Platinums and 100% that you would you never do again

AbleArcher97

I would never do again:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - I could do the plat again, but never the 100%, all that senseless RNG grinding for treasures were too much!

Max Payne 3 - NYMHC was super stressful and it took years off my life lmao, plus grinding to level 50 by playing the same mission over and over and over and over.. well you get the point.

Drawn to Death - Goddamn this shit was boring, I didn't even play it, more like boosted the entire thing.

Stardew Valley - Same as NYMHC from Max Payne 3, Fector's Challenge is something I never want to go through again.

Killzone 2 - Valor Grand Cross. Being at the top 1% at the end of the week meant grinding heavily, I remember coming home from work and just playing it until bed time for a week, it was fun at the time, but I could never do it again.

• Like 1

Oof, so many of them.... 

AC Brotherhood

KZ SF

KZ2

Gwent

FFXV

Mafia 3

Rocket League 

Mad Max (did it twice cuz glitch)

GTAV (twice is good enough ?)

Absolver

The Division

TW3 (to much work)

Destiny 

Rise of the Tomb Raider 

Fallout 4 (pure GARBAGE)

Souls 2 (annoying)

Driveclub.... 

MGSV 

TLOU 

FIFA 14

NFS (all)

ICO 

Shadow of the Colossus 

Naruto games

Etc.

Honestly, I wouldn't do 90%+ of what I've done again.  

• Like 1

Darksiders Trilogy- There are somewhat annoying collectibles would go For The upcoming Darksiders Genesis

Final Fantasy XIII-II - I never want to go through a sheet of paper for every weapon

(FF XIII ).

Monster Data and Fragment Locations

( FF XIII-II )

Attack on Titan 1-2 -The game is very grindy.

- I had to play alone and go all out in

Inferno Mode.grinding Alote of Materials to craft every Weapon for The collectible Trophy.

Devil May Cry (1-2-3-4-5) - The game is Awesome but it requires a lot of Skill and Timing From Getting The S-Rank.

Megaman X Legacy Collection I-II - I had a hard Time on X7 because I really dislike it.

• Like 1

Get Off My Lawn - Crap game for the Vita that is free. Extremely boring and tedious to get all the trophies.

--

Assassins Creed Unity - Worst Assassins Creed game I've played.

Tedious and annoying collectibles, shit combat system, boring protagonist, dull and confusing story that ends on a whimper, no memorable cast, crappy parkour mechanics, lame side missions.

If this game ever gets remastered or re-released for a newer console, I will just skip it and find other games more worth my time.

--

Sound Shapes - Death Mode basically. Doesn't bother me I stacked this game six times.

--

Sly Cooper 2 and Sly Cooper 3 - After realizing how kidlike these games are, and the unskippable cutscenes, probably best I never touch these games again.

Sly 3 had some frustrating challenges to go with it.

--

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Boring walking simulator with a stupid trophy list.

--

Ether One - Same as above, only a bit less interesting.

--

Magus - Bought it specifically for the trophies. Never again.

--

Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space - Same as Magus.

--

Adam's Venture Origins - Crappy Uncharted wannabe game without the combat that takes place in the 1920s. Stiff animation, so so graphics and just a rather boring game to play through.

--

Killzone HD - Has not aged well and is tedious playing to the end with four different characters. Everything felt dated.

--

Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within - One of the worst examples of a PS2 game getting a crappy port on the PS3.

The entire time I was playing this game I was afraid of the infamous Sand Portal glitch, where a cutscene would not activate upon trying to teleport to the final area.

Sound quality was shit. Game mechanics were dated and flawed. Worst of all is the fact you have to play through this THREE times because the difficulty related trophies do not stack.

--

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - Ubisoft brought back the more light hearted side of the Prince instead of the more badass sounding Prince from Warrior Within.

Boss fights were awful. I didn't think this was as bad as Warrior Within but it was definitely clear that both games have aged very poorly. Still have to play this three times over.

--

Broken Age - Medicore point and click from Tim Schafer. Acting was dull. Too many missable trophies. You have to speed run the game a second time finishing in under one hour.

