Platinums and 100% that you would you never do again

AbleArcher97

The original Mirror's Edge. Getting three stars on pretty much all the time trials was almost impossible. Also the parkour mechanics were absolutely broken, Catalyst improved it much better.

Lol I would actually love to Plat it again. Even 100% it.

For me it's

Batman Arkham origins- online killed with its grind and the I am the night mode was tough.

Vanquish- ID rather do challenge 6 again than get all of the freaking 112 collectables. However I'd also not want to revisit challenge 6... Lol

Prototype 1- getting platinum medals, collectables again... 200 landmarks and 50 hints... Plus 53,596 kill trophy..

Gta5, - lvl 100, and 100% in SP was a pain but I had fun most of the time luckily. Took me about 300 hrs in SP, and about 250 hrs online..

Any uncharted game.- as much as I love them, I wouldn't want to Play the game twice and get all treasures because well collectables, you get the idea. I freakin hate collectables.

Skyrim- massive grind and near the end, game felt like it was dragging a little. I could only imagine 100%ing it 0_0.

Lastly the abomination that is called goat simulator. Idk even know why I bought it. Not only was it not fun and its unique gloss wore off pretty fast to reveal only a polished turd, but flappy Goat trophy was the one of the worst thing ever at least for me. Took me hrs and I'm not joking.

Well that's all for me. For me my weakness is collectibles because nothing kills immersion than pausing the game constantly worrying about missing a collectable or just scouring the areas to find these useless items.. I said it before and I'll say it again, id rather experience a game on harder difficulty than to have collectibles in it

Edited by poopooblast
  • Like 2

As much as I love the Fallout series, the constant bugs and crashes really made it brutal to get through. I think even if they remastered them for PS4 I would say no as Fallout 4 even had its times of crashes and insanely long loading screens.

I love the Fallout series, but the only reason I even own the PS3 versions is because trophies.  If Bethesda remastered Fallout 3 or New Vegas, I would flip.  Unfortunately, since New Vegas was developed by rival studio Obsidian, Bethesda all but refuses to acknowledge it's existence, despite being the best Fallout in terms of role-playing and decision-making (besides maybe Fallout 2), so it's not going to get a remaster.  Ever.

However, I'll probably eventually get the plat in Fallout 3 instead of New Vegas because it's significantly easier.  In order to plat New Vegas you have to do all the endings, including the Caesar's Legion ending, which would just make me feel really, really shitty.  I'm a proud citizen of the New California Republic.

Borderlands: such a boring and empty game with the same 2-3 enemies over and over again.

Really?  That's a shame.  I played Tales from the Borderlands, the TellTale spin-off to the series, and it was an absolute masterpiece.  I was all ready to buy all three games and plat them all, but maybe I'll reconsider.

Edited by PantherPilot97

Hitman 2: glitchfest.

Hitman Contract: another glitchfest.

I'm sorry but, what glitches?  I mean, I don't think I've ever heard Silent Assassin & Contracts called "glitchfests".  I mean SA had Hidden Valley & At the Gates, both shit levels, (and the mission to shoot the singular dude in a convoy w/ Anti-Materiel Rifle on Professional) but that's just shittily designed levels, not glitches (except for one).

Thanks :D. I still don't understand why people were so hyped about it :dunno:. Even in co-op the game was horrible.

Yeah and that Mad Moxxi DLC was absolute torture as well.

Others for me were:

Borderlands 2 - just more of the same as the original

Uncharted 2 - (DLC was a pain). UC3 actually is pretty good dlc wise and I am still not done yet but MAN is it a pain with the 250 wins, treasures and other random trophies, I would not start it again.

Skyrim - fun games for a good while but near the end its just running and button mashing and similar environments

mass effect 2 - I really didn't enjoy this one, just the controls felt weird, was sort of boring imo and long to boot. I actually stopped playing at 17% completion when I first started and it wasn't til like a year or 2 later I                         got myself to go back and finish it.

Dynasty Warriors 7 - I love these games but why do they always need trophies like max out everyone's affection. I was mindlessly grinding the same 2 min level for like a week

Really?  That's a shame.  I played Tales from the Borderlands, the TellTale spin-off to the series, and it was an absolute masterpiece.  I was all ready to buy all three games and get ready to plat them all, but maybe I'll reconsider.

Tales from the Borderlands was amazing i thought even after playing BL 1 and 2. its most of a telltale game with Borderland theme than a Borderlands game, has some of the humor (which I did like about Borderlands) although in Borderlands its a lot of running around back ad forth across wastelands and such so actual content is sparsely distributed

• Like 2

Really?  That's a shame.  I played Tales from the Borderlands, the TellTale spin-off to the series, and it was an absolute masterpiece.  I was all ready to buy all three games and get ready to plat them all, but maybe I'll reconsider.

