Red Dead Revolver Trophy Discussion Thread

ddracarys

Hmm, thoughts? I thought that the pattern for PS2 games was 1 with Platinum and 1 without but I guess whoever suspected as much was wrong. Anyway, I don't care about the Platinum, this is a day 1 purchase for me.

What are everybody else's thoughts about this list?

• Like 1

Sick and tired of all these games without platinums. Yes I don't always go for the platinum but it would be nice if every game had that option. Still have my ps2 with this game so it's a no buy for me.......unless it had the platinum.

DF007gamer.png

• Like 2

The game is one of those semi difficult ones where you feel at a disadvantage due to the control of the game like so many others in PS2 era, It's still a nice one with some really fun bits but it aint no fast smooth High Noot Noot action

many people might be familiar with.

Trophy wise there are some fucking annoying ones on there- Untouchable, Hats Off. But nothing seem impossible.

really annoyed about no platinum especially with what the game wants you to do just for a 100%.

Just remembering playing the game on PS2 and how it took forever to fill in the journal and how some missions on Very Hard were just really unfair (The Bridge mission, I'm looking at you!)

• Like 1

This is so disappointing. Why can't they listen to us and give us platinums for this kind of PS2 games. I don't mind if smaller arcade like games like Fantavision doesn't have platinums but it's just stupid to release a game like this without a platinum.

What is their reasoning behind this? Does it cost extra to add a platinum when you release a game or what?

The prices for the games with a platinum trophy are usually higher aswell right? So the developers would get more money.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one holding off for a huge sale when it comes to PS2 games with no platinums, but if they had a platinum I would happily pay full price for them.

• Like 2

Now people can play the original RDR! :yay: I don't mind too much that it doesn't have a plat. Looks like it could take a while. However, with this, does that mean that the long awaited announcement for the third installment won't be too far behind? :hmm: Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by ShadowStar83x
  • Like 1

However, with this, does that mean that the long awaited announcement for the third installment won't be too far behind? :hmm: Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

I'm on board here.  Nothing like revitalizing a classic to get chops salivating for a new IP.

To the topic, that is a lot to ask for a pathetic 285 trophy points (and no plat).

The prices for the games with a platinum trophy are usually higher aswell right? So the developers would get more money.

Usually yes, but this game will be sold at the higher price anyway (as evident with the leak on the Australian store) as they've cottoned on to the fact they don't need to put the effort in as people will still buy it. This also happened with Max Payne and The Warriors. All premium price, no platinums.

As some of you may know already, I'm sort of an advocate for PS2 on PS4 but I'm not supporting this particular trend. Okay not every game you're interested in will get a platinum, fine I guess (that's a whole different argument) but making us pay for one anyway just because it's a Rockstar game with a "name" attached to it is not right. This is a ten year old game so that kind of premium is bang out of order, especially when you take into account the price this game was sold for on PS3 and the price you can get it for on PS2. I know not everyone had/has access to those but that's not the point.

Haven't played it on PS2 so no idea how hard this will be but I'll be getting it anyway. Don't care if it has a platinum or not.

I have never played this game either and I also do not care about the Platinum. Judging from these comments, looks like these trophies are "hard" according to experienced players so good luck to both of us! Lol.

The game is one of those semi difficult ones where you feel at a disadvantage due to the control of the game like so many others in PS2 era, It's still a nice one with some really fun bits but it aint no fast smooth High Noot Noot action

many people might be familiar with.

Trophy wise there are some fucking annoying ones on there- Untouchable, Hats Off. But nothing seem impossible.

I read "High Noot Noot" as "High Noon Noon" and I was like wow we be getting some McCree action??? LMAO. Anyway, thank you for this, it helps put some of these trophies into perspective for new players such as me.

Now people can play the original RDR! :yay: I don't mind too much that it doesn't have a plat. Looks like it could take a while. However, with this, does that mean that the long awaited announcement for the third installment won't be too far behind? :hmm: Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

I wouldn't be to stoked, I can feel the third installment coming up soon but I've been waiting so long that it seems really unlikely at this time in the year. I'm thinking it will be announced at E3 '17 honestly. However, I agree that this may indicate to a new announcement.

I remember this game being pretty hard (mostly cheap), or am I confusing with the other western game that came out called GUN?  ^_^

Aha, a lot of people seem to get confused with Red Dead Revolver and GUN. I can't tell you myself since I didn't play either of these although I owned them both and watched my older brothers play them. I was way too young to be into either of these though lol.

Sick and tired of all these games without platinums. Yes I don't always go for the platinum but it would be nice if every game had that option. Still have my ps2 with this game so it's a no buy for me.......unless it had the platinum.

really annoyed about no platinum especially with what the game wants you to do just for a 100%.

