question about NG+

Stargazer2600

after i complete NG+. Do all the games crossover each time? (collectables, upgrades, etc) cause i really dont want to have to hunt every collectable down on survivor mode :/ i would rather do the doors on survivor then do the rest with upgraded weapons on like a third playthough and more with each playthough after a different collectable until i get them all.

Does the NG+ work like that in this or no?

Yes, they carry over to different playthroughs so don't worry about that. Do keep in mind potential glitches though so make saves often and yeah, as mentioned above, going for Shiv's in one playthrough is a good idea. As for the rest of the collectables, I believe they do respawn in different playthroughs however you will not need to pick them back up if you have already done so and read everything on a different playthrough.

what about artifacts and such (letters, maps, notes, etc) and the skill books

I mentioned those because those are usually the type of collectibles to not reappear in games, but ND allowed it for some reason.

Yes, those items dont disappear either. However, the tool boxes dont respawn their contents. The other items probably stay to maintain the lore and atmosphere, or rather mechanic consistency (?) since some are legitimately tied to gameplay and story. Keeping the pendants was still pushing it though, not to mention it negates the choice of elimatination factor for collectible hunters.

Edited by Mar

• 1 year later...

So I've finished TLOU on grounded yesterday. So gonna start a new game+ on grounded now. When I start the game I can choose continue and it shows the prologue. But I can't see on there if its on Grounded+ settings. Should I use that option or start an entirely new game on grounded when I do that I don't get the new game+ option visually anywhere. 

My save game for my first grounded run now says prologue 0% complete, played for 6 hours 47minutes, collected 0 collectibles.

I just want to be sure I don't screw up my saves because I've done that before on a play through and I still need the trophy for upgrading all the weapons. I saw this in another forum a post about the save having to still be registered on your old play through to be able to get your stuff from first play through to transfer to Joel on Grounded+.