Red Dead Revolver Trophy Discussion Thread

ddracarys

I know all this but you've missed my point. All PS2 games on PS4 have all those features, generally non-platinum ones cost US$9.99 and platinum ones US$14.99. This is a non-platinum one, so less work on implementing trophies, less time to test them however it's the premium price of $14.99. That is what I have a problem with. In my opinion, either they should've put in the extra work to give it a full trophy list if possible or they should be selling it at the lower price like the rest. As I explained in my earlier post, there is nothing warranting a $5 premium on this apart from the Rockstar and/or Red Dead name.

May Payne and The Warriors don't have a platinum and also cost $14.99 each. It's just what Rockstar charges and has nothing to do with how many trophies a game has.

This game is NOTHING like its follow up free roaming sequel... the game in itself went thru developer hell and just barely was released after Rockstar bought the rights for the game and pieced together a holy terror that Capcom had tried to create and left bleeding and mangled on the operating table. It was going to be an arcade-styled light-gunish game based loosely on their 1985 game Gun.Smoke.

So, in otherwords...buyer beware...and try not to get dazzled by the sparkle of nostalgia. The game was average, at best.

(edit): Oh, and before I forget with the fog o' alcohol getting thick now, unless Rockstar fixed it for the re-release..the game was very glitchy, had a bunch of bugs and some very frustrating control issues. 

Edited by PSXtreme_
  • Like 1

A part of me wants to wait for a remaster that has a better trophy list, but the odds of that happening are slim to none, especially since what happened with Resident Evil 4 (same list). I guess ill just have to bite the bullet and have a green 100% only Red Dead Revolver. Looks bad next to the blue Redemption list though  :P

• Like 1

Jeez, I didn't know trophies meant so much to some people. Obviously, I'm a trophy hunter too but not to the extent of me not playing a game due to it not having a Platinum or enough "points".

My point was that a game like this deserves a platinum trophy. A trophy list without a platinum should only be for smaller arcade type games. Like it was from the beginning.

I will still buy this at some point but no way am I paying full price for it with this boring list. I already have the game on disc so I'm not too fussed about getting it until it's atleast 50% off, I would like to have it on my account at some point though. I was really excited about Kinetica and would have bought that as soon as it came out if it had a platinum, until a big sale I will just stick to my actual PS2 disc.

Surely there must be some kind of extra free to release a game that has a Platinum trophy? I don't see why companies would not include a platinum otherwise.

I might get this once it comes out but I don't know.. I really wish Sony pulled a Microsoft and just made every game have a platinum (Microsoft requires games now to have at least 1k GS). I've played this game when It was out for PS2 and I know that this game is pretty lengthy and kinda difficult at some parts.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHMIGOD THIS WOULD BE DISASTROUS.

If anyone has played the PSN game Frogger (which probably most trophy hunters have cuz it has 3 golds and a silver, and takes like 28 minutes to complete lol), then they'd know trying to shoehorn a platinum into that game would be a nightmare

My point was that a game like this deserves a platinum trophy. A trophy list without a platinum should only be for smaller arcade type games. Like it was from the beginning.

I will still buy this at some point but no way am I paying full price for it with this boring list. I already have the game on disc so I'm not too fussed about getting it until it's atleast 50% off, I would like to have it on my account at some point though. I was really excited about Kinetica and would have bought that as soon as it came out if it had a platinum, until a big sale I will just stick to my actual PS2 disc.

Surely there must be some kind of extra free to release a game that has a Platinum trophy? I don't see why companies would not include a platinum otherwise.

the only PS2 games that 99,9% have a chance to get a platinum are RPGs and/or open world games, for example: the GTA trilogy, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, etc...

that's because RPG and open world games have a lot of things to do and plenty of additional content, so in case this has something to do with the codes within this emulations that needs to be triggered or something like that then they can surely manage to add plenty of trophies to them.

I liked the game, but I remember, that there some hard situations. I dont know how hard the end game is, because I couldn t complete the bridge mission (in my opinion it was/is an unfair mission).

I think it is a medium hard game for some people,
But for me it is definitive an impossible 100%, but it was an entertaining game. This time I will play it just for fun and ignore the trophies

Edited by T-100

Yeah, it's a shame as I'd honestly have liked to get it but I just don't feel it's worth that price for me. Most of the time I'm buying these as an "upgrade" to my original PS2 copies and this just doesn't cut it.

Aww no, not stupid, naïve maybe. :P Nah, only kidding. ^_^

WOW OFFENCE, haha joking.