Just remembering playing the game on PS2 and how it took forever to fill in the journal and how some missions on Very Hard were just really unfair (The Bridge mission, I'm looking at you!)

This is so disappointing. Why can't they listen to us and give us platinums for this kind of PS2 games. I don't mind if smaller arcade like games like Fantavision doesn't have platinums but it's just stupid to release a game like this without a platinum.

What is their reasoning behind this? Does it cost extra to add a platinum when you release a game or what?

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one holding off for a huge sale when it comes to PS2 games with no platinums, but if they had a platinum I would happily pay full price for them.

I'm on board here.  Nothing like revitalizing a classic to get chops salivating for a new IP.

To the topic, that is a lot to ask for a pathetic 285 trophy points (and no plat).

Jeez, I didn't know trophies meant so much to some people. Obviously, I'm a trophy hunter too but not to the extent of me not playing a game due to it not having a Platinum or enough "points".

Usually yes, but this game will be sold at the higher price anyway (as evident with the leak on the Australian store) as they've cottoned on to the fact they don't need to put the effort in as people will still buy it. This also happened with Max Payne and The Warriors. All premium price, no platinums.

As some of you may know already, I'm sort of an advocate for PS2 on PS4 but I'm not supporting this particular trend. Okay not every game you're interested in will get a platinum, fine I guess (that's a whole different argument) but making us pay for one anyway just because it's a Rockstar game with a "name" attached to it is not right. This is a ten year old game so that kind of premium is bang out of order, especially when you take into account the price this game was sold for on PS3 and the price you can get it for on PS2. I know not everyone had/has access to those but that's not the point.

That's true, Red Dead Revolver will be sold at a high price either way (Plat or not) due to its name and mark. 

That's true, Red Dead Revolver will be sold at a high price either way (Plat or not) due to its name and mark.

Sorry for being Mr. Buzz Kill but I just needed to get it off my chest you know? :P

It's just they were US$9.99 on PS3 and now US$14.99 on PS4 so the least they could do is add a full trophy list. The other additions (up-scaling, remote play, share play etc.) are free as far as I'm concerned as the cheaper PS2 games on PS4 are the same price as the PS3 ones. So what is that $5 premium actually for?

Sorry for being Mr. Buzz Kill but I just needed to get it off my chest you know? :P

It's just they were US$9.99 on PS3 and now US$14.99 on PS4 so the least they could do is add a full trophy list. The other additions (up-scaling, remote play, share play etc.) are free as far as I'm concerned as the cheaper PS2 games on PS4 are the same price as the PS3 ones. So what is that $5 premium actually for?

Support and compensation for a better tomorrow in video game making aND SCIENCE! I don't know, but sometimes I like putting myself in other people's boots and to be fair, if I was Rockstar, I'd milk the rest of the world for an extra $5.00 especially since this is Red Dead Revolver we talkin about and ya bet ur 2 cents a lot of fans be buying dis dOS

Support and compensation for a better tomorrow in video game making aND SCIENCE! I don't know, but sometimes I like putting myself in other people's boots and to be fair, if I was Rockstar, I'd milk the rest of the world for an extra $5.00 especially since this is Red Dead Revolver we talkin about and ya bet ur 2 cents a lot of fans be buying dis dOS

And what about our future of building a world full of :platinum: PLATINUMS!? :platinum: We need to stand up and fight for the people! :P

Fair enough but they've lost my sale and few others. I'll just stick to the PS2 copy I haven't played yet. :facepalm:

And what about our future of building a world full of :platinum: PLATINUMS!? :platinum: We need to stand up and fight for the people! :P

Fair enough but they've lost my sale and few others. I'll just stick to the PS2 copy I haven't played yet. :facepalm:

BURN THE PLATINUMS, BURN THEM ALL DOWN AND BUILD A NEW COMMUNITY OF LOW POINT 100% AVERAGES!!!! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAH

200_s.gif

*coughs*

Too bad there's no plat. Probably won't get it because the prices are usually too high for PS2 games (especially ones without plats!) but maybe when it's on sale...

I don't know where you are in the world but where I am, games without Platinums or trophies at all are usually the cheapest games on the PlayStation Store. Anyway that sucks, hoping for a sale so you can pick it up ASAP. 

I don't know where you are in the world but where I am, games without Platinums or trophies at all are usually the cheapest games on the PlayStation Store. Anyway that sucks, hoping for a sale so you can pick it up ASAP.

This one isn't though... we've been over this... :P

Sorry, I'll shut up about it now promise. :angel:

I might get this once it comes out but I don't know.. I really wish Sony pulled a Microsoft and just made every game have a platinum (Microsoft requires games now to have at least 1k GS). I've played this game when It was out for PS2 and I know that this game is pretty lengthy and kinda difficult at some parts.

