Red Dead Revolver Trophy Discussion Thread

ddracarys

so they're remaking red dead revolver, I have it on PS2 and found it pretty crappy. I would stick with GUN (loved that game) RDR was a bore in my opinion

Now Red Dead Redemption, that's at a whole other level, that game was great

Actually, they aren't "remaking it", they are just re-releasing it as part of Sony's PS2 emulation on PS4 :) this means is the same original PS2 version but now with added trophy support, an upgraded 1080p resolution, and other social features.

You can find a complete list of all the PS2 emulations released as of now on the PS4 here: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/39948-ps2-on-ps4-games-list-and-discussion/

Edited by Finozzi1696

• 4 weeks later...

So this thread is obviously full of nonsense not really related to getting the actual trophies and/or useful information in that regard. Let me be the first one to drop some helpful hints. Beat normal and that unlocks hard (which people have already said) and bounty hunter mode. If you go look through the bounty hunter mode rewards (cheats), I would beat the game on normal and immediately go complete Chapter 27 challenge which rewards infinite health. Any cheats you unlock are then turned on in the options menu and can be used Anywhere from that point forward which would theoretically include your hard/very hard/other bounty challenges etc. playthroughs. That seems like a good start to make life easier for yourself in the long run. Have fun.

• Like 1

So this thread is obviously full of nonsense not really related to getting the actual trophies and/or useful information in that regard. Let me be the first one to drop some helpful hints. Beat normal and that unlocks hard (which people have already said) and bounty hunter mode. If you go look through the bounty hunter mode rewards (cheats), I would beat the game on normal and immediately go complete Chapter 27 challenge which rewards infinite health. Any cheats you unlock are then turned on in the options menu and can be used Anywhere from that point forward which would theoretically include your hard/very hard/other bounty challenges etc. playthroughs. That seems like a good start to make life easier for yourself in the long run. Have fun.

actually this "trophy thoughts, trophy discussion" thread aren't aimed at that, they are just made to simply discuss with others about the trophies, what you think about them, etc...

what you're saying corresponds more to a guide. still your info was useful for those interested.

Wouldn't cheats disable trophies though?

Wouldn't cheats disable trophies though?

Yeah, wouldn't it? Surely it would, that sounds way too easy to pull of while trophy hunting.

• 4 weeks later...

Only certain cheats for Bully disabled the trophies [all clothes for example], and I think that's more 'breaking' the trophy requirement more than disabling it. Since it probably doesn't count each item as an individual purchase when you unlock them all. Thus doesn't work in triggering the  requirement. So it wouldn't be surprising this is the same way.

Shame this doesn't have a platinum. I don't need one to buy a game, but it does get frustrating when games with the content to support a platinum don't have one. And then something like that Mayo game come out that doesn't even have the content for more than one trophy and yet it gets a platinum, demos have more content than that "game" and they don't get trophies [side note; I wish unique "prologue" demos did get trophies, but those kind of demos are a rarity]. I liked when there were easy to understand expectations. Arcade-y simple games got 100% lists, content rich games got platinums. But that's gone out the window and now it just seems random. There's no rhyme or reason to it anymore, and you can't try to argue there is anymore.

Ape Escape didn't even have a trophy for getting 100% ingame [unlocking all the extras]. I'm not necessarily bummed about that, given the RNG involved and how long it would take to get coins to get everything. But it's still annoying that a game that makes you play through the game completely, two times and collect 500 monkeys total, doesn't even get a fancy platinum. The game had a solid amount of content, and lesser content games have plats [all Namco arcade games, Mayo]. Just weird. I can understand they can't add "skill shot"  type trophies to an old game, unless it somehow already registers in the PS2 game that it can happen. [shame as Ape Escape 2 definitely could've had some fun "capture 2 monkeys in one swing" type trophies] But sheesh.

Maybe it's more that it sucks that when I really like a game, and get 100% it doesn't really show up anywhere unless you look at a list and sort by completion percentage. There's no instant "x number 100%s" anywhere, no page top highlight 100%'d games like Xbox Live has [does that still happen? wasn't perfect given DLC would break it for the core game, but it was one nice feature of achievements I liked]. I know the platinum itself is designed to show your 100% completion, but with the advent of DLC trophies and 100% lists it no longer serves as a good way to see what you've completed "100%".

Anyway, still think I might pick this up since it's on sale.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

Only certain cheats for Bully disabled the trophies [all clothes for example], and I think that's more 'breaking' the trophy requirement more than disabling it. Since it probably doesn't count each item as an individual purchase when you unlock them all. Thus doesn't work in triggering the  requirement. So it wouldn't be surprising this is the same way.

Shame this doesn't have a platinum. I don't need one to buy a game, but it does get frustrating when games with the content to support a platinum don't have one. And then something like that Mayo game come out that doesn't even have the content for more than one trophy and yet it gets a platinum, demos have more content than that "game" and they don't get trophies [side note; I wish unique "prologue" demos did get trophies, but those kind of demos are a rarity]. I liked when there were easy to understand expectations. Arcade-y simple games got 100% lists, content rich games got platinums. But that's gone out the window and now it just seems random. There's no rhyme or reason to it anymore, and you can't try to argue there is anymore.

Ape Escape didn't even have a trophy for getting 100% ingame [unlocking all the extras]. I'm not necessarily bummed about that, given the RNG involved and how long it would take to get coins to get everything. But it's still annoying that a game that makes you play through the game completely, two times and collect 500 monkeys total, doesn't even get a fancy platinum. The game had a solid amount of content, and lesser content games have plats [all Namco arcade games, Mayo]. Just weird. I can understand they can't add "skill shot"  type trophies to an old game, unless it somehow already registers in the PS2 game that it can happen. [shame as Ape Escape 2 definitely could've had some fun "capture 2 monkeys in one swing" type trophies] But sheesh.

Maybe it's more that it sucks that when I really like a game, and get 100% it doesn't really show up anywhere unless you look at a list and sort by completion percentage. There's no instant "x number 100%s" anywhere, no page top highlight 100%'d games like Xbox Live has [does that still happen? wasn't perfect given DLC would break it for the core game, but it was one nice feature of achievements I liked]. I know the platinum itself is designed to show your 100% completion, but with the advent of DLC trophies and 100% lists it no longer serves as a good way to see what you've completed "100%".

Anyway, still think I might pick this up since it's on sale.

I agree with this 100%. Sure the no Platinum thing gets annoying sometimes, but it isn't something that should define a choice to purchase or avoid a game. Great comment!