Platinums and 100% that you would you never do again

AbleArcher97

Only two:

AC III Liberation Vita - terrible MP and lots of trophy grind.."Climb 8848" the absolute worst

Watch_Dogs - went back to it after 2 years to plat recently after getting exhausted with the side missions first time around... the drinking game challenge is terrible! + what has it got to do with being a hacker?!?!... actually found the harder rounds easier after drinking myself!

Here are the ones that have stuck in my mind going for 100%

Red Dead Redemption (online): A great but slightly tedious single player campaign (getting 100%). The online component is the biggest mess I've come across so far. Hacked public servers, DLC store content that didn't work - kicked out of Undead Overrun, someone appeared as a Jaguar in single player. The only saviour that made 100% possible was having private servers for DLC, without that it would have been impossible for Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace as if a random tried to join an existing game it would kick you out. The one game I never want to touch again - except I'm helping a real life friend at the moment.  :angry:

Uncharted 3 (online): Uncharted 2 was just about acceptable but this was in a different league. I've met a lot of good people on this journey though and that was the only positive. Such arrogance by Naughty Dog - they made a system that was difficult to boost in, yet even with boosting it would take well over 100 hours. The reality became 200 hours due to matchmaking, ring of death, DC's etc. Requirements were harder for non-elites to earn medals compared to UC2. Without boosting and without being a pro it would take 100's of hours to do. In short they f***ed it up. I had enjoyed this series up to this point but I have no urge at present to touch UC4.

Skyrim: The rave reviews this game received - best game ever! Kiss my arse. Yes it was vast with lots to do but it was boring as hell, the combat never changed and as dungeons scaled with your level you fought the same ones over and over again with no change at all. I was so happy when this overhyped game was out the way even though it was funny being able to scale a vertical cliff with a horse.

Dead Rising 2: This was an average game, not great, not bad but the collectables ruined it. No way of tracking things except with spreadsheets or printouts. So many pointless trophies.

Batman Arkham City: What an amazing game and then came the DLC. Having to master and complete Predator and Combat challenges with characters I couldn't give 2 shits about. I really disliked this game by the time I'd finished.

The problem being a completionist is that if these games were on my profile I'd feel I'd have to do it again

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace PS3, collecting all the cards again is just insane!

Space Channel 5 part 2, some parts in the game is a luck based to get perfect rating.

One Piece Unlimited World Red PS3, collecting all the useless words is just pointless, and some of the words probably have 1% chance of you unlocking it after finishing a mission.

Dead Space 3, dem stupido online trophies, the time I was boosting them with a friend of mine a couple of times we lost connection with each other and the server was laggy at the time, i never enjoy the online co-op at all, though at least it was worth seen the different sanity mind trip for each characters.

Legend of Kay Anniversary PS3, the ps3 port have a game breaking bug that once you reach a specific area in the game your whole ps3 will just froze! some explosion on the screen happen on a bridge making the game to froze, I found a solution in the Internet of how you pass that part, even with that I just pass the darn part by luck and now wanted to plat the game again on my brother account but until these stupid lazy devs will move their butts and patch the ps3 port ( which it may never gonna happen ).

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 episode 1, Untouchable trophy? LOL! never again!!

The Last of Us, don't get me wrong, I really love this game so much it's currently my no.1 ps3 game, but the online trophies isn't my cup of tea. people found grounded and survival difficulty are pain in the ass but I enjoy them so much, I got every single trophy for the story mode but the online like the firefly and hunter journey it's my brother who's addicted to TLOU multiplayer mode are the one who's unlock them and plat the game for me with them.

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood: Very annoying Extreme difficulty which was unfair at times. Especially the duels felt really, really bad. Also multiplayer grinding when no one is playing the game, and this was over 2 years ago before it was free from ps plus.

Grid 2: Not a bad game or hard platinum I just didn't like the trophies for some reason and would never do them again.

LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues: Worst Lego game I have ever played

Rogue Legacy: I love this game but the trophies are just too hard for me to do them all over again

Ac Unity: For obvious reasons. Also it is the only Assassin's Creed game which took me 6 months to just finish the story. I don't even know why I 100% it in the first place :D

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD: Shortest AC game (apart from the chronicles games) and somehow the most boring one, beats even Unity. I had actually forgotten this game before making this list.

Edited by Riddler535

I've gone through some serious tests of patience in my 8 years of trophy hunting... There are many I wouldn't realistically do again, but 5 notable pain in the ass ones would have to be:

- FEAR 2 Project Origin - I've done many boosts and this one was by far nightmare level for bordem. It was literally 200 hours of back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. I'm a very determined person and I can't think of a game that tested my patience as much as that one did.