A short game but a chore from start to finish.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2016 at 7:55 PM, AbleArcher97 said:

Of all of the games that you have platinumed and/or one-hundred percented, which ones were the biggest pain in the ass?  Which ones would you never ever agree to do again?

Elder Scrolls Online and GTAV. Or anything with extensive online trophies really. 

Yakuza Kiwami. I loved it, it’s a fantastic game and my first ever JRPG but those climax battles and some of Haruka’s requests are just ugh.

I probably wouldn’t touch Just Cause 3 again because some of the wing suit challenges are quite difficult.

Edit: I wouldn’t replay any of my games. Once is enough with the exception of GTAV which I completed three times, I don’t even know why. 

Edited by Emiinah

Mortal Kombat (2011) - Too much of a grind, annoying online trophies and irritating requirements for accessing secret fights (e.g. double flawless victory against Shang Tsung).

Grand Theft Auto IV - Online trophies are too much of a hassle, and I wouldn't care to go for :silver: Endangered Species or :bronze: TBoGT: Gold Star again.

Grand Theft Auto V :silver: Masterminds, need I say more?

Resident Evil 5 - I really didn't enjoy this game very much. A shame - the original trilogy on the PS1 is outstanding. I'd hate to have to go through it all over again, especially Desperate Escape on Professional difficulty. Annoying multiplayer trophies too. I think I made the right decision in ignoring Resident Evil 6.

Red Dead Redemption - Again, due to the online trophies. Especially :silver: Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker Ace and :bronze: Kingpin. I swear those trophies are difficult to get even when boosting because some people have no clue what they're doing, it's like trying to herd cats.

I'm on the fence as to whether I'd put Nioh on this list. Love the game, but some of the challenges required for 100% completion were very arduous.

Ghostbusters: The Video Game - All of the online trophies are no longer available!

Edited by SarcalogosVermis
  • Like 1

Stormrise is one of the worst fucking games I've ever played. If you held me at gunpoint and told me to play through the game again I'd tell you to just shoot me. It's not even hard, just so boring and obtuse to play that I don't know how I even did it.

Killzone Shadow Fall I'd never do again either. Took forever, even with bots, and I got the 100% too for Elite Mode. That was one of the most frustrating things I've done in an FPS, maybe even video games in general. Never doing that shit again.

Most of my games I find enjoyment out of in some way, and even Killzone I still liked at the end, but Stormrise... eugh.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Datboy1991 said:

Elder Scrolls Online and GTAV. Or anything with extensive online trophies really. 

I remember i was lucky with GTAV.. When i bought gtav i tried l forgot password for my Rockstar account Because i played it on the xbox360. My online character (lvl 120 or so) wasnt deleted yet so nearly all relevant online trophies popped just by signing in:p

i didnt bother to go for 100%

On 7/6/2019 at 11:33 PM, Spaz said:

Get Off My Lawn - Crap game for the Vita that is free. Extremely boring and tedious to get all the trophies.

--

Assassins Creed Unity - Worst Assassins Creed game I've played.

Tedious and annoying collectibles, shit combat system, boring protagonist, dull and confusing story that ends on a whimper, no memorable cast, crappy parkour mechanics, lame side missions.

If this game ever gets remastered or re-released for a newer console, I will just skip it and find other games more worth my time.

--

Sound Shapes - Death Mode basically. Doesn't bother me I stacked this game six times.

--

Sly Cooper 2 and Sly Cooper 3 - After realizing how kidlike these games are, and the unskippable cutscenes, probably best I never touch these games again.

Sly 3 had some frustrating challenges to go with it.

--

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - Boring walking simulator with a stupid trophy list.

--

Ether One - Same as above, only a bit less interesting.

--

Magus - Bought it specifically for the trophies. Never again.

--

Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space - Same as Magus.

--

Adam's Venture Origins - Crappy Uncharted wannabe game without the combat that takes place in the 1920s. Stiff animation, so so graphics and just a rather boring game to play through.

--

Killzone HD - Has not aged well and is tedious playing to the end with four different characters. Everything felt dated.

--

Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within - One of the worst examples of a PS2 game getting a crappy port on the PS3.