This is a ten year old game so that kind of premium is bang out of order, especially when you take into account the price this game was sold for on PS3 and the price you can get it for on PS2.

It's a lot of work to add trophies to an older emulated game. Don't forget that these are basically still the old PS2 discs wrapped in an emulator so they can't just alter the code of the games themselves. They have to integrate trophies and other features (like higher resolutions, framerates, etc) purely through the emulator and everything also needs testing if it works properly.

That's why they are charging a premium price compared to what it costs on PS3 and also why maybe it's not always possible to add more trophies than they have in the past.

This one isn't though... we've been over this... :P

Sorry, I'll shut up about it now promise. :angel:

LMAO yeah sorry about that, I'm pretty short term memory-ed, as you can see by this and by my a million "I guess"s and "Ah, yes"s. And by the million things on my todo list. I need to list down everything because I forget a lot very quickly. Which also falls into the planning thing we talked about (I plan my entire life literally). #BusyIsABliss 

Althoughhhhhhhhhhhhhh this may just be for your region / currency and mine is actually cheaper. Who knows, I haven't seen this on the Store yet, though.

I might get this once it comes out but I don't know.. I really wish Sony pulled a Microsoft and just made every game have a platinum (Microsoft requires games now to have at least 1k GS). I've played this game when It was out for PS2 and I know that this game is pretty lengthy and kinda difficult at some parts.

I mean it's not that I don't wish this game had a Platinum, it's the fact that it doesn't which I don't entirely care about. Sure, a Platinum is always nice especially since this game seems to be hard but also since it's a game series I like and will be purchasing anyway, so, therefore, I don't really care if it doesn't have one or not. Because I'll be playing anyway. Okay, I should stop typing now I feel like this didn't make sense at all.  :P

It's a lot of work to add trophies to an older emulated game. Don't forget that these are basically still the old PS2 discs wrapped in an emulator so they can't just alter the code of the games themselves. They have to integrate trophies and other features (like higher resolutions, framerates, etc) purely through the emulator and everything also needs testing if it works properly.

That's why they are charging a premium price compared to what it costs on PS3 and also why maybe it's not always possible to add more trophies than they have in the past.

Basically, this. I just don't know how to word things.  :D

I know all this but you've missed my point. All PS2 games on PS4 have all those features, generally non-platinum ones cost US$9.99 and platinum ones US$14.99. This is a non-platinum one, so less work on implementing trophies, less time to test them however it's the premium price of $14.99. That is what I have a problem with. In my opinion, either they should've put in the extra work to give it a full trophy list if possible or they should be selling it at the lower price like the rest. As I explained in my earlier post, there is nothing warranting a $5 premium on this apart from the Rockstar and/or Red Dead name.

LMAO yeah sorry about that, I'm pretty short term memory-ed, as you can see by this and by my a million "I guess"s and "Ah, yes"s. And by the million things on my todo list. I need to list down everything because I forget a lot very quickly. Which also falls into the planning thing we talked about (I plan my entire life literally). #BusyIsABliss

Althoughhhhhhhhhhhhhh this may just be for your region / currency and mine is actually cheaper. Who knows, I haven't seen this on the Store yet, though.

Oh, that explains it then! :P

It only leaked on the Australian store so far, well it might have been on the New Zealand one too but I don't know. It was removed though and hasn't returned yet. But the Australian price was $22.95 whatever that translates to for you. I know it's US$14.99, £11.99 and €14.99.

Edit: Oh and sorry for not shutting up... I couldn't help myself it seems. :P

Edited by dell9300

Oh, that explains it then! :P

It only leaked on the Australian store so far, well it might have been on the New Zealand one too but I don't know. It was removed though and hasn't returned yet. But the Australian price was $22.95 whatever that translates to for you. I know it's US$14.99, £11.99 and €14.99.

Edit: Oh and sorry for not shutting up... I couldn't help myself it seems. :P

Oh, okay. That translates to $23.57 for me. I guess I understand the rants now, yeah that is definitely a lot for this type of game. Aw, shucks. And don't worry about it haha, sorry myself for being stupid.

Oh, okay. That translates to $23.57 for me. I guess I understand the rants now, yeah that is definitely a lot for this type of game. Aw, shucks. And don't worry about it haha, sorry myself for being stupid.

Yeah, it's a shame as I'd honestly have liked to get it but I just don't feel it's worth that price for me. Most of the time I'm buying these as an "upgrade" to my original PS2 copies and this just doesn't cut it.

Aww no, not stupid, naïve maybe. :P Nah, only kidding. ^_^