- Warhawk - I actually didn't dislike my time with this game when I boosted through it. No one likes boosting, so my way of doing things is always have a trophy friend with ya, and a good friend of mine did this game with me. But it took a LONG time, and doing it again would just be stupid. It might have been stupid the first time haha. =P

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 - I absolutely loved this game, and games like it. But that one trophy where you have to do all the online challenges with the laggy/choppy servers was just horrendous. Many, many thanks to Sergen-The-Boss for the huge help he gave for UN1/3/5 and a few of the MN ones (can't remember the exact ones, I think MN5 was one). 

Crysis 2 - Nothing against this game, I like Crysis, but the online was a bad experience for me and taints my memory of this game. Too bad, really.

Battlefield Bad Company - This one I did very recently and I didn't hate my time with because of the people I was with, but I am without a doubt very lucky to have had the group of boosters I did. Super dedicated and reasonable people and great group host. I did the 10k kills mostly legit, maybe about 80% of it roughly. I definitely can't say I'd ever touch this game again lol.

Edited by Lyrikk
Added specific credit to the NGS2 portion to rectify the mistaken absence.

Gone Home: I hated the game and the Homerunner trophy was just horrible.

LittleBigPlanet Karting - Terrible online sessions and a boring 24 hours in Create Mode trophy.

Run Sackboy! Run! - The totally random Lucky Chests drops with a terrible drop rate to get the jackpot. Yeah, I had a blast opening chests, closing the game, downloading saved date from the cloud, booting up the game, opening chests, etc. for a few hours straight  <_<

Uncharted: Golden Abyss - I liked the game itself but collecting all those bounties which all appear randomly and the terrible boss fight on Crushing, ugh.

• Like 1

If we're taking about stacking plats, either on another system or a simple remaster, my answer is all of them. I don't like seeing the same game multiple times on one list. Remakes are a gray area, would probably depend on how much changed.

If we're talking about going back in time and telling previous me which games to skip, the first thing that comes to mind is Two Worlds 2. So boring and clunky, and the mp is pretty terrible.

Pier Solar was pretty meh for me. I guess I'm spoiled. Because I remember playing Chrono trigger, the Breath of Fire games, and all the old FF games. Pier just didn't have the same charm.

Cabella's Adventure Camp. My kids had it and once I saw it only took like 3 hrs I jumped on it. Game is not good and I'm honestly a little ashamed it's on my profile.

If I ever get around to finishing Doom 3 it will definitely go on this list.

Edited by Hemiak

Brink: That !@#$ can kiss my %^&! Your A.I. teammates need glasses...and a brain :devil:

Dead Space 3: not because I hate it cuz it's one of my favorite games, but because I played through it so many times in order to get the plat for myself and other people. I'd say in about 2 years I might be ready to play it again :P

Honorable Mention:

Soul Calibur V: I should have it plat'd in ~6-7 days, but I will never play that game again. Grinding out 87,000+ meters when your character generally only gets about 5 meters per match, all for a lousy bronze? Not even close to being worth it. :facepalm:

Thanks :D. I still don't understand why people were so hyped about it :dunno:. Even in co-op the game was horrible.

I like it, both 1 & 2. But, it is kinda boring -_- . Every quest is either collect something or kill someone.

Edited by The_Blackout_Kid

In reality, I likely won't do any of them again.  It is hard enough to find time to keep up with new releases and make progress on the backlog.  In theory, if I enjoyed a game enough to platinum it, I would do it again.  Even for games I love, I won't torture myself for trophies so rarely end up doing anything that I hate or have grown tired of.  Of course, it took me a little while to realize this as I have adopted to my new role as a dabbler in trophies and there are a few plats during this transition time that I wouldn't do again given infinite time, namely Teslagrad, Hyperdimension Action U, and Senran Kagura Bon Appetit.  Didn't really like the game, not a big fan of the musuo genre, and too repetitive  - in that order.

Edited by awf9495
  • Like 1

Surgeon Simulator -- Very frustrating game.  Some games are really difficult, but at least when you fail over and over you feel like it's your fault and that you can do better with practice.  With Surgeon Sim, you feel like it's the game's fault.   :angry:

Terraria -- I wouldn't plat it again the way I did.  This game is either really easy to plat (if you get most items you need given to you by another player who duped them), or really grindy (if you farm all the drops yourself).  I did it the grindy way.  Once was enough.    :P

I have had it relatively easy since I don't tend to bother with trophies and/or platinums that are extremely difficult in order to get a lower profile trophy percentage average. But there are a couple exceptions.

