chickenbaltipie

PS4 Folders

38 posts in this topic

Thanks to 4.0 we have folders - yay

I have 53 games on my hard drive so this update was most welcome

Got mine set up into 4 folders

Coop - games that i mostly play coop with friends

Solo - when none of my friends are online

Kids - crap the kids play on their profiles that I don't want on my trophy lists

Media stuff - stuff like share-play PS live etc that i don't really use all that often

How do you guys use them?

I only use it on the Vita so that the icons don't mess up the background images :lol:.

Is this question extendable to PS3 users? Because I separate mine in 3: currently playing, downloaded and patched to play soon, done and helping other people with.

Welcome back :highfive:.

I put mine into Currently Playing, Platinumed or 100%ed, Need to Complete and & Other Crap

Currently Playing has games that I am currently playing or have yet to start.

Platinumed or 100%ed is self-explanatory

Need to Complete is either games I have finished but not got all of the trophies on or games I haven't finished yet

& Other Crap has things that aren't games that I can't get rid of off my home screen such as PS Music, PS Video, etc..

Is this question extendable to PS3 users? Because I separate mine in 3: currently playing, downloaded and patched to play soon, done and helping other people with.

YURI LIVES!!! AAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Folders is an awesome much needed feature, I just don't have a big enough hard drive to actually have a use for them. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 takes a fifth of my hard drive space.

I only made one folder:

Bloatware - Pretty much what the name suggests. PS Video, Media Room, Sharefactory, Spotify and all that crap that no one ever uses but they still don't let us delete it.

If only "What's New?" and Communities were something I could put in there too. What's New is probably the worst of them all as it shoves itself right in your face every time you boot the console. 

I delete games I don't play anymore so there's no need for anything else. 

Untouched, pending DLC, completed.

Stuff I'm currently playing is left on the main dash.

I have mine set up like this

Currently Playing

Coming Soon- Games I intend to play soon

Need to play.

Don't use- Stuff that can't be deleted that I don't use.

I only have a folder with all my games. This is by far one of the best features ever added to ps4 although it should have been there from day 1..

Currently playing

PS+ freebies

Puchases

Backlog

80 or so games sorted like that

I got:

PS+ Games

AAA Games

Indie Games

F2P Games

Games that are from a friend

And Utilities (shit)

It cleans that start up screen really good

Haven't created them yet since I don't have anything to play on PS4 so no reason to start it but when I do, I will have these:

• Weeb games - Main folder
  • To Play
  • Finished games

So far I made the folders...

• "Discs" - All my physical discs are here
  • "Indies" - Well, Independent games
  • "Free-2-Play"

I may consider create more folders such as "PS+ Games", "Games to 100%" or "Craps" (all the useless apps I never use). I may also add "Online Trophies" so I remind myself all the PS4 games with online trophies I haven't got yet, but I consult often my Trophies outside with my phone to refresh my remaining online trophies.

Wish I can "pin" apps though so they stay in a spot no matter I play games recently, but maybe in a near future.

I'm used to keep games for a while (in case of damn DLC trophies...) before I definitely delete them from my console.

I don't have too many games, so I haven't put them in a folder yet. So far my only folder is called 'Apps', and I put all that useless crap that I can't uninstall in there.

I only have one or two games installed at a time on the PS4 and play it until it's done before starting a new one. No point in making a folder for that!

These are the ones I made: 

Physical games

Digital games

PS2 games 

Indies

I'm ordering my games by series.or developer so far

FromSofware

Grand Theft Auto

Resident Evil

Teltale

I just can't understand why this took so long. I don't really organize games into separate folders but I do order them alphabetically.

Screenshot.jpg

I only made one folder:

Bloatware - Pretty much what the name suggests. PS Video, Media Room, Sharefactory, Spotify and all that crap that no one ever uses but they still don't let us delete it.

If only "What's New?" and Communities were something I could put in there too. What's New is probably the worst of them all as it shoves itself right in your face every time you boot the console.

This, except mine is titled "Whatever." I plan on using literally none of that stuff, ever.

Games that are from a friend

What you mean ?

What you mean ?

Games that are locked on my acc since a friend of mine already main someone else ps4. but since he got some couch co-op games and minecraft, which my young nephew is a big fan of. I keept those games

So far by genre, but small genres are combined with another one like Puzzle and Platform.

I just got around to doing mine:

• Unfinished Games
  • Games Not Started
  • Completed Games
  • App Dump

When I'm actively playing a game, I'll take it out of the folder so it's easier to access. My XMB (or whatever it's called) currently looks like this:

muxp518.jpg

Edited by Undead Wolf