Platinums and 100% that you would you never do again

AbleArcher97

Skyrim, Fallout 4, Metal Gear Solid V, AC Origins & Odyssey

1800+ hours clocked up between those three games alone, I feel like I know them better than myself at this point. Wouldn't do it again purely because they're long games (not helped by my playing style) and I don't see what new experiences I'd get from another run, I'd just be treading the same ground. I'm fine with running anything around the 20 - 30 hour mark a second time and I've had to for some games, but not games that run into dozens or hundreds of hours. 

Far Cry Primal, Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain, Bully, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Games I'd avoid because I wouldn't enjoy them enough to platinum a second time. I thought they were all good games for the most part, but I reckon I'd have gotten bored if I'd played them for any longer than I did, especially Beyond Two Souls. I found the desert chapter boring the first two times...I'll pass on another two. 

• Like 2

Interesting thread...  

For me it would have to be Burly Men at Sea. Though I can see the appeal of story games, I don't really see the point of one where the endings are so few that they can be mapped out on a simple graph ("decision tree"). Are Telltale Games and for example Until Dawn like that, does anybody know? Might just be me, but I think a true story game should really be able to generate its ending based on a combination of multiple factors and choices - kind of auto-generating it - instead of being a glorified decision tree with cutscenes... Just my 2 cents :-)

Grand Theft Auto IV- never wanna do online again

Batman Origins- Never wanna do online and combo tricks again

Uncharted 2- Never wanna do online grind again

Uncharted 3 - Never wanna do online grind again

Call of Duty Black Ops- Never wanna do online and Zombie mode again

Call of Duty World at war- Never wanna do the zero and hard difficulty again

Little Big Planet- Never wanna ask people to heart again

On 7/9/2019 at 3:26 AM, Gommes_ said:

Until Dawn - Cause the game was awful. Lousy written, horribly acted out and cringy. I know that it was supposed to be an homage to older horror flicks but I think the developers just made that up after people pointed out how embarrassing that game is. ;)

They were supposed to be high school/college aged kids out in the wilderness. The humor is right on point with that. 

Until Dawn is more of a homage to films like Scary Movie that poke fun at the horror genre rather than something that is scary on its own. 

Sadly Supermassive Games decides to take their talents almost exclusively to the PlayStation VR rather than the PlayStation 4 itself. Basically limiting their audience to those who have and play the VR. 

Looking over my list, there is actually only one game that I just don't want to see again, and that's Oxenfree. One playthrough was OK, but getting the plat is just sooooo boring ? Especially the silent playthrough is just dumb... 

Witcher 3.... oops my bad, I did it twice. Skyrim... oooops same story here. ? On my second platinum runs I ended up skipping most dialogue because not enough time had passed between those runs so I remembered most stuff... 150+ hours well spent right there. Well certainly wouldn't do those plats a third time no matter how good games they are!

Just Cause 3, the game wasn't bad or anything, quite funny to be honest but liberating everything was so freaking boring I almost gave up midway through. Also a couple wingsuit races made me damage a controller which is really rare for me. ? Kinda haven't even had a glance at Just Cause 4 because of that although it's probably same crazy fun stuff storywise.

Another really frustrating plat was Kingdom Come: Deliverance with all of its lovely glitches and save file corruptions. Love the medieval theme and setting of the game and even have some DLC that I haven't touched but my god was it unpleasant. A game that is strict about autosaving (autosaves can be a few hours apart) that does not work properly.

Edited by Poramies

On 7/12/2019 at 5:05 AM, Spaz said:

Sadly Supermassive Games decides to take their talents almost exclusively to the PlayStation VR rather than the PlayStation 4 itself. Basically limiting their audience to those who have and play the VR. 

Their new Dark Pictures Anthology, Man of Medan releasing soon, seem to be free of VR and focused on the standard audience.  Don't know if it's something to do with the shared story co-op or up to 5 player MP, or whether VR will become a feature later, but for now I don't see any mention of VR.  Game looks decent and not a bad cast either.

It's amazing how the industry still hasn't got a handle on trophies/achievements, they're such a big part of games nowadays yet more often than not they'll destroy enjoyment rather than compliment it.   Some excellent games mentioned on this thread that are, for many, turned into frustrating, torturous experiences due to bad trophy sets.  A lot more thought and care is needed when implementing these rewards.