Mega Man Legacy Collection - less than two percent of all owners on PSNProfiles have all the trophies for it and last time I checked on the PSN, only 0.2% of owners have the Gold x50 trophy. I guess I'm the 172nd person to obtain all the trophies on this website, which considering there's over 10,500 owners, I feel pretty proud of it.

I don't want to 100 percent it again anytime soon because the robot boss challenges for Megaman 2 and 3 were very difficult. You can skip four challenges in this collection as there are 54 challenges, but you must obtain gold for all the others. A couple challenges in particular make you want to glitch the Megaman 1 bosses, because otherwise you're not going to finish in time to obtain a Gold Metal.

Overall the collection isn't as difficult as say Ninja Gaiden Sigma or Super Meat Boy, but if you don't have to patience to sit through many hours of going through the challenges, it's probably best to ignore them.

Batman Arkham Asylum - Out of all the platinums I have this is the one that I'm most proud of. The story itself is straightforward enough and fairly easy even on Hard difficulty, but the challenges can be a real pain. Combos expire in a split second and you must utilize all of Batman's moves to get a good score. Similar to Megaman, this game took a lot of attempts before I was able to nab the Freeflow Gold trophy. Hopefully Arkham City and Arkham Knight won't be as bad. I definitely don't want to go through the challenges again.

Edited by Spastic

Okay, so I'll mostly be listing games, from my old account James01367.

1. X-Blades - This is one of the worst, most annoying, badly designed pieces of digital media, masquerading as a game. The music was awful, combat was painful, the story was virtually non-existent, the graphics looked like early PS2 graphics. This game, just everything about it is awful, please, please, PLEASE do not play this game. I couldn't stomach playing this game again, it's just utterly awful.

2. Anarchy: Rush Hour - One of the worst racing/driving games I've had the misfortune to play. This game was also made by X-Blades creators. All the cars are floaty/slidy. You go too damn fast, there's no weight to the cars. It's more tolerable than X-Blades, but it is so NOT worth playing. It has literally nothing to ofeer you. Play Wheelman, Play Split/Second Velocity. Play Burnout Paradise, they're all good racing games. Skip Anarchy: Rush Hour though.

3. SAW - This game is not a good game. It's just not a well-designed game. It's not utter garbage, but it's pretty unsatisfying. Especially for a movie licensed game. Skip it and play X-Men Origins: Wolverine, that's a much better, movie licensed game.

4. Alone in the Dark - This game is just kinda lame and lackluster. It had some interesting ideas, but it's ultimately not a very good game, and one I can happily leave out of my trophy collection.

AC Brotherhood because of online, but now it will be easy on ps4 for the remaster, but I don't have time to replay games right now. I have a lot on my plate lol. I haven't 100% Trials Fusion yet, but I don't want to do all the challenges again, I could but don't want to lol. I dont want to do Killzone 2 again, I put in 17 hours to do all 10 online trophies and the only reason I'm saying this is because the game is broken and nothing saves. Actually haven't platted it yet, need to beat it on elite lol. Really though I had fun with all my plats so far, that's why I am a Trophy Hunter because I like the challenge and it was fun, now I have to worry if a game has online or not...

Dont have platinum but i complete online trophies:

-Battlefield BC 1 that hard awards

-Grid autosport arround 1500 race online in boost oval race

-Killzone 2 the server dont always save your stats, so have to play 3X-4X more than if it was normal.

Have the platinum

-MK 9 grind mastery all player

-Test drive unlimited 2 was not bad but dont want to remake this again, long game and bad server hard join friends with 8 players trophy

-Sonic and all stars racing transformed (I have not use the glitch for time ghost race and i make all races before realise that i just have to make normal race and not necessary to make the reverse too -_-) but was very cool challenging game.

Edited by Carrier13

Time Crisis Razing Storm - only because it was one of the most boring games I had a chance of boosting

Battlefield Bad Conpany - I dont even want to think about doing 10k kills and all badges/awards again

Twisted Metal - because of some crazy as hell annoying comunity on this game which likes to make live harder for trophy hunters who simply likes to boost

• Like 1

1. Borderlands - It started good, but then it felt a bit repetitive

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut - So so boring game, and getting all the cards and side quests was so tedious

AC: Rogue - Game is good, but it has too many collectables and other quests/stuff to do.