The entire time I was playing this game I was afraid of the infamous Sand Portal glitch, where a cutscene would not activate upon trying to teleport to the final area.

Sound quality was shit. Game mechanics were dated and flawed. Worst of all is the fact you have to play through this THREE times because the difficulty related trophies do not stack.

--

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - Ubisoft brought back the more light hearted side of the Prince instead of the more badass sounding Prince from Warrior Within.

Boss fights were awful. I didn't think this was as bad as Warrior Within but it was definitely clear that both games have aged very poorly. Still have to play this three times over.

--

Broken Age - Medicore point and click from Tim Schafer. Acting was dull. Too many missable trophies. You have to speed run the game a second time finishing in under one hour.

A short game but a chore from start to finish.

Damn, I was actually interested on buying some of these on sale but this just killed that interest.

Still would go for ether one and sly if they ever get remakes.

Thief, the Finders Keepers trophy where you have to discover all the secret areas was a pain, and the last trophy I needed for the platinum. The game doesn’t tell you what ones you have and haven’t got, so if you die after visiting a secret area, and didn’t save beforehand, you have to visit it again. This must of happened to me cause I ended up missing one, so I had to find them all over again in a new game.

• Like 1

Dead by Daylight: Because now the requirements for getting the "adept" killer trophies changed and some of them were a pain in the ass even beforehand (nurse e.g.), but now with all the DC from people that cannot handle a loss it is almost impossible if you have not completed the main game before.

Other than that: DR2 & DR2 Off the record due to blue screens, DR4 due to stupid glitches, F13 The game due to 1000 games as jason. Lol

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - I own the Americas Collection for the PS3. It has Black Flag on it. ?

I will never play it again because the online for my PS4 edition drove me to migraine. Was grinding to level 55 for three days straight. Almost went insane. Or did I?

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune - Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Scarlet is Fortune but with some new ladies and less skin. It's also grindy as hell.

I never want to climb another fucking mountain again. ?

Edited by Jamescush147

Resident Evil 6 - Going for the platinum was kinda okay but the dlc trophies couldn't be more tedious and boring. It is important to mention that I've played the PS3 version which takes longer in that regards than the PS4 one (so maybe the "newer" version isn't that bad).

Until Dawn - Cause the game was awful. Lousy written, horribly acted out and cringy. I know that it was supposed to be an homage to older horror flicks but I think the developers just made that up after people pointed out how embarrassing that game is. ;)

Zero Time Dilemma - I love Virtue's Last Reward and was actually excited for the successor but the game was so dull and bland that I couldn't care less about the characters and the story, which was just plain uninteresting.

Ni No Kuni II - The game that made me reconsider the hobby of going for platinums. I absolutely adore the first part but I hate the second one with passion. I said it already in some other threads but to sum it up: this game is trash. Do yourself a favor and avoid this one.

• Like 2

It’s a 2 way tie for me. I would never do Ragnorok oddesey ace again. Finding randoms on the vita to go questing with and getting the platinum got so boring and time consuming in the end. Woah Dave. This game had me literally ready to throw my vita across the room because of the 1000 pennies trophy. I got to 900 some multiple times. Ended up putting it on hold for a few months over it, then spent a good 4 hours 1 day and completed it, getting the 3rd highest score in the world, around 1600 if I remember. Not to self, if a game makes you want to break things it’s probably time to put it down. A game that you can 100% in an hour took me months. You can keep you woah Dave and bury it!

• Like 1

I'd say just about every game I've got the full 100% for. Very rarely will I ever feel like going back to play a game again after completion, especially since there's so many of them that I haven't played yet. The only exception will probably be The Last of Us because that game is just that damn good. ;)

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3(PS3&PS4) 100%

Hated the PS3 version, loved the PS4 version. Would take too much time and effort to put into them in today's date. Glad I got them back then and super proud to have them in my list!

Honorable mentions would be UC2/UC3 PS3, Crysis 2(if the MP servers were still up), 3on3 Freestyle, Black Ops 2 and soon to be Injustice PS3.

Edited by Devrocka