Resident Evil VII: Biohazard Discussion Thread

Im not a huge fan from 3rd person to 1st person.. But im going to try to leave that behind me. The game also feels too much like a entire reboot. I really hope the game has enough references or characters from past games to makeit feel like a sequel.

Other than that.. I agree other people who said they're not a fan of the "supernatural" ghost like things that been hinted at. I prefer a real enemy.

• Like 1

hey guys, so last night i did a run for the new midnight update and the game looks so awesome. It's different off course, mainly because of the 1 person view but in the end it just makes the game more immersive.

I did however find two new endings apart from the ones we already saw, the infected one by getting hit but the monster and the true ending for being a sneaky bastard and "escaping" 

here's my run for anyone that is interested :D

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

(Reposting this comment because of PSNProfiles´ new server migration, which is now complete)

Well, yes. With all the information we´ve recieved this past 3/4 months and with all we´ve seen, I can safely say that between RE7, the upcoming Crash N-Sane Remaster and RE2 Remake in a hopefully not-so-far future, 2017 is already profiling itself as a really good year for gaming, at least for me.

Edited by DPJUST14
Grammar correction.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 10:20 AM, NullRay85 said:

Wow, I was skeptical of the game at first but it's on my radar. Is it me of does the story feels a bit similar to Silent Hill 2's?

About between husband and wife? Yes, but it doesn't feels similar to Silent Hill 2. Remember, it's still a Resident Evil game so the story of all Resident Evil games are connected.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NEV said:

About between husband and wife? Yes, but it doesn't feels similar to Silent Hill 2. Remember, it's still a Resident Evil game so the story of all Resident Evil games are connected.

Yeah, I know. I'm very much interested about the references to other Resident Evil characters and events as well. Could Umbrella have any connections to the Bakers and the disappearance of Mia? 

I'm planning to start the game with little knowledge as possible but I can't help but to discuss some aspects of the premise so far. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm about 2 hours in (quick post here before calling it a night) and this game has some great jump scares. The new first person view works wonders for the feeling of anxiety I think they were shooting for. Not to difficult or easy, and I've unlocked 7 trophies so far. Aside from the environments and puzzles reminding me of Resident Evil, I'm not seeing much else, which is a little disappointing. Maybe I'll see it more tomorrow! G'nite everybody

Hey guys, so last night i finally started the game and oh my, it will be a fun ride :D 

At first the game started very slow and different from the re games but now everything is coming together as a outstanding a true re experience.

I recorded some great moments and i'll definitely record my future speedrun, for now I'm just exploring and learning the game

On 12/4/2016 at 11:30 AM, Mah2c said:

It's different off course, mainly because of the 1 person view but in the end it just makes the game more immersive.

i have always found that perspective Less immersive. much like RE6 i will be passing on this game as i wont spend that much on VR just to play 1 game.

On 2/1/2017 at 7:23 PM, DarkHarmonixer said:

i have always found that perspective Less immersive. much like RE6 i will be passing on this game as i wont spend that much on VR just to play 1 game.

I understand, but in the end still feels much like RE, i mean which survival game invented boss fights like this? 

I'm also not very fond of 1st person, but it actually works really well with this game.

7 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

I understand, but in the end still feels much like RE, i mean which survival game invented boss fights like this? 

I'm also not very fond of 1st person, but it actually works really well with this game.

unless i play it in VR i would get motion sickness. i do feel they could have given us the option to play in 1st or 3rd but the VR would only work in 1st of course.