It dosen't bother me that It dosen't have a plat. This is one of the PS2 era game I have been wanting on PS4. I never played it, and I really want to. I'll be getting it for sure.

Ditto mate. Trophies for me are something to pursue after you've enjoyed the game, and not something I base my purchases or plays off of. 

A part of me wants to wait for a remaster that has a better trophy list, but the odds of that happening are slim to none, especially since what happened with Resident Evil 4 (same list). I guess ill just have to bite the bullet and have a green 100% only Red Dead Revolver. Looks bad next to the blue Redemption list though  :P

Waiting on another remaster which has a very low chance of ever happening. Pick this game up mate, don't let the trophies deter you from the actual game.  ;)

I just hope the difficulties at least stack....

I hope so!

I agree with you, Red Dead Revolver definitely deserves a Platinum but just because it doesn't, that doesn't mean I will not be playing it and it shouldn't mean you won't either. Sure if it's money issues and if you think you're happy with your PS2 version then, by all means, feel free to skip this but if you have the money and the time and you actually want to play this game but the trophy list / non Plat is holding you back then please get this game.

Also, as user soniq as pointed out, it also depends on the games emulation too. Sometimes the company doesn't have power over everything and getting a Plat on this game would have been impossible with the coding. This was one of those situations. Blaming Rockstar is just plain stupid, as they have done everything in their powers.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHMIGOD THIS WOULD BE DISASTROUS.

If anyone has played the PSN game Frogger (which probably most trophy hunters have cuz it has 3 golds and a silver, and takes like 28 minutes to complete lol), then they'd know trying to shoehorn a platinum into that game would be a nightmare

Dude, you think that's bad? Imagine Aabs Animals having a Platinum! You can get 100% in 5 minutes! THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE HAHA.  :facepalm:

Nice list, it basically requires you to get nearly 100% in-game completion. Most of the game is fairly easy, so I can't imagine it giving many people trouble. I'm sure using cheats will be allowed once again once you unlock them.

Why hasn't anybody else mentioned cheats on the thread before? Also, you seem to be the only person on here who claims the game is easy. Lol, you're probably just really good because basically everybody else has either never played it or have played it and shared how difficult the experience was.

Deffo gonna get this. The no platinum doesn't bother me but I know it deters some people.

You and me both mate, you and me both.

• Like 1

It's a lot of work to add trophies to an older emulated game. Don't forget that these are basically still the old PS2 discs wrapped in an emulator so they can't just alter the code of the games themselves. They have to integrate trophies and other features (like higher resolutions, framerates, etc) purely through the emulator and everything also needs testing if it works properly.

That's why they are charging a premium price compared to what it costs on PS3 and also why maybe it's not always possible to add more trophies than they have in the past.

That doesn't stop them from adding a platinum though. A platinum just pops once all others do no extra coding needed. Just look at trine 2, 13 trophies and a plat. 

the only PS2 games that 99,9% have a chance to get a platinum are RPGs and/or open world games, for example: the GTA trilogy, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, etc...

that's because RPG and open world games have a lot of things to do and plenty of additional content, so in case this has something to do with the codes within this emulations that needs to be triggered or something like that then they can surely manage to add plenty of trophies to them.

I think its because of games with large statistics list. The more statistics the more possible trophies. Hence why bully and gta have more .

That doesn't stop them from adding a platinum though. A platinum just pops once all others do no extra coding needed. Just look at trine 2, 13 trophies and a plat. 

I think its because of games with large statistics list. The more statistics the more possible trophies. Hence why bully and gta have more .

but apparently the warriors also has many statistic lists but it still didn't got a plat? although it wasn't open world.

so knowing this we can be sure that GTA Liberty City Stories and GTA Vice City Stories will have a platinum, there's no confirmation that they are coming yet but since they are having the most success with their open world games then i'm sure they'll be coming soon.

• Like 1

In that case it seems its just because of them being lazy  :P

I'm pretty sure it takes a lot more work, effort and time to make a Platinum than you and everybody else on here thinks. Don't quote me on this, though, I wouldn't know. I just think that a lot of people on here seem to think game making and trophy designing is a cake walk. Sure it's "just adding a Platinum" but do you really know what that "just" takes? 

I'm pretty sure it takes a lot more work, effort and time to make a Platinum than you and everybody else on here thinks. Don't quote me on this, though, I wouldn't know. I just think that a lot of people on here seem to think game making and trophy designing is a cake walk. Sure it's "just adding a Platinum" but do you really know what that "just" takes? 

Oh yeah im not saying its a piece of cake. But it is their job and they get paid for it so you'd expect them to put in the hard work. The customer is always right remember  ;)

• Like 1