Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PSXtreme_

Wow....

11 posts in this topic

I'm impressed that there is a section for this niche' game. I'd bet that there is less than 100 people on that has ever heard of this game, let alone played it. I'm not surprised, however, that there hasn't been any posts about it.

For those of you that missed out...it's a scuba diving sim. yeah, I realize that it's not as exciting as GT5 or action-packed as Resistance...but for those of you that like to take a walk down the path less-walked upon, this one would be right up your alley. It was a quality title.

I think sections were just automatically created for games added to the database. So probably a lot of forums for obscure games. I think it's pretty cool personally. ;)

I've been looking for this game to purchase, but can't find it anywhere, well within my price range anyway. Definitely looks like a different experience. I heard it was a bit like an underwater Afrika.

yeah this and Afrika are two that i have been trying to get for a while now but they seem to be sold out everywhere :( lol

What the hell is this?

What the hell is Afrika?

You have to forgive the draw-in. It's a very early PSone game.

yeah this and Afrika are two that i have been trying to get for a while now but they seem to be sold out everywhere :( lol

You kinda want to get the Chinese/English or Korean/English since those are both voiced and text in English, but they are the more rarer/exspensive ones, I paid around $50 for the Chinese/English on Ebay, I think I got lucky, since i've seen a bunch hit the $80-$100 range, but you'll see the japanese ones go for around $40 but you'll have to print out a whole bunch of translation guides to get the plat

What the hell is this?

What the hell is Afrika?

Afrika was only released in America and Japan (Under the name Hakuna Mutata) Don't think it ever made it to Europe, its actually kinda rare I only saw 1 copy at a Gamestop and I swiped that up right when I saw it, the clerk even said if I didn't like it I could take it back (In my mind I was like hell no i'm never getting rid of this my son loves animals) Afrika is like poke'mon snap, you just take pictures of animals

Aquanauts you catalog a bunch of underwater creatures and fish, pretty much the same thing

I have Afrika and it's amazing. I want Aquanaut's Holiday so bad but i'm not spending $200+ on it.

I got Afrika for 10 Euro's some years ago in a local store (English version) and got Aquanauts on Ebay for 60 Euros. English version also. Had a feeling those 2 games were gonna be special some day.

Now, Afrika English goes for 60 Euros or higher, Aquanauts for 175 Euros minimum. Good bargain I say.

Aquanauts is a really super relaxing game. It sets your mind free.

I've been looking for some underwater/diving games recently, mostly because of nostalgia for Endless Ocean. This game is the one of the more interesting games I've come across that has taken my interest. Unfortunately, the prices for the Chinese/Korean copies nowadays seem to be between £150-200, which I wouldn't pay for even if it was a game that happened to be from one of my favourite franchises.

I'm still tempted to buy the Japanese version at some point though (which is much more reasonable, I see copies selling for £20). Unfortunately, my Japanese is limited, especially when it comes to the writing system(s), but I assume there's online translation guides... Hopefully. I'll check that out before making any purchase of course.

Me and my girlfriend playing this game at the moment (japanese version) and we absolutely loving it. Even we don't understand nothing, it's my favourite game of all time and im so impressed what the devs did with that game (graphics aren't super good but adding 500+ different kind of fishes into a game, moving fast, pattern-wise is absolutely outstanding). We finished the story, all side quests and found all large creatures. Honestly, this game is scary: Decending into the dark volcano-pit finding a giant squid, or getting hit by a Megalodon :D  Really, this game is a masterpiece. The japanese version is totally fine guys, all you need it a printed list and a short mission guide :)