What TV/Monitor do you use for gaming?

Yukizm69

Basically what the title says. What TV or monitor do you use for gaming for your consoles or pc's?

I'm currently using a 32'' 720p TV from some brand called Q.Bell. I'm looking to replace it next month though as black dots have been popping on it these last few months and a huge burn on the left side magically appeared a few days ago and fear it's gonna die soon. I guess roughly 4 years is a good lifetime for a cheap brand TV?

Here is a pic of it.

yetyte_by_yukizm-dahtfgk.jpg

I'm currently looking to buy a Full HD 42'' LG TV this time. My dad has a 32'' Full HD LG TV and his PS3 games look so much better then mine, I can't imagine what current-gen would look like on it.

• Like 1

That's a nice clean setup. I got a 55" Samsung UHDTV on the basement for my PS3 but my sis is the one that keeps using it hence the lack of ps3 interaction atm. My PS4 though is connected to my 55" Samsung UHDTV Curved..... That's taking some space in my room but oh well :D

• Like 3

Seeing as two of you already own 4K TV's, how good are they when it comes to PS3 gaming? As in, is the framerate stable or any sort of lag? I can imagine the picture itself is pretty dope, I've seen similar TV's playing Hitman Absolution the other day in a shop, almost thought it was the new recent Hitman. :P

LCD.. I wouldn't get a Plasma ever.

Really? Never? They are the best TV technology for color reproduction! Even the bestbuy employees said there's nothing out there to compete with plasma yet. It's rare to get talked out of buying a tv from anyone who sells them. Even Panasonic admitted their 4k tvs "almost" reach the quality of their old plasmas but not quite yet.

I'm interested in why you dislike them so much. I love mine beyond belief, and my friends $2k 4k samsung led doesn't do it for me in comparison.

Really? Never? They are the best TV technology for color reproduction! Even the bestbuy employees said there's nothing out there to compete with plasma yet. It's rare to get talked out of buying a tv from anyone who sells them. Even Panasonic admitted their 4k tvs "almost" reach the quality of their old plasmas but not quite yet.

I'm interested in why you dislike them so much. I love mine beyond belief, and my friends $2k 4k samsung led doesn't do it for me in comparison.

I tend to go AFK a lot in games for quite long times, the image is more likely to burn on a Plasma and never go off.  This TV I have right now doesn't have any image burn at all compared to my last Sony TV which started to burn an image half an hour after idling.  Maybe if I didn't idle so much, I would have a Plasma.. I also usually don't give a fuck what employees say because in the end of the day, they are going to try and sell you the most expensive TV they can.  I usually come in having done research and know which TV I'm looking for exactly.

• Like 2

I tend to go AFK a lot in games for quite long times, the image is more likely to burn on a Plasma and never go off.  This TV I have right now doesn't have any image burn at all compared to my last Sony TV which started to burn an image half an hour after idling.  Maybe if I didn't idle so much, I would have a Plasma.. I also usually don't give a fuck what employees say because in the end of the day, they are going to try and sell you the most expensive TV they can.  I usually come in having done research and know which TV I'm looking for exactly.

Yes my plasma gets temporary burn in, but it dissappears within 10 minutes, at 5 you can't really notice. Though mine is one the latest panasonic plasmas before they stopped manufacturing and they don't get permanent burn in. I've left mine on all night with a game, I see the burn in, but it's gone in 10 min of playing.

Oh no I buy tvs based off of extensive reviews, all the recent tvs I bought for my family had to be shipped because they don't carry the ones that are amazing for the price point.

And I was just using an example that they talked me out of any tv they had because of my 2009 58" panasonic plasma. Which is rare as you know. It's also why I tell family not to buy anything from bestbuy or the like without me.

Now I can see why you dislike plasma though. Panasonic were the leaders before they dropped it. An lg plasma could never compare. Especially when burn in is a subject.

But I stand by that panasonic plasmas(after 2007/8) are superior. Until 70" 8k oled becomes as cheap as 1-2k(yes it doesn't exist yet.... I think...)

I'm currently using a 32" 720p Vizio (model # E321VL)

VIZIOE321VL%2032-in%20Class%20LCD%20720p 162300000_vizio-32-e321vl-flat-panel-lcd

It's been going strong for five years now. I really enjoy it but want to eventually upgrade to something a little bigger that outputs 1080p. I just recently stumbled upon this video, seems appropriate for this thread.

I had adjusted my tv settings horribly without knowing the consequences of not balancing contrast with brightness. My blacks were crushed and I was losing out on a lot of clarity and detail in the overall quality of the picture. I used this video and was super pleased with the image I got on my tv. Hope this helps :)  Cheers!