Yeah the first Borderlands game is completely the opposite of Tales from the Borderlands:

• Hardly any story
  • Large, empty areas with the same 2-3 enemies
  • Recycled side quests that makes you run all over the map
  • Retarded vehicle controls
  • Lots of grindy and random drop trophies

Do yourself a favour and skip the first game. Borderlands 2 is a huge improvement. It has an actual story and humour.

I'm sorry but, what glitches?  I mean, I don't think I've ever heard Silent Assassin & Contracts called "glitchfests".  I mean SA had Hidden Valley & At the Gates, both shit levels, (and the mission to shoot the singular dude in a convoy w/ Anti-Materiel Rifle on Professional) but that's just shittily designed levels, not glitches (except for one).

Did we play the same games? I'm too lazy to write everything, so here's a quote from my checklist:

:platinum: #58 Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

July 26 2013

1Lb372ea.png

The professional difficulty was a real challenge. There are more enemies, they react faster and disguises are easier discovered. The story is very vague and only explained right before the final mission. There are also a lot of glitches, mainly in the final mission. Enemies can see through walls and have a hearing that would even make superman jealous. If you're caught wearing certain disguises, guards will keep following you to check your ID until you're disguise is blown (instead of stopping after 1 check). After that every guard on the map will swarm you (which is completely useless on Professional, because 3-4 hits will kill you). Also, if they find someone you killed without any witnesses, they'll automatically know that it was a bald guy and start looking for you.

:platinum: #59 Hitman Contracts

July 29 2013

1Lb372ea.png

Entertaining game, story is confusing because of the flashbacks and the present day missions are all mixed up. It's great to see another game that partially plays in The Netherlands (mission 5 & 6), the other game being Sly 3 with the aviator tournament. Of course there were the usual glitches: enemies seeing through walls, enemies hearing you while sneaking, enemies being stuck in a wall or the floor. There was also a target whom I drowned (got the trophy as proof) only for him to come back to life, run away and alert every guard in the hotel   :| .

Yeah and that Mad Moxxi DLC was absolute torture as well.

Ugh, don't remind me of that torture. The game froze during round 19 in one of the large challenges T_T. Three hours of mindlessly killing enemies down the drain.

• Like 1

Borderlands 2 was better than 1, but after playing the original I got tired of 2 very quickly.

How could I forget about....

Venetica - long, absolutely terrible in every way ( seriously everything about this game was bad). Thing is it's even stackable I think with some other region so I could even plat it again.......wait why am I even thinking of the possibility of that.

• Like 1

Not many come to mind. I've enjoyed going for almost every platinum that's on my profile, and I wouldn't be against doing them again. Even games like Vanquish and Catherine. I do like stacking platinums. Maybe I'm weird, I dunno. :P

One game I can definitely say I would never want to do again is Binary Domain, and that's mainly down to the massive online grind. Now I've played plenty of games that require large amounts of grinding before (I still haven't gone back to SO4 yet), but since it's a multiplayer grind, a lot of it is out of my control. Maybe someone isn't available for a month, or someone could just decide to bail on the rest of us, and there would be nothing I could do about it. Now the people I played with were actually very good boosting partners, but the risk is always there, and it makes things kind of stressful. 

Really?  That's a shame.  I played Tales from the Borderlands, the TellTale spin-off to the series, and it was an absolute masterpiece.  I was all ready to buy all three games and plat them all, but maybe I'll reconsider.

You shouldn't skip a game just because someone else says not to. If you wanna play it then go for it. You never know, it may turn out to be a favourite  ;)

OT my choice would be Hitman Go. It was boring. I only played it because it was Hitman.

• Like 1

In terms of games getting remasters, there isn't a game I wouldn't repeat for another plat. But if we're talking about theoretically making a new profile, then I wouldn't want to repeat any of my games; I'd just quit at that point.

Black Ops 3 - probably the worst grind I've done. I'd need a long break before I'd consider doing it again.

• Like 1

In terms of games getting remasters, there isn't a game I wouldn't repeat for another plat. But if we're talking about theoretically making a new profile, then I wouldn't want to repeat any of my games; I'd just quit at that point.

I was thinking more along the lines of games that you wouldn't have gone for the platinum in the first place if you knew what a pain in the ass it was going to be.  Games that, if you were magically transported back in time to before you platinumed them, there's no way in hell you would do it again.

Edited by PantherPilot97

I was thinking more along the lines of games that you wouldn't have gone for the platinum in the first place if you knew what a pain in the ass it was going to be.  Games that, if you were magically transported back in time to before you platinumed them, there's no way in hell you would do it again.

I see. In that retrospective sense, I maintain that there's no game I wouldn't "do again" because I believe that, regardless of length or difficulty, each game has something to take from it that makes you better. I'm glad I did Black Ops 3, as it means I'll be better prepared for even worse grinds in the future.

What about you, OP?