Valhalla Mode Guide

whoadreader

First at all, Congratz.

I'm doing a humble trophy guide, so i apreciatte a lot yours advices. I just have one question about Valhalla Mode: If you get damaged, could i retry from menu or i need to save (usb or cloud) and overwrite de save data?

You can just retry, it doesn't matter how many attempts you take and you can fight the first 5 bosses in any order that you want. You can mix it up too so I worked on a boss at a time, did no god powers then no damage then moved to the next boss.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your advise! The tip for Hagalaz (light up all pillars) made the no power challenge a lot easier for me, i thought the knock down was random haha. With that advice my  tactic was just to run clockwise and keep rolling. The only thing you have to dodge that way are the sparks and the beams, what made it pretty easy.

For some reason i had the most trouble with Fe (both), one of the reasons was probably that i didn't know that you could hold down triangle (I just thought you had to time it really really good). Kaunen and Halagaz where the easiest for me and completed both of them in a couple runs. 50% of these fights are probably based on luck tho.

Overall fun game and good luck to anyone who is gonna plat this game .

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Starflakes said:

I have a question. The completionist trophy. Is it given to you for finding all shires and collecting all apples? Or is there something more to it?

I think it's for finding all apples, power ups and locations. So when your in the main area you can see little symbols on the map, they all need to be visited to get 100%.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey, guys. I've made a video for Perfect Valhalla trophy. Give it a go if you feel like it - might get you an idea on how to deal with some jotun or two. Played the hell out of Share Factory application to make it happen, so any comments or even advices are highly appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3phOZ_hRTU

Edited by VegaMan-X4
No idea how to insert a video directly to my post, sorry...

• 4 months later...
On 12/22/2016 at 5:59 AM, FOX said:

I have a question. The completionist trophy. Is it given to you for finding all shires and collecting all apples? Or is there something more to it?

You also need to defeat all the bosses. I found every ingredient in each area and it popped right after I defeated Odin the first time. 

• 1 month later...

Necropost. This is good stuff here. I would only mention that for Shun the Gods - Jera (Valhalla), I think it's much easier simply to

stay in the middle, near the flower, so you can charge attack her middle ground pound. You might make a couple of trips to the main body, but for the most part, you just sit back, and slowly whittle her down, killing vines and knocking back the lone branch to your right when necessary. VERY slow, but quite safe.

• 4 months later...
On 11/1/2018 at 0:41 AM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

For Valhalla Mode:

I have to defeat the bosses in a row without getting a hit or can I do it all alone an die between the fights?

You can try as much as you want, you just need to win every boss once while taking no damage and once while not using any power.

Thanks for this topic guys, it helped me a lot during my valhalla run. The worst were Fe no damage (I mean, really devs? I couldnt even see those stupid flying hammers coming at me...) and Odin no powers. The game is good and fun to play but man oh man, you better pray those RNGods for mercy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darkangel-play said:

You can try as much as you want, you just need to win every boss once while taking no damage and once while not using any power.

Thanks for this topic guys, it helped me a lot during my valhalla run. The worst were Fe no damage (I mean, really devs? I couldnt even see those stupid flying hammers coming at me...) and Odin no powers. The game is good and fun to play but man oh man, you better pray those RNGods for mercy.

@darkangel-play ok nice thank you for this Info!

Yeah this Topic really helps, and also the Videos from Shilag on Youtube helps a lot! :)

• 7 months later...

Finished this Weekend the no damage on Vahalla mode .. That was insane and sometimes really frustrating but rewarding after you finished it :D Had a lot of Trouble with Fe and Halagaz. Odin was the easiest one for me.

Tried some runs without god powers and this is even more frustrating for me then no damage :D  I guess I Need a break first until I will get into this again but all in all a really good game and no one should hesitate to Play it because of the trophies.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
7 minutes ago, Mori said:

Do I get the Shun the Gods and no hit trophies also in Valhalla mode? Would spare me some time on normal mode. 

Yes, you can get all boss related trophies in a Valhalla mode; no need to attempt them on your normal playthrough if you are going for the plat.

• Like 1

I didnt get the Shun the gods trophy on Fe in Valhalla mode. :|

Did it in story Mode now.

Am I right that the "fist" symbol represents the usage of God powers? I also watched a replay; I didnt use any powers.

Edit: Got the plat. I had to do all God related trophies (no damage and no God powers) in normal mode.

Edited by Mori

• 2 years later...