Trophy 7 Day Survivor

resident44

any advice?

a guide to follow.

to make it easy, get the health books so food fully heals you and also make sure before all of this you should be level 50 and get the kill trophy so you get the mega man blaster that 2 hit kills people and to not use hp items till like 2 blocks of hp is left is all I can think of from when I got it on 360.

Edit: also use this to know where people are at so you can go there and kill them for the stuff they got http://deadrising.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_Mode/Survivor_Locations

Edited by KANERKB

put ps4 suspension mode does not pause the game??

you can keep the ps4 on but turn off the controller but you need to put the setting on to not turn off when not in use at all and pausing the game will stop time as well, so if you need to sleep or do something pause it and make sure the setting of turning off the ps4 is set to not turn off and then when you wake up or come back from what you were doing get back to it.

The game froze up on me during the 5th day. I was heading into the warehouse when it froze up, during the loading screen. So pissed. I'm aware you should avoid the food court on the 4th day, freezing up during the loading screen. Any other places on certain days during Infinity mode that freeze the game up if you enter them? Don't know when I'll have time to get that far again. Goddamn game. You know, re-releasing this game, you'd think they would clean out the bugs that were on the Xbox 360 version.

The game froze up on me during the 5th day. I was heading into the warehouse when it froze up, during the loading screen. So pissed. I'm aware you should avoid the food court on the 4th day, freezing up during the loading screen. Any other places on certain days during Infinity mode that freeze the game up if you enter them? Don't know when I'll have time to get that far again. Goddamn game. You know, re-releasing this game, you'd think they would clean out the bugs that were on the Xbox 360 version.

I've been playing Dead Rising 2, and there's been frequent crashes. I've experienced tons of glitches where I'll just start levitating up to the sky for no reason whatsoever, or I'll get stuck in the floor, etc. Oh, and the matchmaking for the multiplayer is totally broken. They are such lazy ports, and it's a real shame.

I hope you manage to get the trophy with no issues next time. I'm dreading doing 7 day survivor when I get to DR1. After the headache DR2 has been, I think I'll be holding off on that for quite some time.

• 2 weeks later...

Man I been putting off this trophy because I need time. It just seems like such a pain, but since I'm so close getting the platinum I will accomplish it. The wiki guides that everyone posted here is pretty helpful. Just have a tab open for it and constantly check your health while you watch tv, Netflix or youtube. That's what I plan on doing.

Edited by LethalBlade26

i platted this last week. putting your ps4 in rest mode wont work because your life drains so you have to keep a eye on it. i wrote a road map out that has some tips about time and etc.

basically what you wanna do is first get 3 health books. and then go to a part of the mall. find a high spot where nobody can hit you and you can idle, or a store that you can close the doors. nearly every section has a spot. make your way through every store gathering food and take it back to your camping spot.

make sure your level 50, and the blaster helps, as said above

when i got down to 2 food items left, usually 2 orange juices i went to the next area. by the time i hit 7 days i prob could of went longer by killing more psychopaths and stealing there food. i think i only killed like 5 or 6 total but after i got the trophy i was so tired i let myself die. 

its extremely boring, i listened to podcasts the entire night and had my controller wired next to me and refilled my life when it was down to one block so i didnt waste food.

the game crashed on me once during story mode. blue screen of death. luckily it was only that one time but ive heard others have it as well. cant really blame the game though, the blue screen of death has happened on tons of ps4 games, the first year of ps4 my error log was packed with blue screen crashes. sony obviously screwed up their hardware. it has improved since updates. but still happens here and there

watching movies while i play this is SO tedious. i am in leisure park with all 3 health books and 4 OJ and 3 GB Pizzas. i have been there almost 2hrs already. just sitting on top of the red room. i will probably pause the game when i go to bed but not do rest mode. and finish tomorrow since it is my day off. that way half tonight half tomorrow.

watching movies while i play this is SO tedious. i am in leisure park with all 3 health books and 4 OJ and 3 GB Pizzas. i have been there almost 2hrs already. just sitting on top of the red room. i will probably pause the game when i go to bed but not do rest mode. and finish tomorrow since it is my day off. that way half tonight half tomorrow.

I put the PS4 in rest mode during 7 Day survivor, to go to sleep. Worked fine for me. Just pause the game, then go to the PS4 dashboard and put the PS4 in rest mode. I guarantee your game will be right where you left it tomorrow morning.

I put the PS4 in rest mode during 7 Day survivor, to go to sleep. Worked fine for me. Just pause the game, then go to the PS4 dashboard and put the PS4 in rest mode. I guarantee your game will be right where you left it tomorrow morning.

i have done that before with Dead Rising. hopefully it wont blue screen me. I am currently at 5-6 (real time hrs) so that would be almost day 3.

EDIT:

Day 5 & 18 hrs (at last indication) just entered Entrance Plaza and killed the Hall family. currently in Nick-Nackery with the following items:

Wine x3

Orange Juice x2

Golden Brown Pizza x3

Cookies x2

Orange x2

Health books 1&2

Survival guide

plus the REal Mega Buster

2 small chainsaws

Entertainment

Criminal biology

Engineering

that should be enough food to last the last day and change. plus there are still 5 milks in the maintenance tunnels too.

Edited by DarkHarmonixer

i have done that before with Dead Rising. hopefully it wont blue screen me. I am currently at 5-6 (real time hrs) so that would be almost day 3.

EDIT:

Day 5 & 18 hrs (at last indication) just entered Entrance Plaza and killed the Hall family. currently in Nick-Nackery with the following items:

Wine x3

Orange Juice x2

Golden Brown Pizza x3

Cookies x2

Orange x2

Health books 1&2

Survival guide

plus the REal Mega Buster

2 small chainsaws

Entertainment

Criminal biology

Engineering

that should be enough food to last the last day and change. plus there are still 5 milks in the maintenance tunnels too.

What is this blue screen? I've never experienced it.

the ps4 sometimes gets random errors where the game will crash (any game). luckily i hit day 7 without incident. now i just need to redo PP collector for the hockey mask (forgot to save after getting it)

And then it urges you to send a report? In that case, that has happened to me many times with various games. But luckily it never happened to me while attempting the 7 Day Survivor mode. 

Finally got the platinum!!! What I did was get all the health books and then killed the psychopaths and waited until I had 1 health bar then ate the food. Find as much food in the area and then just drop them down and keep on eating until everything you dropped is gone. To check the time I just entered and exited the area, once I knew the time I decided who to go find for food and then repeated the process!! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have a question regarding food. I know there are some locations such as the restaurant on the second floor of Paradise Plaza, and the Grocery Store in North Plaza which have locations where you can get infinite food in the main game, but is there a limit in infinite mode? Assuming there is, are there respawn timers for any of the food in the plaza?

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 9/15/2016 at 1:22 PM, IJJosh said:

get to level 50, Get the Mega buster, fill rest of the slots with Orange Juice and then die of boredom lol

He is definitely not lying on that front. Especially on the boredom, man, I was not prepared to do this back in 06 when this came out all those years ago for the 360. haha