Platinums and 100% that you would you never do again

AbleArcher97

I see. In that retrospective sense, I maintain that there's no game I wouldn't "do again" because I believe that, regardless of length or difficulty, each game has something to take from it that makes you better. I'm glad I did Black Ops 3, as it means I'll be better prepared for even worse grinds in the future.

What about you, OP?

I have only one: Wonderbook: Book of Spells.  That game was a boring tech demo with a Harry Potter theme.  I felt compelled to finish it once I started.  Other than that, though, I enjoyed every platinum and 100% I've earned.  Most of them are TellTale games, because I love them and would play them even if there were no trophies.  I also had a lot of fun getting the platinum for CoD Modern Warfare 2 and World at War.

You shouldn't skip a game just because someone else says not to. If you wanna play it then go for it. You never know, it may turn out to be a favourite  ;)

I have a huge backlog to get through.  I'll probably play them someday.

Edited by PantherPilot97
  • Like 1

I enjoyed Borderlands, quite a lot actually, but I guess that was at the time, not sure how I'd feel playing it now, it is 7yrs old.   Bit surprised it's on here.   There's no denying the games have vastly improved story wise, but 1 still has the best loot system, by far imo, and the some great dlc, Zombie Island was brilliant.   Anyone else remember when Borderlands was initially announced?   Game had a very different feel to it:

God of war 1. those challenges are a bitch, however it was slightly easier then it was on ps2. 

The problem with those is that you have to beat them in one sitting. God of War 2 (and the rest of the GOW games) improved this by letting you rest between challenges/finish what you like whenever you want.

On my behalf i don't have any complaints about my 2 platinum but i think that Castlevania Lords of Shadow will give me headaches with the level challenges, specially the ones that involve beating the titans in a specific time. Another one would be Metal Gear Revengeance and the run on "Revengeance" difficulty with "S" notes on all chapters.

Edited by Vampirehunter145

For me it goes like this:

Crysis 3: boosting the mp trophies were reaaaally difficult because of public lobbies. Getting 6 players as minimum was a challenge, but then randoms joined because the lobbies are up for 12 people... way to much

Proteus: the worst game i played on ps3, ps4 and vita so far... so fucking boring....

Remember Me: Visuals and Story good, combo/fight system shit... better some Batman: Arkham game than this a 2nd time :D

As soon as i reach plat and 100% in GTA 5, i could add that here :facepalm::D

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God

Trust me, there's a reason why its platinum is ultra rare.  The reason is because Bookworm is an incredibly annoying and tedious trophy that requires a ton of grinding to get.  I also don't care much for roguelikes and I learned that due to this game.  I only platinumed the game because I was determined not to let the game win against me.

An honorable mention to Dragon Fantasy Book II though.  It isn't that the platinum is annoying or hard or anything, it's the fact that the game crashed or froze more than some buggy PC games I've played.

• Like 1

Darksiders : Pretty boring is all.

Bayonetta : Mostly because of how poorly it runs on the PS3.

Star Wars the Force Unleashed : Sith Master difficulty being one of the most unfair difficulties ever along with the grindy force power trophies.

Dante's Inferno : Really boring God of War clone.

Assassin's Creed II : This series is dead to me now.

Sound Shapes : Death Mode wasn't fun.

Bioshock : Boring.

Remember Me : Boring.

Uncharted Golden Abyss : The final boss on Crushing is one of the worst boss fights ever.

Dragon Fantasy Books 1 and 2 : Glitchfests. Especially Book 2.

Mass Effect 1 : PS3 port is terrible.

Corpse Party Blood Drive : Glitchy, a terrible story and a shit end to the series.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 and 2 (And 3 as well when I bother to finish it) : Gameplay is bad and the characters quickly become annoying and un-likeable.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle : Shit fighter.

Lords of the Fallen : Poorly done Souls clone.

Goat Simulator : You know why.

Alice Madness Returns : The original Alice is horrible and the collectables are just as bad.

• Like 2

Just cause 2

Everything about that game was just so damned repetitive. That 75% completion trophy was possibly the most boring thing I've ever done in gaming. Every base was pretty much identical, the guard's said the same 3 lines over and over again and the collectibles were all in the same places. You'd finish one and your completion would go up by 0.1% eurgh.....

I'm sure there are more but good Lord I'd go back and undo that one if I could

I enjoyed pretty much all my trophies. If I had to pick one, I'd say MvC3. That mission trophy wasn't too bad but I'm really out of practice now so I don't know if I could do it again.

Also, I guess Megaman 10. I did the Mr Perfect trophy with Megaman instead of Proto so it was quite a bit harder. I probably could do it again but I'd take the easier route this time.

• Like 1

Sound Shapes: Those death levels were so god damn awful, wasn't going to autopop the plats on the other lists but after the incredible frustration of going through those lists I felt like I deserved it. Completely random layouts that have little to do with skill or practice. 

Uncharted Golden Abyss: The last boss and the bounties... again, completely random and nothing to do with skill. Infuriating.

Rune Factory Oceans (/Tides of Destiny): Getting 100 colds. I mean, really, what the hell is the point of that? Killing yourself over and over and not even having 100% chance to get a cold. Sooooo tedious!

Ether One: Not a long/difficult game by any means but I've never played something so fundamentally broken in my life. Glitches were horrible, and despite it only taking me 7 hours to get the plat it was probably one of the most frustrating experiences having to start from scratch 5 or 6 times.

And on a side note, Deadly Premonition, haven't got the plat yet, but that's because the game has failed to register some card collectibles IN THREE CONSECUTIVE PLAYTHROUGHS, making the plat impossible on that run. Only trophies left as well. Argh.

• Like 1

I was thinking more along the lines of games that you wouldn't have gone for the platinum in the first place if you knew what a pain in the ass it was going to be.  Games that, if you were magically transported back in time to before you platinumed them, there's no way in hell you would do it again.

If you put it like that, I'd also say I'd do them all again. I wouldn't do some of them twice though. However, there are some, like SSF4 which I have plat multiple times on different accounts. Also, I've done the plat requirements for Demon's and Dark Souls 2 on more than a few occasions.

Some of these posts in this thread are funny though. I found the complaining of GoW1 plat to be a gas considering that was my first plat and that I obtained it completely by accident. Also, if you're calling Bioshock boring, you need to sell all your systems and games and only ever be able to give opinions with grunts and hand jestures.

Assassins Creed II - does not hold up well mechanically.

Call of Duty: Ghosts - did it twice but never again...

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - probably the biggest yawnfest of all the CoDs. Sticking with BLOPS here on out.

Onechanbara - grind and simple mechanics made this boring in the end.

There are others, but these stood out in my mind.

I didn't mind sound shapes only 2 of the Death mode levels got turned into horrible grinds for me.  But I was away with work at the time and grateful for Vita gaming in the evenings.

AC: Liberation on the Vita, that multiplayer was the worst ever.

Everyones gone to the rapture - the movement speed on that game.....

Surge Deluxe - that Grinder man trophy....

MGS 2.  I love MG and was considering getting it for the Vita, but infinite VR missions and the dogtags made it out of the question.

RE5.  The MP grind is horrendous.

Rayman Legends.  Everything was doable, but getting a diamond cup in MP took months (putting lots of hours in). 

Sparticus Legends.  It was pretty fun for a F2P, but the difficulty factor is crippling and the grind is aweful (even with the holiday bonus xp)

Other F2P games: ecolibrium, shakespears and get off my lawn