de-novembre-2016-pour-resident-evil-7&id=103569

• Like 1

Another Q&A with Capcom has been translated and posted on Reddit. Capcom talks about the stuff that will be censored on the Japanese versions and other stuff.

Q: What is the difference between the Global version and the Asian version of the game?

A: The content is the same. But since Japan has more restrictions on gory things, the Japanese version has less gory animations. For example in the Baker's video, the hand was not cut off like how it was in other versions. We are worried that the Japanese player might be unhappy due to the lack of gory scenes, so we are releasing an separate gory version for them.

Q: 7 is fully compatible with PS VR, but every player's adaptability to VR is different. How do you cope with that?

A: Definitely, some people cannot adapt to VR, and they will get dizzy once they play it. However in order for everyone to enjoy the title, we have made some adjustment to VR, so that the players can play for longer period of time. Actually the person responsible for VR in Resident Evil 7 is not used to VR as well, but he insisted to try and made some adjustments to VR, for example for every 30 degrees of change in VR point of view, the camera angle will move. (I'm not quite sure about the translation for the next line) The pace for the game is quite slow so the players do not feel as dizzy.

Q: Later when the PC version of Resident Evil 7 is released, will other brands of VR devices be supported?

A: There will be no other VR, at this stage only PS VR will be supported.

Q: Will the latest demo support VR after the update.

A: We are planning on that.

Q: There is a rumour that PS VR has a longer play time than normal gameplay, is it true?

A: I don't know where this rumour comes from, but there will be no difference in content and play time in either version.

Q: Talking about the relationships between the game titles, the enemies in the past are zombies, why is there a change in enemies in 7? What is the correlation?

A: The focus in this title is horror, so we are changing the type of enemies. But recently we have been revealing the information of new enemies, so players will immediately recognise these are Resident Evil enemies, this is the real successor of 6 generations of history.

Q: Will the other characters in the series appear in this game?

A: In order to emphasise on horror, the main character in this game is very weak. We will avoid using those type of characters in the past who are experienced in combating zombies. Also part of the reason is that the character modelling in the past cost a lot, and we don't want to spend too much on characters this time around, laugh.

Q: Why use first person in this game? Is this done to because you want to be compatible with PS VR?

A: We have actually decided to use first person for this game before the announcement of PS VR. It was just a coincidence that when we were about to release information about the game, the news of PS VR also surfaced. We have noticed that this title is somewhat of a perfect match with PS VR, so we decided to have the PS VR compatibility. A lot of people talked about the similarities with KONAMI's P.T, but it is purely a coincidence. When we were developing 7, P.T demo was suddenly announced, and our development team were shocked.

Q: This time around will you add some hidden contents like how they were added in the past? Something like Tofu.

A: Do you want to see a realistic Tofu? A first person view with squarely body and hands? It will be interesting, but we currently have no plans on that.

Q: The character this time is very weak. So can the weapons be customised to fight off the enemies?

A: We have to say there is no QTE and no weapon customisation. The players have to use all kinds of weapons to fight off the enemies. But players don't have to worry, not only that there are a lot of different weapons, there are also some familiar weapons that appeared in the past titles.

Q: In the video we notice that the main character we are controlling can be male or female. Will the character change with the progression of the story? Or will we be able to customise our character's gender or appearance etc?

A: Character creation is interesting, but in first person you won't be able to see yourself, so it's not suitable for this POV. This title will not include character creation, but it is true that with the progression of the story there will be different characters that the players control.

Q: In the information (?) there are outdoor environments, so does it mean the whole game is not limited to the mansion?

A: This is the same with the first title, the possibility of going to different environments will create anticipation for the players. What did everyone see in the outdoor environment? I cannot say anything explicitly.

Q: With First Person / VR, how do players see their own health and ammo? Will the danger status affect the characters' movement?

A: This time the HUD for player's statuses is a bit different, and actually it has already been revealed. Maybe the players have not noticed, but during gameplay players will immediately notice, because it is quite obvious. The status of the character will in fact affect the movements, and the character will move slower and start panting when the character is on the verge of death. Players do not have to worry about this part of the design.

• Like 1

A new live action trailer of Baker's family house was uploaded a few minutes ago. At the end of the trailer we see the words "Tape 3 early December" which means the last planned update for the Beginning Hour demo will happen soon (likely during the PSX conference). Here's the link to the trailer.

https://twitter.com/RE_Games/status/804358794008530945