Edited by xoxoagent
  • Like 1

I'm currently using a 32" 720p Vizio (model # E321VL)

VIZIOE321VL%2032-in%20Class%20LCD%20720p 162300000_vizio-32-e321vl-flat-panel-lcd

It's been going strong for five years now. I really enjoy it but want to eventually upgrade to something a little bigger that outputs 1080p. I just recently stumbled upon this video, seems appropriate for this thread.

I had adjusted my tv settings horribly without knowing the consequences of not balancing contrast with brightness. My blacks were crushed and I was losing out on a lot of clarity and detail in the overall quality of the picture. I used this video and was super pleased with the image I got on my tv. Hope this helps :)  Cheers!

Funny, as I just watched this a few days ago with my dad and it really helped his TV when it comes to gaming. Entering a dark area in a game and the TV making it even more darker thanks to some default settings, was really annoying for the both of us.

So I second this video as well. :P

• Like 1

Funny, as I just watched this a few days ago with my dad and it really helped his TV when it comes to gaming. Entering a dark area in a game and the TV making it even more darker thanks to some default settings, was really annoying for the both of us.

So I second this video as well. :P

Ha! That's awesome that you were able to get your dads tv tuned properly :D . I didn't realize how much of a difference turning the post processing features off and tinkering with the settings could make. I had convinced myself that having crushed blacks looked better, I was wrong. It definitely took my eyes a couple days to adjust to the new settings, but after they did I was satisfied with the results. It's funny cos when I first came across your thread and picture of your tv I thought we had the same one!

• Like 1

Seeing as two of you already own 4K TV's, how good are they when it comes to PS3 gaming? As in, is the framerate stable or any sort of lag? I can imagine the picture itself is pretty dope, I've seen similar TV's playing Hitman Absolution the other day in a shop, almost thought it was the new recent Hitman. :P

My bad dude, I didn't check this again the last time I posted. 

The framerate is stable and I'm not seeing any lags at all seeing how my sis keeps playing FFXIII-series on it. So I'd recommend getting one if it's on a good sale though your setup is already amazing it's just your TV is 720p :P

Dunno how UK does it in when it comes to TV deals or sales. I got my first UHDTV for $1.5k CAD and it came with speakers too. My curved one I got for $3.2K CAD but it came with all the additional stuff and a bloody grill plus, a 5 year insurance just in case I wanna change the TV in the future :ninja:

• Like 1

samsung 55" HDTV...was cheap ($650CAD), looks good, and was the max size for my entertainment unit...first day i had it, was setting it up and was pushing the whole setup closer to the corner of the room...hadn't put one of the shelf brackets in properly and the shelf in the center of the entertainment unit came crashing down...the shelf itself, both ps3's, PC (dell version of a macmini), and center speaker smashed into the back of it before making some nice holes in the wall...broke off some of the components on the back of the tv...fortunately was able to have them repaired at a samsung dealer...was in the process of repainting my house so the holes are now also gone...still works fine today...

• Like 1

My bad dude, I didn't check this again the last time I posted. 

The framerate is stable and I'm not seeing any lags at all seeing how my sis keeps playing FFXIII-series on it. So I'd recommend getting one if it's on a good sale though your setup is already amazing it's just your TV is 720p :P

Dunno how UK does it in when it comes to TV deals or sales. I got my first UHDTV for $1.5k CAD and it came with speakers too. My curved one I got for $3.2K CAD but it came with all the additional stuff and a bloody grill plus, a 5 year insurance just in case I wanna change the TV in the future :ninja:

Cheers dude!

As much as I would love a 4K TV, I still think they are overpriced, at least right now. I doubt if I even have space for one. :P 

I dropped by the shop I'm planning to buy my TV from and lucky for me it's currently at a discount (360 euros instead of 400). I think it's quite a bargain for a 43'' full HD 300 Hz (If it makes any difference for gaming), so I'm really looking forward to it, once I buy it in one or two weeks time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally bought a 43''! Ended up going with a Philips 4100 series TV as they didn't have any LG's left in stock and compared to other TV's set up in the shop, this one impressed me and looked pretty the most.

I'm really loving it so far, that jump from 720p to 1080p is an amazing difference, not to mentioned video-games and movies look so slick! Also my current stereo set up sounds incredible plugged in it! Never thought it was capable of sounding this good after being plugged in two different TV's and a PC.

20161003_154516_by_yukizm-dajuv5w.jpg